Daily allowance of non-glutinous grains?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Daily allowance of non-glutinous grains?

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

rdhastin
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 1

Hello! I’m new to the candida diet, and also to the forum. I’ve a question regarding the amount of non-glutinous grains (the brown rice, quinoa, millet and buckwheat, etc.) that is allowed daily in stage 2 of the diet? Should the servings of these grains be kept to a minimum, say one serving per day? There are carbs associated with these grains, and from my research each serving of the allowable grains contains roughly 50 grams of carbs. Other candida diets recommend keeping the carbs to around 50 grams per day in the early stages of the diet, yet I see no such restrictions listed on ‘The Candida Diet’ website. Any advice in this regard would be greatly appreciated!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We follow a more strict diet on the forum. Quinoa and rice should not be eaten on the diet and should be saved for stage 3. They both ferment in the gut and don’t contain many beneficial properties.

Oat bran, buckwheat, and millet should be restricted; its up to how strong your body is and what you can handle. I would say 2 servings per day max. I eat 1/3 cup buckwheat in morning and 1/4 cup at night some days.

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Daily allowance of non-glutinous grains?’ is closed to new replies.