Day 13! Now what to eat….

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 13! Now what to eat….

This topic contains 3 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi All,

So I’m still sticking with. Most of my symptoms are clearing up. Just a little oral thrush now. Haven’t had hives in a few days and my vaginal yeast infection seems to have cleared. Life is good.

So I am really looking forward to being able to eat some new food. I bought coconut flour, coconut and oat bran to start. I was wondering if I eat one of these and if I feel fine after a few day do I really have to wait 2 weeks before adding something new?

Also, I see we are allowed brown rice flour. Does that mean we can also have brown rice pasta? That would really perk up the stir frys!

Finally, I still haven’t had any natural bowel movement since the benining of this program 13 days ago. I ended up using a suppository :S four days ago. Still nothing nothing since….Not too sure what to do.

Becca

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

NewDay wrote: So I am really looking forward to being able to eat some new food. I bought coconut flour, coconut and oat bran to start. I was wondering if I eat one of these and if I feel fine after a few day do I really have to wait 2 weeks before adding something new?

Of course you don’t ‘really have to’ … it’s your decision to follow or ignore the information on the forum as you please. Everything on the forum is just a suggestion, and the suggestions on the protocol are from two of us who have experienced Candida and cured it. But I would wait at the very least a few days between adding foods so that in case you have a reaction to one of the foods you’ll hopefully be able to figure out which it was.

Also, I see we are allowed brown rice flour. Does that mean we can also have brown rice pasta?

Only if you wish to play Russian roulette with the possibility of the Candida symptoms increasing again. Rice, whether it’s brown or white is starch, Candida love starch. Organic brown rice flour is completely different from the rice itself; for one thing, it’s a prebiotic, brown rice is not. Plus, brown rice has approximately the same glycemic index as white rice as well as a glycemic index reading which is very close to that of a boiled potato. So if you’re going to add brown rice to your diet, you may as well add white rice and boiled potatoes as there’s very little difference.

Finally, I still haven’t had any natural bowel movement since the beginning of this program 13 days ago. I ended up using a suppository :S four days ago. Still nothing since….Not too sure what to do.

Are you taking a probiotic yet? You might try some of these tips for constipation.
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1098_Constipation-Remedies.aspx

Able

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

Hi Able,

Thanks for the response.

My plan was to make homemade noodles with the organic brown rice flour using eggs and water. I think should be ok no?

On the other hand, your response raises some questions for me. Isn’t brown rice flour just milled brown rice? Why would the glycemic index be higher in the non milled brown rice?

So as you know I live up North and I was really excited to find oat bran yesterday (Quakers). It is not organic but contains nothing else…should this be ok?

As for your advice on constipation, I’m looking into option that will not conflict with my hyperthyroidism treatment. I’ve done the more natural things and still investigating the others.

Thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Brown rice bran (flour) is allowed on the diet but not brown rice flour. Check the allowed foods list for alternatives. One alternative is to make buckwheat flour noodles instead.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Day 13! Now what to eat….’ is closed to new replies.