Curing GERD and Reflux Problems

Home The Candida Forum Candida Research Curing GERD and Reflux Problems

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  shelly808 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

slowsmile
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

The following remedy or protocol is what I still use — together with my own Anti-Candida Protocol shown in this link — when candida sufferers also have GERD or reflux problems. I’ve used this cure quite successfully many times. The full explanation as to why it works is given below.

The GERD/Reflux Cure

If your doctor has determined that your digestion problems are caused by high or excess stomach acid without having the proper tests, then he or she is just assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that you have excess stomach acid problems. It’s generally true to say that 80% – 90% of all reflux problems are actually caused by too little stomach acid. I have helped many people with candida problems and many of them had reflux problems. In all instances, I advised that they had too little stomach acid and successfully helped them recover the same way. Here are my detailed reasons for doing this. See this link:
    http://metabolichealing.com/key-integrated-functions-of-your-body/gut/lack-of-adequate-stomach-acid-what-you-don-t-know-could-be-causing-major-distress/

Doctors always advise PPIs for bad reflux because that’s what the Merck Medical Manual, their medical bible, tells them to do. However, it’s far more sensible to have either a Heidelberg pH Test(invasive) or a blood, hair and urine analysis(non-invasive) to accurately determine and confirm whether you have too much or too little stomach acid.

The main remedy for to little stomach acid is to take betaine hydrochloride and protease enzymes (that contain pancreatin, chemotrypsin, bromelain and papain) with other supporting nutrients.

By way of further description:

* When food enters the stomach, the hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach normally works to kill all the bacteria and the protein-digesting stomach enzymes(pepsin) partially digest the food with the muscles around the stomach helping to mash and breakup the food. The purpose of this stage is to fully prepare the food for the next stage — main stage duodenal digestion in the upper intestines.

* When the stomach acid is at the correct strength — and only when it is at the right acid strength — a hormone is released into the blood called secretin which in turn triggers the secretion of the pancreatic enzymes in a solution of bicarbonate(alkaline) into the duodenum for main stage digestion.

* If the stomach acid or food chyme mixture in the stomach is not at the correct acid strength (low acid) then the pancreatic enzymes and juices will not be triggered and released for main stage digestion(which must be alkaline to neutral for the enzymes to work properly) in the duodenum and the acid food mixture (chyme) will just sit there in the duodenum stagnating, rotting and fast breeding bad pathogens with associated dysbiosis and spread of pathogens into the upper intestines leading to further fungal and bacterial problems later. This also causes reflux.

* Another twist to this problem is if your body also lacks bicarbonates. As already described, your pancreas needs stores of bicarbonates to neutralize the acid food mix or chyme coming into the duodenum from the stomach. So if you are lacking bicarbonate stores in the pancreas, the acid food passing into the duodenum will not be neutralized and, again, acid intestine and reflux will be the result with further dysbiosis and pathogen spread.

* You must therefore insure that your stomach acid levels are at their correct high strength(pH must be between 1 – 3) and amounts for proper and complete digestion to occur

* You must have adequate stores of bicarbonates in the pancreatic juices to fully neutralize the acid chyme or food when it passes from the stomach into the duodenum for main stage digestion.

Here is the remedy:

Betaine Hydrochloride
    Take this at mealtimes. You must find your own dosage in the following way. What you are doing is using the BH to up your acid strength and help to increase the stomach acid stores. Everyday take one extra pill at mealtimes until you get an acid or nauseous feeling. Then cut back on your dose by one or two tablets. Maintain this dose until you again feel acidic or nauseous — then cut back again. Do this until you no longer have to take the BH — in other words your stomach acid is now at the correct strength and you are cured.

To give you an idea, I’ve read about one lady who was took 7 betaine hydrochloride tablets at mealtimes — three times a day. She cured her stomach acid, reflux and digestion problems fairly quickly.

Protease Enzymes.
    Take at least double the dose recommended at mealtimes. This aids proper digestion.

Sodium Bicarbonate(Baking Soda) and water
    1/4 to 1/2 tspn of sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) in a half glass of water taken 1/2hr to 1 one hour after eating all meals is the remedy. This will ensure the correct alkaline medium for proper Main Stage digestion in the duodenum and will also help to up the bicarbonate stores in your pancreas and increase your blood and intestinal alkalinity to help fight candida.

Magnesium
    Use magnesium chloride in the form of magnesium oil. Dosage is 8 drops in water at mealtimes. The chloride in magnesium chloride will aid in the production of stomach acid(hydrochloric acid)

B Vitamins
    As B50 or B100 complex. Take this everyday — this also helps digestion.

Kelp Extract
    Regular dosage as advised. Iodine is also needed for proper stomach acid formation. Also kills bacteria/fungus/parasites. All good.

Sea Salt
    Supplies chlorides to help formation of stomach acid in the stomach. 1/2 tspn in a glass of water once a day outside mealtimes.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

slowsmile;30924 wrote: The following remedy or protocol is what I still use — together with my own Anti-Candida Protocol shown in this link — when candida sufferers also have GERD or reflux problems. I’ve used this cure quite successfully many times. The full explanation as to why it works is given below.

The GERD/Reflux Cure

If your doctor has determined that your digestion problems are caused by high or excess stomach acid without having the proper tests, then he or she is just assuming, perhaps incorrectly, that you have excess stomach acid problems. It’s generally true to say that 80% – 90% of all reflux problems are actually caused by too little stomach acid. I have helped many people with candida problems and many of them had reflux problems. In all instances, I advised that they had too little stomach acid and successfully helped them recover the same way. Here are my detailed reasons for doing this. See this link:
    http://metabolichealing.com/key-integrated-functions-of-your-body/gut/lack-of-adequate-stomach-acid-what-you-don-t-know-could-be-causing-major-distress/

Doctors always advise PPIs for bad reflux because that’s what the Merck Medical Manual, their medical bible, tells them to do. However, it’s far more sensible to have either a Heidelberg pH Test(invasive) or a blood, hair and urine analysis(non-invasive) to accurately determine and confirm whether you have too much or too little stomach acid.

The main remedy for to little stomach acid is to take betaine hydrochloride and protease enzymes (that contain pancreatin, chemotrypsin, bromelain and papain) with other supporting nutrients.

By way of further description:

* When food enters the stomach, the hydrochloric acid secreted by the stomach normally works to kill all the bacteria and the protein-digesting stomach enzymes(pepsin) partially digest the food with the muscles around the stomach helping to mash and breakup the food. The purpose of this stage is to fully prepare the food for the next stage — main stage duodenal digestion in the upper intestines.

* When the stomach acid is at the correct strength — and only when it is at the right acid strength — a hormone is released into the blood called secretin which in turn triggers the secretion of the pancreatic enzymes in a solution of bicarbonate(alkaline) into the duodenum for main stage digestion.

* If the stomach acid or food chyme mixture in the stomach is not at the correct acid strength (low acid) then the pancreatic enzymes and juices will not be triggered and released for main stage digestion(which must be alkaline to neutral for the enzymes to work properly) in the duodenum and the acid food mixture (chyme) will just sit there in the duodenum stagnating, rotting and fast breeding bad pathogens with associated dysbiosis and spread of pathogens into the upper intestines leading to further fungal and bacterial problems later. This also causes reflux.

* Another twist to this problem is if your body also lacks bicarbonates. As already described, your pancreas needs stores of bicarbonates to neutralize the acid food mix or chyme coming into the duodenum from the stomach. So if you are lacking bicarbonate stores in the pancreas, the acid food passing into the duodenum will not be neutralized and, again, acid intestine and reflux will be the result with further dysbiosis and pathogen spread.

* You must therefore insure that your stomach acid levels are at their correct high strength(pH must be between 1 – 3) and amounts for proper and complete digestion to occur

* You must have adequate stores of bicarbonates in the pancreatic juices to fully neutralize the acid chyme or food when it passes from the stomach into the duodenum for main stage digestion.

Here is the remedy:

Betaine Hydrochloride
    Take this at mealtimes. You must find your own dosage in the following way. What you are doing is using the BH to up your acid strength and help to increase the stomach acid stores. Everyday take one extra pill at mealtimes until you get an acid or nauseous feeling. Then cut back on your dose by one or two tablets. Maintain this dose until you again feel acidic or nauseous — then cut back again. Do this until you no longer have to take the BH — in other words your stomach acid is now at the correct strength and you are cured.

To give you an idea, I’ve read about one lady who was took 7 betaine hydrochloride tablets at mealtimes — three times a day. She cured her stomach acid, reflux and digestion problems fairly quickly.

Protease Enzymes.
    Take at least double the dose recommended at mealtimes. This aids proper digestion.

Sodium Bicarbonate(Baking Soda) and water
    1/4 to 1/2 tspn of sodium bicarbonate(baking soda) in a half glass of water taken 1/2hr to 1 one hour after eating all meals is the remedy. This will ensure the correct alkaline medium for proper Main Stage digestion in the duodenum and will also help to up the bicarbonate stores in your pancreas and increase your blood and intestinal alkalinity to help fight candida.

Magnesium
    Use magnesium chloride in the form of magnesium oil. Dosage is 8 drops in water at mealtimes. The chloride in magnesium chloride will aid in the production of stomach acid(hydrochloric acid)

B Vitamins
    As B50 or B100 complex. Take this everyday — this also helps digestion.

Kelp Extract
    Regular dosage as advised. Iodine is also needed for proper stomach acid formation. Also kills bacteria/fungus/parasites. All good.

Sea Salt
    Supplies chlorides to help formation of stomach acid in the stomach. 1/2 tspn in a glass of water once a day outside mealtimes.

Hi mate,
    thanks for the useful info. I only wonder about taking the sodium bicarbonat. Is that not counter productive while fighting to low stomach acid?

thanks
    Thomas

slowsmile
    Blocked
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 9

Hi Thomas,

Thanks for your question. If you took the sodium bicarbonate at mealtime — while eating your food — then it certainly would ruin digestion. That’s why, as I’ve said, you should take SB and water 1/2 to 1 hour after you have finished your meal. Main stage digestion occurs in the duodenum — not the stomach. There are some protease enzymes involved with initiating just protein digestion in the stomach and that’s all — but the main digestion of carbohydrates, fats, proteins etc occurs in the duodenum or upper intestines — not the stomach.

In a normal healthy gut, the usefulness of stomach digestion finishes about 20 minutes after you have stopped eating your food, so taking SB and water 1/2 hr to 1 hour after eating accounts for this and will then act to create the right alkaline medium for proper main stage digestion to occur in the duodenum. The reason I give a range of times — 1/2 hr to 1 hour after meals — is to accommodate people with slow digestion which can also be caused by candida, GERD, reflux problems etc.

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

thanks for the info mate!
    cheers
    Thomas

shelly808
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 5

Fantastic information! Thank you! I have been looking for answers regarding the silent reflux I was just diagnosed with… sooooo uncomfortable, and the sore throat is simply awful…thinking I definitely have some erosion in my esophagus at this point.

They prescribed a prilosec type med. I took it for a few days because I was very afraid. But I came to my senses and decided to advise myself like I would any one of my massage clients and headed straight to the health food store. I somehow started thinking about candida while looking at products and intuitively wondered if there is a connection!

I had a full week of intravenous antibiotics in both arms 2 years ago because I had an infection that got into my blood. I took a general probiotic product for maybe a week after my hospital stay. But I never really addressed the possibility of my system going out of whack because of all those antibiotics! These past 2 years my sugar cravings have been thru the roof and I have gained 30 lbs… ugh. Thing is I never had any thrush, vaginal itchiness or any real visible symptoms..only minor rectal itchiness and when that happened, I would take a probiotic for a day or 2. Duh, cant believe I did not make the connection sooner.

I bought a product called Candex. The gal at the store says people have been getting remarkable results with it, have you heard of it? What do you think about DGL, bentonite clay, apple cider vinegar and D-Limonene as components to a candida/reflux treatment protocol? Along with of course probiotics and digestive enzymes.

I have been doing baking soda for a couple of days now, totally makes sense! So happy to have found this place.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Curing GERD and Reflux Problems’ is closed to new replies.