Creamy Buckwheat Cereal for Breakfast EVERY day?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Creamy Buckwheat Cereal for Breakfast EVERY day?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Jojilla 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

Jojilla
    Topics: 21
    Replies: 51

I have fallen in love with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Creamy Buckwheat. I have it for breakfast every morning with cinnamon, coconut oil, kefir, 3 drops vanilla stevia, and sea salt. Is it okay that I make this for breakfast EVERY morning? I have 1/3 cup uncooked.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It’s best to rotate all of your food items so that you don’t become allergic to anything in particular. This also helps keep the yeast on its heals because it continuously has to adapt to your diet. This also will help with your nutrition because there won’t be anything you are particularly deficient in.

Since oat bran doesn’t work, I would try out millet, teff, or maybe make soup for breakfast, etc. Cream of rice is another option.

-raster

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Jojilla;47985 wrote: I have fallen in love with Bob’s Red Mill Organic Creamy Buckwheat. I have it for breakfast every morning with cinnamon, coconut oil, kefir, 3 drops vanilla stevia, and sea salt. Is it okay that I make this for breakfast EVERY morning? I have 1/3 cup uncooked.

Bob’s Red Mill Oat Bran Cereal would actually be a better choice than any other because it’s a better prebiotic. I would alternate the buckwheat with the oat bran, or you can even mix the two together for a healthy hot cereal. Whatever you do, forget about millet and teff because both of these have produced Candida symptoms in some of the members. And rice will certainly do nothing but feed the Candida. I have no idea why Raster is trying to sabotage the diet and treatment for everyone.

Sean

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you have allergies that limit your diet, you’ve gotta work with whats left. Rice is also a prebiotic, right?

-raster

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

I think it’s ok to eat buckwheat every day. I had become allergic to it at one point, stopped, and went back 2 weeks later, and was ok. since then I’ve eaten it everyday with no problem. My breakfast is that, along with a salad with avocado and some meat.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

raster;47989 wrote: If you have allergies that limit your diet, you’ve gotta work with whats left. Rice is also a prebiotic, right?

Whole grain rice is a ‘light weight’ prebiotic. Processed rice is nothing but empty calories, sugar in other words.

Whether rice is processed or whole grain it remains a starch.

“Plants store excess glucose in the form of starch.”

Is this really something you want to tell someone who is trying to overcome a serious Candida infestation and leaky gut syndrome to eat?

Jojilla would be better off eating buckwheat every morning instead of substituting any form of rice in its place.

Jojilla

Last week I tried mixing buckwheat with oat bran and made a loaf of bread. I got the exact same symptom from a half piece of bread as I did prior to starting the diet and protocol. My reaction is a sick feeling in my stomach and a constant burping thing. I there the loaf away as it was depressing to have same reaction to oats–even when mixed with buckwheat.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Jojilla, did you use gluten-free oat bran to make your bread? It could be that you’re allergic to gluten, not oats.

As long as you don’t react to buckwheat, and as long as the rest of your diet includes a variety of allowed foods, it’s not really problematic to eat it daily, imho. I personally would not recommend you venture into eating grains (rice, teff, millet) at this stage in your treatment.

Jojilla

I did buy gluten-free oats—I appreciate the question, Shayfo. What about if I tried rice BRAN? That is prebiotic, correct? Is buckwheat beneficial in any way?

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Creamy Buckwheat Cereal for Breakfast EVERY day?’ is closed to new replies.