Day 2 Cleanse: Questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 2 Cleanse: Questions

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  tysongustus 5 years, 7 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

tysongustus
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 10

Thanks to Able for sending me the info on the strict diet and protocol. I’m on Day 2 of my cleanse. So far so good.

Here are my questions:

Herbal tea — I have several kinds of herbal teas; licorice, peppermint, ginger, which include ingredients like lemongrass, black pepper, etc… http://amzn.to/cbsFBL http://amzn.to/11LREA9 etc. When is a good time to add these back in? What about detox tea with chicory root and roasted dandelion root, like this one? http://amzn.to/1bxRyhj Is raw dandelion root preferable to roasted dandelion root? I can’t seem to find raw chicory root, only roasted.

Carbonated mineral water — I’ve heard this is not allowed. When is the best time to re-introduce this to my diet?

Mineral supplements — What do you recommend?

Vitamins A&D — What’s a convenient way to get these? Take a beta carotene supplement plus a D supplement in proper ratios along with some dietary fat like an avocado? Seems they only sell D3 supplements.

Vitamin D3 — I’ve heard (from Robb Wolf’s Paleo Podcast) that Vitamin D3 in pill form is worthless and the only form of D3 that will do you any good is in liquid form. This seems to be the exact opposite of what I’ve read here in the Candida Forum. Please advise.

Protein powder — L-glutamine is what I’ve been taking, anywhere from 10-40g/d (10g at a time)… At what point should I add this back in?

Testosterone — I’ve been on topical testosterone cream since my T level tested super low a few months ago. Should I continue the cream during my cleanse?

Test foods — So, if a detox reaction is supposed to make you feel bad (headaches, muscle aches, etc.) like I’m having now… Is the introduction of a “bad” test food supposed to make us feel good or bad? How can we tell if the food is ok if we feel bad either way? Do we just avoid everything that makes us feel good? 😛

Optional questions:

I have a supplement called D-Hist (http://amzn.to/12z8jAz) that has Stinging Nettles Leaf 200mg, Quercetin Dihydrate 200mg, Vitamin C 150mg, Bromelain (2,400 GDU/g) (from Pineapple) 50mg, and N-Acetyl-L-Cysteine USP 25mg… Is this a safe substitute for nettle leaf? (I’ve already ordered some nettle leaf capsules, but this could be a nice backup for me.)

Serotonin — If I start feeling depressed (since carb deprivation can interfere with serotonin production) what can I do safely to boost my spirits? I’ve tried 5-HTP and it messes with me in a bad way. Pot? 😉 Perhaps finding my purpose in life…

Probiotics — I’m currently taking an 85 billion count raw probiotic from garden of life (spread over 3 pills a day, http://amzn.to/11LTukj) as well as 4-8 sacchromyces boulardii + MOS (which allegedly eat candida, http://amzn.to/12M5Sf5; supposed to take 4 but I suspect one bottle was exposed to high temperatures so I take 2-4 from each bottle). I read that I should continue taking probiotics during the cleanse. So I should continue taking these? (Sorry for the stupid question; it seems potentially arbitrary since I could be on any arbitrary probiotic regimen prior to the cleanse.)

tysongustus

Update… Cleanse day 4

Experienced moderate headaches the first two days, getting milder over time. Plenty of joint and muscle soreness, depression, some anxiety, and brain fog. Basically felt like I was hungover for 3 days. Starting to feel a bit better on day 4. Only “cheat” was an egg I fried up yesterday. Think I might make another one today. And, I’ve been sauteing kale in coconut oil ahead of schedule, with cayenne pepper, garlic, and salt.

Continuing to take 1 tablet of each of these 3 times a day: Vit C (1g), milk thistle (150mg / 80% silymarin), MAAC, nettles, garden of life “85b” probiotic (28b/capsule), and sacchromyces boulardii (5b/capsule)… plus an anti-cortisol pill with ashwaganda root, phosphatidyl serine, and some other crap in it before bed.

My most pressing question is, how are we supposed to know if a “test food” is ok? If we feel good at first (yeast happy) then we feel bad (die-off reaction)?

Thanks.

Aggie4habitat
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 7

I have had the same question about test foods as well. I’m entering week 5 and have introduced Oat Bran, Buckwheat, and Coconut flour (in that order). When first adding Oat Bran gradually I experienced heart palpitations. But i was getting those after eating coconut oil too. So, I just attributed it to die-off and pushed forward with the oat bran. Now, after 2 weeks of eating these flours, I’m severely bloated with distention. I’m wondering if it’s from the flours or something else. Were the heart palpitations the “reaction” i should have been looking for when testing foods? I still get them now.

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

Aggie4habitat;46538 wrote: I have had the same question about test foods as well. I’m entering week 5 and have introduced Oat Bran, Buckwheat, and Coconut flour (in that order). When first adding Oat Bran gradually I experienced heart palpitations. But i was getting those after eating coconut oil too. So, I just attributed it to die-off and pushed forward with the oat bran. Now, after 2 weeks of eating these flours, I’m severely bloated with distention. I’m wondering if it’s from the flours or something else. Were the heart palpitations the “reaction” i should have been looking for when testing foods? I still get them now.

Aggie, I’m just six weeks in, but prior to starting the candida diet, I found that I was reacting to both oats and coconut flour, as such, the first food that I tested was buckwheat because I had always been okay eating it. I’m actually afraid to test oats and coconut right now because I know six weeks is nothing, and I know that I am at the beginning of this, and as such, I am learning that when we have reactions to foods this early in the game, they can often be bigger than what happened prior to the candida diet. And I don’t want anything to slow me down. Just offering this experience in case you want to back off of the oats and coconut and maybe try something else.

Also, I had a bout with brassicas which were fine for me prior to the Candida Diet, but totally suck for me now (bloating with distention and gas), and it is SOOOOOO worth it to get off of stuff that’s not working—for the sake of RELIEF, and then try again in a few weeks, but very slowly!

Good luck!

tysongustus

Some people are sensitive to essentially all (or most) grains.

Also wondering… I can only seem to find roasted chicory root in coffee form. Is this useful? Or does it need to be raw? The raw stuff I found is in a form like tree bark.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Day 2 Cleanse: Questions’ is closed to new replies.