Couple Questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Couple Questions

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  M 5 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

not-creative
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Is there a limit on the amount of buckwheat/oatbran or other allowed carbs on the strict diet? I wouldn’t go over 100g of carbs for the day so how about under that?

What is the difference between getting 50g carbs from these two sources and vegetables as apposed to getting it from sweet potatoes? Since the body will break both down into glucose why does it make a difference?

Thanks for everything. This site is really helpful!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

not-creative;48367 wrote: What is the difference between getting 50g carbs from these two sources and vegetables as apposed to getting it from sweet potatoes? Since the body will break both down into glucose why does it make a difference?

A cup of baked sweet potatoes contains 19 grams of sugar.
    A cup of buckwheat contains 0 grams of sugar.

A cup of baked sweet potatoes contains 4 grams of protein.
    A cup of buckwheat contains 23 grams of protein.

The inflammation factor of a cup of sweet potatoes is 505.
    The inflammation factor of a cup of buckwheat is minus 448, that’s -448.

The various reasons that certain foods are on the diet and others are not is explained in detail in part of the Candida protocol. For example, oatbran is a perfect prebiotic food source and these sources are somewhat rare. Do you have the strict diet and protocol?

The general rule of thumb is to use common sense when determining the amount of any food that you are unsure about. The main factor in deciding amounts of food is to leave plenty of room during a meal for vegetables.

Sean

not-creative
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 5

Able900;48370 wrote:

What is the difference between getting 50g carbs from these two sources and vegetables as apposed to getting it from sweet potatoes? Since the body will break both down into glucose why does it make a difference?

A cup of baked sweet potatoes contains 19 grams of sugar.
    A cup of buckwheat contains 0 grams of sugar.

A cup of baked sweet potatoes contains 4 grams of protein.
    A cup of buckwheat contains 23 grams of protein.

The inflammation factor of a cup of sweet potatoes is 505.
    The inflammation factor of a cup of buckwheat is minus 448, that’s -448.

The various reasons that certain foods are on the diet and others are not is explained in detail in part of the Candida protocol. For example, oatbran is a perfect prebiotic food source and these sources are somewhat rare. Do you have the strict diet and protocol?

The general rule of thumb is to use common sense when determining the amount of any food that you are unsure about. The main factor in deciding amounts of food is to leave plenty of room during a meal for vegetables.

Sean

Thanks sean, I understand. I have a copy of the strict diet which im doing right now, but the glucose thing is just a personal query that keeps pestering me.

Friendly_Bacillus
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Hi Able,
    I’m new to this forum but have been on a diet/anti-fungal regiment for almost two months. I was reading a thread you were very active on a few months ago (ALLOWED FOODS: Candida Diet). I saw you posted that you have a stricter diet that can also help heal leaky gut. I tried posting a reply to that thread but it wouldn’t let me. I was wondering if I could get you to send me the information for this diet. I can see you that you’ve been a great source of information and encouragement for a lot of people here.

thank you.

*I don’t see anyway to send messages on this website so I could send you my email address unless you know of a better option.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Able is no longer on the forum but here is a food list post I created:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

-raster

Friendly_Bacillus
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 2

Thanks Raster!
    Is there a protocol or anything you suggest. I’ve been doing my diet for almost two months but I don’t think I’ve experienced any die off…at least none of the symptoms. That to me is a red flag that I’m not doing something right. It’d be nice to have someone else’s guidelines to compare and contrast.

Also, what antifungals have you had success with?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Hello Friendly,

If you haven’t experienced die-off it could be due to a few reasons/factors. If your diet is not strict then it benefits the yeast. If you still consume starches, sugars, grains, beef, etc. then this will feed the yeast and it won’t die.

Your liver might not be damaged very much so you might not get die-off.

Additionally and very likely, you have something else going on such as high histamine levels, leaky gut (inflammation) not related to candida, thyroid problems, parasite overgrowth, h.pylori overgrowth, sibo overgrowth, etc.

If you’ve been at this for 2 years and aren’t symptom free, I recommend getting a diagnosis via stool testing or blood tests.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Hey raster. Is there a spezific blood test recommended. Despite being on the strict diet for well over a year ive never gotten Die off but every synptom points to candida; esp chronic yeasst infect

ions but have always wondered about lack of die off

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

yisucks;51436 wrote: Hey raster. Is there a spezific blood test recommended. Despite being on the strict diet for well over a year ive never gotten Die off but every synptom points to candida; esp chronic yeasst infect

ions but have always wondered about lack of die off

-Candida Immune Complex (blood)
    -Comprehensive Digestive Stool Analysis (CDSA)

GenovaLabs

Doctor’s Data

M
    Topics: 72
    Replies: 253

raster;51404 wrote: Able is no longer on the forum but here is a food list post I created:

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9282_Raster-s-safe-food-list.aspx

-raster

Where did Able go?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Couple Questions’ is closed to new replies.