CRC and Significant Other

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions CRC and Significant Other

This topic contains 14 replies, has 9 voices, and was last updated by  serenedream 5 years, 12 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

I thought I read somewhere on here that you can transmit candida to a partner. Well, *knocking on wood*, I have never experienced a yeast infection and believe candida overgrowth is just in the intestines at this point. Is it possible for your significant other to contract such an overgrowth from you, even if you have no vaginal symptoms?

My boyfriend started experiencing symptoms a couple weeks ago. He has not taken antibiotics at all recently (I took a round in late January). He takes no medications other than an antihistamine for allergies (sometimes), FloNase nasal spray. He has been a moderate marijuana user for a few years (college days to present).

I’ve read some dvjorge posts that discuss a compromised immune system being the root cause for CRC — as so many people eat high carb/moderate sugar diets and never suffer from CRC. For me, it was antibiotics, BC pills; my diet surely didn’t help. Aside from my boyfriend’s diet, I’m not sure why he would have a candida overgrowth.

His symptoms: mucous, phlegm, nasal/sinus issues, breakouts, weight gain, memory isn’t ‘sharp’, so to speak, anxiety, itching skin (particularly feet which he attributed to winter), fatigue. That’s all I can think of now, but I am sure he has more. I showed him this forum’s list and he got even more anxious just from reading it!

I was just looking for some input in similar experiences. As always, thanks!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

My wife also has candida and I am unsure whether she developed it on her own or not or if I gave it to her. She started the diet a few weeks ago and has noticed major improvements already.

We both lived with mold but she had a super moldy apartment where it grew on every wall. She already did an anti-candida diet but the candida went deeper into her body and started to attack the weakest point of her body, which was her ovaries. She kept on getting ovarian cysts that would rupture, etc. She hasn’t had one since we went to my naturopath recently.

-raster

serenedream

raster;39711 wrote: My wife also has candida and I am unsure whether she developed it on her own or not or if I gave it to her. She started the diet a few weeks ago and has noticed major improvements already.

We both lived with mold but she had a super moldy apartment where it grew on every wall. She already did an anti-candida diet but the candida went deeper into her body and started to attack the weakest point of her body, which was her ovaries. She kept on getting ovarian cysts that would rupture, etc. She hasn’t had one since we went to my naturopath recently.

-raster

Wow, thank you raster for sharing your experience. I plan on getting him on this diet immediately. We don’t live together yet, but I feel showed him a few things on the forum that he was open and interested. Once he read the symptoms list, he really started to worry. I basically guaranteed him that his sinus/nasal/mucous problems would subside as I had the same experience, and I am asthmatic. I think smoking marijuana exacerbated this problem, as well.

I am sorry to hear about your wife’s candida battle affecting her ovaries; ovarian cysts are beyond painful from what I’ve heard. As a woman, that’s certainly an organ you do not want to have compromised 🙁 It’s great to hear the progress you two are making, and I hope we can accomplish the same, although I don’t currently have access to a naturopath. But, I do have this forum 🙂

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

this is something that has extremely frustrated me as im quite sure my hubby has an overgrowth but will not do a thing about it ,all of my symptoms are vaginal/bladder pain and there has been times when he would say he had pain after intercourse .

i am unsure also whether he has always had this or got it from me as he has always had a bad diet/hypothyroidism and taken loads of abs the worst thought for me is as i follow with my treatment and if i reach a cure will he reinfect me since he refuses to do a thing about it .i dont know but honestly i cant think bout it much or ill probably go crazy !

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

My husband has a yeast problem too. I’m not sure if he had it before we met or not.

If Candida is truly an immune response problem then we shouldn’t be able to pass it back and forth.

Also, I often wonder how much if this is “everyone has Candida syndrome”. Am I the only one who is sure that they know the cause of all their friends and families aliments is probably yeast?

Either everyone is suffering from some degree of yeast or I’m so deep into this treatment that I’m projecting it on people.

lmm
    Topics: 29
    Replies: 138

mrs.candida;39781 wrote: My husband has a yeast problem too. I’m not sure if he had it before we met or not.

If Candida is truly an immune response problem then we shouldn’t be able to pass it back and forth.

Also, I often wonder how much if this is “everyone has Candida syndrome”. Am I the only one who is sure that they know the cause of all their friends and families aliments is probably yeast?

Either everyone is suffering from some degree of yeast or I’m so deep into this treatment that I’m projecting it on people.

I agree with you. I’m convinced some of my poorly friends have candida. I think it’s a widespread problem!

serenedream

lmm;39783 wrote:

My husband has a yeast problem too. I’m not sure if he had it before we met or not.

I agree with you. I’m convinced some of my poorly friends have candida. I think it’s a widespread problem!

I agree with both of you! Since discovering my symptoms matched CRC, I feel like I keep associating candida overgrowth with my family/friends, coworker ailments. mrs.candida, I feel the same way about projecting it on people.. I do feel like my eyes have been opened though.

The list of symptoms (such as fatigue) can be attributed to so many different ailments, but with the way America eats, it’s shocking this truly isn’t recognized more — especially when Autism/ADHD can be a result?!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

The way I look at it is that most people have something larger than just candida, they have vitamin, mineral, and essential fatty acid deficiencies. These deficiencies can cause the body to break down.

Additionally, I’ve noticed most people seem to have some sort of digestive disorder due to the western diet. At my work we have over 100 engineers on my floor and we all have to use the same bathroom. I hear some nasty IBS like craps there. Occasionally, I will see someone’s urine and it is completely dark yellow. This means they are dehydrated. And then I see the heavy coffee consumption and I think in my mind how this causes all sorts of problems in the body. We are not all that different than them, except we decided to change our lifestyles and change ourselves for the better.

My boss currently has a cough from when he was sick 2+ months ago. Still coughing eh? Man, he just doesn’t understand that the toxins are flooding his lungs caused by something in his body.

It makes me sick to see people suffering, but am I going to speak up to my coworkers about their health problems? Hell no.

I went to my friends house a few months back and noticed his wife was using probiotics and cranberry extract. I was going to ask if she had UTI’s but didn’t want to get into a private topic like this.

-raster

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I think that an active yeast infection can be passed from person to person, such as on the lips or a vaginal infection. I don’t know about systemic. I do believe that more and more people are going to have problems with this. When you think about the prevalance of prediabetes and diabetes in the U.S., it only makes sense. When you sugar and insulin are out of whack, the yeast in your gut is going to have an opportunity to take over. Our diet in the west is just not in sync with what is healthy. AND don’t even get me started on GMO’s which I believe are causing an adverse immune reaction in a lot of us…

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

ive noticed myself making this connection as well between coworkers and family and i have a friend who i know 4 sure has it but refuses to try a protocol and chooses to go to docs that cant diagnose her instead smh its frustrating in a way .

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Raster,

You have so much knowledge that you’ve gained from treating yourself, it would be a shame if you didn’t share it with the people in your real life. If you offer advise gently, I think people will be accepting of it. Of course not everyone, but you really have a lot to offer.

1533jd
    Topics: 46
    Replies: 112

Mrs Candida, I couldn’t agree with you more. Yeast, parasites and metal/pesticide toxicity are a huge problem and affect a huge proportion of our world population without a HUGE proportion knowing what is causing these infections/diseases! My whole family I have noticed definitely have these problems, I would say if one of your family has these kind of issues its likely that the others have it to some degree. Its generally the mothers gut dysbiosis (imbalanced good/bad bacteria and general toxic load passed onto the children), so in that way it usually does become a family thing. The imbalanced bacteria and toxic load leads to a suppressed immune system and mild hormone dysfunctions from day 1 so in my eyes its very easy to understand why this is the case.

My aim is going to be to help as many people as possible, mainly being family and friends, but what I now see on a daily basis is shocking and I feel I just cant stand there and let people suffer continuously without them really knowing what the underlying root cause is. Whether this leads me down a different career path I don’t know, what I do know is people are going to get helped by me one way or another, whether it be directly or indirectly telling them. For starters it will just be about spreading awareness and intelligently manoeuvring my knowledge into their heads without prying too much or getting too personal.

I would highly advise everyone to read “Gut and Psychology Syndrome”. Honestly everyone should be reading it, its very well written, simple to understand and extremely eye opening!

JD

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

Candida is a normal part of most every environment to some degree, thus healthy immune systems don’t get disruption to the natural balance of their flora and thus no CRC. However, yes there are many stories out there about couples “passing it” back and forth like it’s some kind of virus. What happening is the environment has increased in load of Candida in general and living in close quarters, mainly martial contact eventually exposes even the healthiest of immune systems to gradually ‘wear down’ until Candida becomes and issue.

I’ll never know how my dysbiosis/CRC came to form as I’ve experience symptoms in hindsight going back to childhood, it came on with a splash in the late 80’s, started causing all sorts of weird illness throughout the 90’s and eventually took me down in the early 2000’s, only figuring out candida was the culprit or a culprit of my disabling chronic health issues. Up until that point I was considered a health1y and very active guy, business owner with lots of business travel, active social life, in between relationships and dating again after a several years of letting the love of my life slip out of my life, was a very active skydiver, pro/am musician with monthly gigs, surrounded by family, companion of birds most my life, etc…….life was good!

The love of my life started noticing my “symptoms” of ill health but, we both passed it off without much real thought. Now, guess what, she’s discovered she has Candida and actually passed it through the birth canal to her young son. Obviously from our time together. Did she “give it to me” or did I “give it” to her?

The birds are significant I discovered early on as they have their own flora make up which includes candida and they suffer from candida related mycosis (mycology = study of fugus, mycosis = fungal toxins). Now, in the mid/late 80’s I rescued a wild parrot and nursed him back to health literally at the foot of my bed. It’s known mycosis or CRC can be “passed” between human and bird. Perhaps the wild bird “infected’ me……my hand fed baby parrots which I surrendered to the best exotic bird rescue who works with their same top notch vet, so they will have a good life and the constant over exposure between each other hopefully will allow us all to heal sooner than later. If nothing else, not having all the bird dander around has to help my ability to heal. Did I “give it” to my little baby parrots?

Then there were my dating days and something happened with one which I won’t go into but, included a nikkid twist without being told there was a yeast infection issue and oral…..blah blah blah…..was sicker than a dog within a month, thinking I must have just picked up the flu or something: food poisoning, maybe? There’s NO way we were together long enough although there was plenty of intimate contact during that period but, not like it seems long enough to have caused her to be exposed long enough but, who knows. If nothing else, the ‘overload’ that happened that one night soon after we had gotten together as a couple which I will never forget, probably wasn’t my ‘exposure’ in and of itself but, considering the precipice my flora/immune system was at the time the extreme dose certainly didn’t help matters at all.

Point being: it’s not like we CRC’s have the plague. Candida is everywhere and our “mates” have been exposed throughout their life. Keeping them healthy and their immune system boosted will help prevent them from having a problem along with perhaps a probiotic might be in order as well. Who knows, I’m no expert. However, everything above is true.

Able checked it out my story about humans/birds and found other cases of human/bird candida transmissions, so if it can be ‘transmitted’ between species – it certainly can and will be and issue between humans/lovers/couples, etc…..

IMHO, if one in a couple has candida, there’s a high probability the other has “it” to a degree as well: there’s no way to avoid it, particularly over a long term thing. Yet, treatment is such a By&%H anyway, it could be encouraging for a couple to go through treatment together: making it a journey which brings them closer together rather than point fingers and destroy relationships: could make a bond much closer than without it. A blessing in disguise.

However, if you are out their trolling around, one night standing it and not caring about what you could be doing to someone elses health which no one will ever put two and two together by the time they may or may not develop symptoms: is simply crazy. It can and does transmit between humans. IF you are dating, think of it like having to avoid kissing if you are unlucky enough to have picked up herpes, etc……. it’s far from the end of the world but, to be responsible about it. There’s a level of maturity in living with CRC which includes this topic – which has been discussed several times in this forum, if you have interest to find other inputs on the same subject.

Blessings to you and your ‘mate’…..any graces along your healing journey.

Tsunny
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 94

Raster- I also lived with with mold for 4 years and one of the first things the OB/GYN confirmed after a sono was ovarian cysts. That was probably my first symptom. Mold related? I think so. Mine also went away after starting diet and treatment. Passing it to spouse, no. Just wanted to chime in. Hope all goes well for your wife and yourself

serenedream

flailingWcandi;39864 wrote:

Point being: it’s not like we CRC’s have the plague. Candida is everywhere and our “mates” have been exposed throughout their life. Keeping them healthy and their immune system boosted will help prevent them from having a problem along with perhaps a probiotic might be in order as well. Who knows, I’m no expert. However, everything above is true.

Able checked it out my story about humans/birds and found other cases of human/bird candida transmissions, so if it can be ‘transmitted’ between species – it certainly can and will be and issue between humans/lovers/couples, etc…..

IMHO, if one in a couple has candida, there’s a high probability the other has “it” to a degree as well: there’s no way to avoid it, particularly over a long term thing. Yet, treatment is such a By&%H anyway, it could be encouraging for a couple to go through treatment together: making it a journey which brings them closer together rather than point fingers and destroy relationships: could make a bond much closer than without it. A blessing in disguise.

Hi flailing, thank you for the input. How interesting and insightful to hear about the bird/human transmission! I agree with your philosophy regarding a couple going through treatment together, and am trying to jump start my boyfriend’s treatment. Since we do not live together yet, this has been a struggle. I found out this morning that he had a banana for breakfast, and I cringed. I feel like a pain preaching what I’ve learned so far, but he needs to hear it and hopefully follow my plan.

As always, thanks everyone for your valuable input regarding this topic.

My one concern/worry now is… what if I cure myself, however slow that process may take, but your significant other has not? Would that set someone back who is following the protocol and doing all the right things to get healed?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘CRC and Significant Other’ is closed to new replies.