Culturing probiotic capsules in Kefir

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Culturing probiotic capsules in Kefir

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Cheesey 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Hey folks.

I’ve been thinking, to get a ‘bang for my buck’ with my probiotics, could I crack a probiotic capsule into my kefir when I first put it out for fermentation? Surely then I would not only be getting the probiotics from the kefir, but also the original CFU in the capsule and then a lot extra on top of that which have since begun culturing.

I have not noticed probiotics causing me die off, and I drink about a pint of 24-36 hour kefir a day and take a 50bn CFU capsule each day half an hour before my evening meal. Having said that, just because I have not noticed it, doesn’t mean it hasn’t happened because I do still continue to feel varying levels of die-off.

Does anyone have any experience or advice here?

Thanks, amigos!

Miriam
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 61

Hi,
    I wouldn’t advise putting anything in your milk or water kefir fermentation ss. Kefir has strains of it’s own. I would think there could be a strong possibility that the capsule contents could kill the grains. As strong as the little guys are they do have vularabititie. It’s a big chance to take.
    Miriam

Cheesey
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 245

Miriam;41035 wrote: Hi,
    I wouldn’t advise putting anything in your milk or water kefir fermentation ss. Kefir has strains of it’s own. I would think there could be a strong possibility that the capsule contents could kill the grains. As strong as the little guys are they do have vularabititie. It’s a big chance to take.
    Miriam

Thanks for the advice, Miriam. I will keep them separate 🙂

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Culturing probiotic capsules in Kefir’ is closed to new replies.