Day 1= Starvation! HELLLLLLLP!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Day 1= Starvation! HELLLLLLLP!

This topic contains 11 replies, has 8 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Author

NewDay
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 25

I hope this to be the first day of a better healthier me. To date, I am feeling very nervous about this whole diet and fear I may starve to death. I LOVE food. I am a foodie to the 10th degree and enjoy cooking and eating the best of everything. Needless to say, the prospect of this Oh SO restrictive diet is not exciting me and I already do not know what to eat. I know there seems to be a fair amount of things to eat, however flavourless they may be BUT!!!!! I live way up in Northern Canada where buying organic meat is not an option and most of the foods listed are not available and the selection of veggies is limited. This will be trying!

I have been suffering from candida for over 3 years now following an exaggerated treatment of drugs my doctor prescribed to me to treat the Chlamydia I contracted from my then cheating boyfriend!!! As if that wasn’t bad enough, as a result of the treatment I began getting very sick! Yeast Infections, aggravated IBS, inability to keep food down,…which all began the moment I started the treatment.

For the past 3 years I have been visiting doctors with a list of new and developing symptoms. Doctors would just attribute them to my already existing health conditions hypothyroidism and IBS. No matter how much I insisted that these symptoms are different from any I have ever experienced in the past.

So now I am on this diet and it’s been one whole day and I am hungry and not sure that I can keep with this…..meat, plain yogurt, eggs, veggies + some nuts = 🙁

PLEASE let me know if there is anything that I can eat that may be somewhat tasty! I heard you can eat sourdough, homemade tomato sauce and hard cheese such as parmesan? Is this TRUE? Also, I am a fruit addict. Are there any I can eat?

Also, how will I know when I can start adding food????

dvjorge
    Participant
    Topics: 283
    Replies: 1368

NewDay wrote:
    I hope this to be the first day of a better healthier me. To date, I am feeling very nervous about this whole diet and fear I may starve to death. I LOVE food. I am a foodie to the 10th degree and enjoy cooking and eating the best of everything. Needless to say, the prospect of this Oh SO restrictive diet is not exciting me and I already do not know what to eat. I know there seems to be a fair amount of things to eat, however flavourless they may be BUT!!!!! I live way up in Northern Canada where buying organic meat is not an option and most of the foods listed are not available and the selection of veggies is limited. This will be trying!

I have been suffering from candida for over 3 years now following an exaggerated treatment of drugs my doctor prescribed to me to treat the Chlamydia I contracted from my then cheating boyfriend!!! As if that wasn’t bad enough, as a result of the treatment I began getting very sick! Yeast Infections, aggravated IBS, inability to keep food down,…which all began the moment I started the treatment.

For the past 3 years I have been visiting doctors with a list of new and developing symptoms. Doctors would just attribute them to my already existing health conditions hypothyroidism and IBS. No matter how much I insisted that these symptoms are different from any I have ever experienced in the past.

So now I am on this diet and it’s been one whole day and I am hungry and not sure that I can keep with this…..meat, plain yogurt, eggs, veggies + some nuts = 🙁

PLEASE let me know if there is anything that I can eat that may be somewhat tasty! I heard you can eat sourdough, homemade tomato sauce and hard cheese such as parmesan? Is this TRUE? Also, I am a fruit addict. Are there any I can eat?

Also, how will I know when I can start adding food????

To combat an intestinal fungal overgrowth, if it is your case, the diet is very important. Try to do your best following a restrictive anticandida diet. Believe it or not, the fungus can survive with the diet, and with the diet and antifungals in many cases. The success of this treatment is based in discipline and time. It requires time and an strong perseverance attacking and debilitating the fungus.
    Jorge.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

You didn’t have to scream, we would have seen your post without it.

You’re probably not following the diet that the forum members follow. It’s on the forum and not the website. Read the two posts below and you’ll know what everyone is doing and what they’re eating. Nuts should not be eaten, neither should cheese of any type. The only fruit you should have is avocado.
    Come back with your questions after reading these posts.
    The Forum’s Program:
    http://www.thecandidadie…aster-The-Protocol.aspx

Diet (Food List):
    http://www.thecandidadie…ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

There are some great/OK foods to eat on the diet that taste pretty good. You could potentially purchase some of these food items and have them shipped to you?:

-Buckwheat (raw)
    -Non-pork or beef sausage (buffalo, chicken, lamb are all allowed)
    -Coconut/buckwheat/teff flours (for the bread)

I tried out eating nuts and seeds for the first 3 months of my diet and it only set me back. Save them for stage 2 if possible. You might be thinking “oh, cmon, its only a few nuts” but if you eat these very often or in more than small amounts, they will build up in your system and eventually you will be allergic to them (if you have leaky gut).

I was horribly allergic to almond butter for instance, but now I can handle it during stage 2.

You can make some things homemade such as kefir and yogurt.

Good luck with the diet!

-raster

BlueSkies
    Participant
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 73

Hi NewDay;

I have a hypothyroid too. I have to warn you you about iron supplements. Candida thrives in an iron rich environment and, unfortunately, I think that hypothyroidism and iron defeciency go hand in hand. I’m battling this too and I know that it is going to be tough because I have the candida that is tapping into my iron stores and I am iron deficient.

Be careful eating too many veggies with iron and, when you get to the point where you can add meat, do so sparingly. I just started adding meat and I can feel the tingle amp up in my scalp, so I’m going to cool it for a few days and see what happens.

BlueSkies – week 6

NewDay

Sorry about that Able.

Thank you all for your reply. I really really appreciate! I have been going through this forum quite a bit and it is what has encouraged me to start the diet.

I guess my question about sourdough bread is just wishful thinking.

As for the links to the forum diet, they don’t seem to be working for me. Any suggestions? The second link doesn’t seem to work either?

One more question.

I am doing teh RenewLife Candigone cleanse, taking Renew Life probiotics as well as taking the recommended apple cider vinegar twice a day.

I plan on getting beeter probiotics and some of teh supplements you recommended but do you think the RenewLife Candigone cleanse is good? (It has caprylic acid and grapefruit seed extract and whole bunch of other things)

Thanks Guys you are Great!

BTW- I am impressed with all of you who are doing this and sticking with it! Really impressive. Truly.

Able900
    Spectator

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Welcome New Day!!
    I totally understand how you are feeling, I am a foodie too! When I was little I would even say mmmm while I was eating because I enjoyed it so much. But dont worry you can find tasty food that is on the diet, it just might be more work and more cooking than you are use too.
    Look at the recipe page her on the website. There is some great things you can do with chicken using different spices. Oriental chicken, lemon and lime chicken, and cayenne chicken (just to name a few). I also use turkey occasional and buffalo because it is a very lean meat. For a treat I will cook lamb. For me personally it is important for me to change from chicken occasional so I don’t want to cheat. I also feel it is good to give your diet a variety.
    See if you can order Dietz and Watson chicken sausages online. They are very good. Eggs are also a big help for breakfast. For a snack find some vegetables that you love. For me I love cucumbers so I eat them often as a snack. Many of the flours explained on this website you can order online. Bob’s Red Mill makes great products. http://www.bobsredmill.com/

Coconut bread has been essential for me on making me feel full. I only use 5 eggs instead of 6 that it says on the recipe and I add 1/2 cup of water to it. I also sometimes add squeezed lemon or lemon zest to give it a different taste. You can do this 😀 It might seem hard and it is, but what other option do you have? You deserve to be healthy.
    Hope this helps
    Lauren

forevercody
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 10

Newday,

I am 2 weeks into the diet and loving it. I feel really good and full. I eat a 1 egg omelet with lots of veggies and coconut oil in the morning and lunch I have a salad whith and egg and avocado, evoo, lemon sqeeze, pepper, cilantro and a bunch of other veggies. My favorite dinner is roasted vegs seasoned with roemary, thyme, cayenne pepper with 2 over medium eggs.Snacks I get a large iceburg lettuce with 1/4 avo, sardine, pepper, lemon and my homeade salsa (no tomato). For the salsa I rough chop 2 green bell peppers, 1/2 onion, 1/2 cilantro bunch, 1/2 jalapeno, 8 peeled garlic cloves, salt and pepper with about 2 cups water boil this covered then blend in the blender. this makes an awesome sauce. I hope this makes sense. Embrace it…you won’t regret it.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

Hi Newday!

The point with organic meat is not getting antibiotics with the industry produced meat into your system. You say that you are from the northern parts of canada. I live in Sweden as high up as Alaska on your side of the globe. I too have a hard time getting organic meat but we can get moose, reindeer and the free running critters from the forest. I am sure you can too living in Canada. Get yourself some free salmon, and wild caught fish, reindeer and moose meat is very tasty and healty because these animals never suffered the industrie drugs.

cheers
    Thomas

NewDay

Thank you Thank you Thank you Guys!

So now that I see the forum diet, I see it is even more restrictive.

Little question. It says we can have Bell Peppers…can we have yellow or red bell peppers??

So 2 weeks eh??? I can I will try my darndest.

My problem is I can’t eat egg yolk (never liked them, big time gag reflex) and so I really only have egg white and I guess the occasional fish or chicken for protein.

So I will continue looking forward to the day I can introduce coconut bread and some of those more filling foods! 12 DAY COUNTDOWN =)

So glad to hear I can’t have apple cider vinegar for now. Drinking it really makes me nauseous. BTW- In two weeks, do you recommend I start drinking it again??? or is there something else I can do?

Sorry for all the questions. I want to get this right and never have to do this ever again!

Able900
    Spectator

NewDay wrote: Little question. It says we can have Bell Peppers…can we have yellow or red bell peppers??

It’s best to stick with green peppers for at least a month or longer.

So glad to hear I can’t have apple cider vinegar for now. Drinking it really makes me nauseous. BTW- In two weeks, do you recommend I start drinking it again??? or is there something else I can do?

You don’t have to drink ACV at all if you’d rather not. Be sure to drink lemon water once or twice a day at least.

Able

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Day 1= Starvation! HELLLLLLLP!’ is closed to new replies.