Cranberry cure, what do you think?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cranberry cure, what do you think?

This topic contains 10 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Angor 7 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Angor
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 136

I sometimes get urinary tract infections (as many others on this forum I suppose) and I found a suppliment called Cranberry cure. The content looks like this:

Contributes to the lower urinary tract health as well as the body’s own defenses.

– Organic Cranberry Extract
    – 2 billion probiotic lactic acid bacteria

Typically per 2 tablets of the RDA:
    Organic Cranberry Extract 600 mg
    which proantocyaner 18 mg
    Horsetail Extract 100 mg
    Inulin 100 mg
    Collagen 2 100 mg
    Lingonberry leaf extract 50 mg
    Organic baby Lingonberry Extract 50 mg
    which proantocyaner 1.5 mg
    Solidago virgaurea (European goldenrod or woundwort) 50 mg
    Vitamin D3 is 10 mcg
    Lactic acid bacteria (Lactobacillus rhamnosus) 2 million

What do you think about this? Is it safe?

tkt
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I would really love to know if the supplement mentioned above is okay as well. I have dealt with recurring UTI’s all my life (which led to lots of antibiotics, which probably greatly contributed to my candida problem). A few years ago, before I knew anything about candida, I learned that cranberry juice was very effective in treating my UTI’s. I would drink pure cranberry juice (http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-33/, no sugar added, very tart!), and it would usually resolve my issues in a day or two.

I haven’t had a UTI since starting the candida diet, but given my history, there is a good chance I will get one. I want to be prepared to treat it appropriately. I assume the juice I used to drink would not be good due to the 9 grams of sugar (although it would certainly be better than antibiotics). If the supplement above is okay on the diet, perhaps that may be the best choice?

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I dunno about the supplement, but if you wanted to drink cranberry juice, you could mix it with water and ferment it with spare kefir grains to remove most of the sugar and fill it with probiotics.

Angor

tkt wrote: I would really love to know if the supplement mentioned above is okay as well. I have dealt with recurring UTI’s all my life (which led to lots of antibiotics, which probably greatly contributed to my candida problem). A few years ago, before I knew anything about candida, I learned that cranberry juice was very effective in treating my UTI’s. I would drink pure cranberry juice (http://www.lakewoodjuices.com/product_detail/id-33/, no sugar added, very tart!), and it would usually resolve my issues in a day or two.

I haven’t had a UTI since starting the candida diet, but given my history, there is a good chance I will get one. I want to be prepared to treat it appropriately. I assume the juice I used to drink would not be good due to the 9 grams of sugar (although it would certainly be better than antibiotics). If the supplement above is okay on the diet, perhaps that may be the best choice?

“Inulins are a group of naturally occurring polysaccharides produced by many types of plants.[1] They belong to a class of dietary fibers known as fructans.” The pills above is not good since they contain inulin. I didn’t read it carefully enough. But maybe pure cranberry capsules would be fine? Is it?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor wrote: The pills above is not good since they contain inulin.

Raster used FOS and inulin throughout his treatment.
    I also used it throughout my treatment and cure since I used Stevia which contained inulin. This is one of the best prebiotic foods for the beneficial bacterial which must be fed on a regular basis if a cure is to be reached.

Some of the foods on the stricter version of the diet are there because they contain inulin.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Angor,

Able has mentioend cranberry extract pills a number of times on the forum for treating UTI’s, so what you have gotten should be OK for your treatment.

Inulin is a very important part of healing your gut and a good source of inulin is miracle fiber or other similar fiber products. I add it to my breads and yogurt to heal the gut.

-raster

Angor

Thanks guys! I had no idea. “Fructans” made me go eeep. Then Cranberry cure sounds pretty good 🙂

Angor

Another question on this, do you think these pills also would work as a good probiotic since it contains Lactic acid bacteria?

Doggiemama
    Topics: 43
    Replies: 204

where can you get the inulin? in what form?

havent heard that mentioned here before…

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Angor wrote: Another question on this, do you think these pills also would work as a good probiotic since it contains Lactic acid bacteria?

Not as a ‘good’ one by any means since it contains only one strain and just 2 billion CFU’s, so it’s a very mild probiotic; even milder than Threelac, and that’s not easily accomplished.

Able

Angor

Able900 wrote:

Another question on this, do you think these pills also would work as a good probiotic since it contains Lactic acid bacteria?

Not as a ‘good’ one by any means since it contains only one strain and just 2 billion CFU’s, so it’s a very mild probiotic; even milder than Threelac, and that’s not easily accomplished.

Able

Thank you, thank you for responding. I was just about to buy them, but they’re somewhat expensive. So if it’s only the cranberry for UTI I want, there’s much better options out there. So thanks!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cranberry cure, what do you think?’ is closed to new replies.