culture shows no yeast

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions culture shows no yeast

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

oak775
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

I have been battling with what I thought was yeast for about 9 months. It all started after taking a course of antibiotics and then getting oral thrush, vaginal and rectal yeast. I went on antifungals and did the diet for about three months. The symptoms have come and gone and then come back again.

My vaginal and rectal cultures taken 10 days ago showed no yeast. My IgE Antibody test done in September was negative for candida albicans. Should I do a stool culture as well? Or am I possibly barking up the wrong tree?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Personally, I wouldn’t trust any medical test for Candida that came back negative if I were suffering from any type of yeast problem.
    If you’ve been fighting thrush and a vaginal yeast infection for 9 months, you have a Candida problem. Whether it’s a mild or strong infestation is another matter, but obviously there’s some type of yeast fungus problem going on.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I bet my test would come up negative as well even though I have been battling this for a long time!

The best way to heal yourself is with the food you eat. At the least, the diet is very healthy.

If you think western medicine has failed, I would check out a naturopathic doctor…remember they come out like colors of the rainbow, so finding a good one could prove difficult.

Antibiotic use alone can cause candida…dr. mcoomb’s feels this way atleast.

-Raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster wrote: Antibiotic use alone can cause candida…dr. mcoomb’s feels this way atleast.

Dr. McCombs is right for once. Even though the terrain is probably set and ready for the infestation, the Candida could be held off for years if not for a trigger such as antibiotics.

oak775
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 3

My oral thrush has been gone since September. I do not know for sure if the burning and itching I have is in fact fungal. Actually, the vaginal problems that I had for months was mostly bacterial.

I do have a naturopath doctor that I’ve been seeing for months. At this point she is stumped. She has consulted with other doctors as well and in the end she has suggested that I go back to my MD. My MD believes that it’s possible that my skin is just so irritated from the past infections and resulting treatments that it’s going to take a long time to heal. We are doing cultures just to be sure that there is nothing else going on – parasites, yeast, etc.

As far as the diet goes, I’m not sure that I would go so far as to say that it’s healthy. I feel it’s an extreme measure to be used only when nothing else works. I did a candida diet for three months and consequently lost 20 pounds. I lost 10 pounds in one week. There’s nothing healthy about that. I am currently on the border of being underweight. My doctors do not want me to lose more weight.

I think I am going to go ahead and do the stool cultures. If they come back positive for yeast, then I’ll start back at square one with the diet and antifungals. If it’s negative than I’ll also start in the beginning asking – then, what is it?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider getting other tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video, if you want to get as close to a real test there is:

http://www.youtube.com/w…a8I&feature=related

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

If you think you have candida; the only way I think you will know whether you have it or not is to do the diet. If you have “die off” symptoms and feel worse once on the diet, this means you have candida in my opinion. I say give the diet a try and very likely you will see improvement.

-Raster

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘culture shows no yeast’ is closed to new replies.