Cultured Coconut Milk (i.e. Yogurt that isn't dairy)

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cultured Coconut Milk (i.e. Yogurt that isn't dairy)

This topic contains 19 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  blakek89 6 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)
  • Author

newtothis
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 13

Hi Guys,

So Good makes a cultured coconut milk that looks fantastic. The blueberry one has 11g of sugar in it per serving, but its got a lot of great cultures. Is it okay to have for someone following the anti candida diet?

Thank ya kindly!

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Hi New to this,
    Welcome! ๐Ÿ™‚ I would say that it has to much sugar in it. 11 grams per serving is very high and since Candida like to eat sugar, trying to avoid sugar as much as possible would be best. So Delicious makes a coconut milk that is sugar free and only 2 grams of carbs. It comes in original and vanilla flavor. I really enjoy it. There are keifers that you can make that would have a lot of of beneficial bacteria. If you are allergic to cow’s milk you can use goat milk instead. However, I believe you would need a machine. I have not personally tried to make a keifer yet but you can look up keifer post on here.
    Here is the website for So Delicious Coconut Milk:http://sodeliciousdairyfree.com/products/coconut-milk-beverages/sugar-free-original
    Hope this helps,
    Lauren

newtothis

Lauren,

Thanks for the replies. This is super duper helpful! So on the Candida diet i can consume goat products? that excludes goat cheese though right? If I could find a goat yogurt would that be okay? (I freakin love yogurt!)

blakek89
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 186

newtothis wrote: Lauren,

Thanks for the replies. This is super duper helpful! So on the Candida diet i can consume goat products? that excludes goat cheese though right? If I could find a goat yogurt would that be okay? (I freakin love yogurt!)

It would really depend how far into the program you. Lactose is still present in goat products as in cow dairy which feeds yeast, so unless you can tell it has been fermented for a long time like say for example homemade kefir then yes, but I would wait until at least a month into the regimen when you have already been taking antifungals and commercial probiotics. If you are going to buy a goat milk yoghurt product that is commercially produced make sure it is higher in fat which mean lower in sugar and the highest protein one available. Protein and fat keep you very satiated. They also contain calories fat more to keep on the weight. Full fat Greek goat yoghurt does exist so that may be the best option for you. If you have access to raw goat milk that maybe a wonderful option to make kefir out of. I live in Vancouver 20 minutes from Bellingham and there are several grocery stores that carry raw goat milk cow milk, butter etc. The brands they carry each batch is tested for bad bacteria before it reaches the store and kefir kills pathogenic bacteria in the fermentation process. I read a study where scientists fermented kefir in a cave and no bad bacteria was present in it they couldn’t believe it so they injected E Coli and to there amazement ithe E Coli was gone.

Lauren

New to this,
    It is really up to you if you want to drink goat milk, eat goat cheese, and drink coconut milk. It depends on how strict you want to be with the diet and protocal on here. All of these things are not on protocal on this form. They are things that people start to add back into their diet. Personally I would drink coconut milk over goat milk just because coconut is a natural anti fungal. I drink coconut milk and it makes me feel better, which could be because of my deficient in Vitamin D. I also eat goat cheese sometimes, again I do not react to this. I just added this to my diet, but I am going to try to moderate it more because I am not sure the amount of mold in it. However just because I feel better having coconut milk does not mean everyone will not have problems with it. We should all listen to our bodies. I hope this helps:)
    Lots of love to you,
    Lauren

blakek89

I personally drink so delicous unsweetened coconut milk which in Canada isn’t fortified. Something that most people either don’t know or forget is that goat milk and to a lesser extent cow milk contains medium chain fatty acids just like coconut milk but in a smaller percentage. Goat milk is also alkaline, coconut milk is not. Something to think about.

Lauren

Thanks Blake! Great ideas!
    Lauren

newtothis

blakek89, thanks for the info. What is the significance of alkalinity? good or bad?
    Thanks!!

blakek89

newtothis wrote: blakek89, thanks for the info. What is the significance of alkalinity? good or bad?
    Thanks!!

Anything alkaline in food is great, it’s great for the liver, kidneys, bones. There are so many processes to neutralize acidic foods like meat, eggs, and grains that eating a more alkaline diet could be linked to better and longer health. Eating dairy is linked to osteoporosis only when cow is involved where the USA is highest in cow consumption has the highest rates of it. Around the world where goat is the regular milk levels are much lower. The goat is on the lowest alkaline level(which would be slightly alkaline), however much better than the most acidifying side of cow milk.

blakek89

Lauren

New to this, people with candida and/ or parasites infestations tend to have problems with low stomach acid. This is why many people with infestations benefit from taking HCl supplements to help raise the level of stomach acid. Vitamin C can also help with building acid in the stomach. Low stomach acid can help allow parasites and candida to occur in the stomach. This of course is not true for every person with candida. You can have a too much stomach acid and have candida problems (with this case you do not want to be taking HCl. But is general it seems many people with candida have low acid. Alkaline drinks would not be good to consume if you have low stomach acid because it will not help build the acid level up. Alkaline food (I mean non acidic foods) will lower acid where as acidic foods (like lemons) will raise stomach acid.
    Hope this helps and makes sense. I tried my best to explain, ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lauren

(I think I need to switch the vocab. I thought foods like lemon with high acididity would be called acidic where as foods that lower acid like Rice would be called alkaline. To me this makes sense to me but I am sorry if I use the wrong vocab):)

blakek89

Lauren wrote: New to this, people with candida and/ or parasites infestations tend to have problems with low stomach acid. This is why many people with infestations benefit from taking HCl supplements to help raise the level of stomach acid. Vitamin C can also help with building acid in the stomach. Low stomach acid can help allow parasites and candida to occur in the stomach. This of course is not true for every person with candida. You can have a too much stomach acid and have candida problems (with this case you do not want to be taking HCl. But is general it seems many people with candida have low acid. Alkaline drinks would not be good to consume if you have low stomach acid because it will not help build the acid level up. Alkaline will lower acid where as acidic foods will raise stomach acid.
    Hope this helps and makes sense. I tried my best to explain, ๐Ÿ™‚
    Lauren

I understand your thought process that having a low acid content makes for opportunistic parasites so flourish and that does make sense. However something you may not know is that throughout the body different levels of pH like the skin is 5.2 blood is 7.4 And urine is 4.5-6. The stomach has a very important process to break down food this requires a very acidic environment at 2 pH and if you were able to increase the alkalinity of it would be ill a lot more often by having bad bacteria like h pylori and e Coli surviving the stomach and making you sick much more often. Food alone cannot change the stomachs pH also enzymes could not work efficiently if the pH is raised, however there are certain things to increase it like saliva, chewing gum after a meal will definitely increase gastric juices to break down food better. The pH that you can change is the gut or intestine which often gets confused with the stomach and gets used interchangeably because you can change the small intestines pH.

blakek89

I think I need to switch the vocab. I thought foods like lemon with high acididity would be called acidic where as foods that lower acid like Rice would be called alkaline. To me this makes sense to me but I am sorry if I use the wrong vocab):)

Something you should know is that when you ingest acidic foods like lemons and limes they actually alkaline your body, it seems almost counterintuitive that acid is alkaline its when it reaches your small intestine.

newtothis

so both of the following apply?

“eat alkaline foods, ie club soda, goat milk/yogurt over coconut milk, so that the rest of your body benefits from the alkalinity” and

“consume lemons and acidic things so that your intestine benefits from the alkalinity which is kind of counterintuive”

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

newtothis wrote: “eat alkaline foods, ie club soda, goat milk/yogurt over coconut milk, so that the rest of your body benefits from the alkalinity”

Worrying about and trying to control the alkalinity and/or acidic balance is a waste of energy and time. What you would benefit from focusing on is avoiding any food that will allow the Candida to survive. If you follow the Candida diet and the protocol posted on the forum, the pH balance of your body will take care of itself, and the intestines and colon will have the proper acidic environment needed to cure the infestation.

And the only way I would drink pure goatโ€™s milk is if my intention was to feed the Candida. Also, I would only drink club soda if my intention was to add more toxins in the form of carbonated dioxide gas to the already-toxic-overload of my body giving the liver an even bigger job than it already has with the Candida aldehydes.

“consume lemons and acidic things so that your intestine benefits from the alkalinity which is kind of counterintuive”

The purpose of ingesting lemons or lemon juice during the treatment is not to alkalize your body but rather to serve as part of the detox process.
    And not that lemons are going to do very much in the way of alkalizing the intestines if youโ€™re following the protocol, but the goal is not to alkalize the environment of the intestines. Completely alkalizing the intestines such as eating an all fruit diet would only cause the Candida to thrive.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 20 total)

The topic ‘Cultured Coconut Milk (i.e. Yogurt that isn't dairy)’ is closed to new replies.