Couldn't it be that we are more sensitive to yeast? I'm depressed.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Couldn't it be that we are more sensitive to yeast? I'm depressed.

This topic contains 20 replies, has 10 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I have read a lot of threads on here focused on finding a “cure” and getting well. I wondered how much thought anybody has put into the fact that we could all just be more sensitive to yeast and sugar. I had my first yeast infection when I was 12. I hadn’t ever taken antibiotics or anything like them. I had my first Uti when I was 22. I truly believe that some of us are just more prone to yeast, not unlike someone prone to heart problems, diabetes, etc…

I have talked at length with my acupunturist about this because of course I am depressed about this diet. She said that none of us are really getting away with our western diet and that we all pay with different health problems (she is american). I have been depressed for about half my life now and this diet has seemed to suck the remaining joy out of my life. I always prided myself in being a person that could eat whatever she wanted, within reason of course. And now, I am one of those people that has to watch everything I eat. I always felt a bit on the outskirts of life because of my depression and the problems that came with it but now I feel really on the outside. One of my joys is talking to people and my lips hurt all the time! There is no way to ignore it… at my wit’s end. I wondered how you all cope with these feelings? I feel like I am stuck in a no win situation.

I do not believe I will ever be “cured”. I think I may someday have it under control. I feel I must come to terms with that. I can tell now, looking back on my life that I was always headed here towards this problem with yeast, I was just lucky that I didn’t have to deal with it before now. I am not trying to be a Debbiedowner. I just feel like this is going to have to be a change in my lifestyle that will have to be permanent. Does anybody else feel this way? I just want to be able to have a bagel again someday, or maybe some cheese… I know in my heart this is silly, that I should be grateful for the abundance in my life, but I have been crying about it all morning…

I am also feeling a little down because my boyfriend isn’t very supportive. He tries, but he doesn’t seem to get it. I have asked him to go to unscented laundry detergents because I can’t stand the smell and he says he will and then he doesn’t. He wants to go out to eat and I tell him how hard that would be right now. He doesn’t get it because he can eat what he wants, which is lots of bread. He doesn’t have any problem with me suffering like this at all it seems, his main worry is that my lips and body get better so he can have what he wants. He barely makes an effort to get what he wants. Sorry about the TMI. Don’t get me wrong, he is a good person but has trouble with empathy. He listens and tries, and he has stuck by me but I don’t know if I can stay with him through or after this.

Anyway, I realize that this is a long post but I would appreciate any advice, uplifting thoughts, or commiseration. I am just kind of over it today. Thanks.

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

Hang in there Kag. Keep in mind that your hopelessness, depression, and anger can all be die off symptoms. The way I see it is that I have been given a gift with my Candida Diagnosis. I can now take steps to get healthy.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I can’t seem to find a silver lining today Mrs.candida. I have had depression since my 20’s, in runs in my family. I think the hopelessness is associated with the fact that this takes so long and no one seems to really care, except the people on this forum. I don’t look sick and my lips don’t look bad so there you go… But it isn’t over… Like I said, I just want to be able to eat bread again someday. I don’t live an extravagant life, I take a lot of pleasure from little things and I feel like those are being taken away a little at a time….

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

hi honey i feel u your pain !I truly do !I think its very possible that we all are prone to yeast but it is western diet and antibiotics that truly cause this issue ,i hope i can one day be able to eat normal again .there is no way i can go thru life eating like this !i am depressed about this diet also and have been doing my best to look at the brightest side of the situation,like telling myself i will get better and this is not forever ,i like to tell myself what i want now isnt what i want most and that helps .i smoke weed and that helps with depression but if u dont already smoke i am not advising u to start as it does lower the immune system a bit .

We have to look at the big picture and this is not easy i know i have a hard time myself ,there are many around the world who suffer with no food at all so we must b grateful for what we have .there are many people who are sicker and bed bound with no hope for recovery .We at least have hope to get better and hope is the best thing u can have means u are half way there !

Dont ever feel like u are giving tmi ,i know i dont care shit, i mean thats what this forum is for right ? ill talk about whatever is bothering me and ask questions about personal shit sex whatever thats what we here for to give and get support .

My hubby is not supportive and i understand this makes it sooo much tougher !I guess we werent dealt a lucky hand there i know that if i had his support i wouldnt be fuking up thus diet so bad !its the sweets and carbs everywhere in my house that are tempting me and i lose my grip and eat them !this has to stop and my daughter also seems to have a yeast issue so im trying to get her more healthy as well .We need to realise that no matter whats in front of us we can fight it and succeed !

Jujublue
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 20

Kag hang in there. You’re message really resonates with me as the food thing is a huge part of my depression too. Not eating normal has isolated me so much. (along with the candida making my face red and inflamed.) But the not eating whatever we want is also so hard. I used to get such simple pleasure from a good cup of coffee and a piece of dark chocolate. I seemed to be one of the lucky ones who could eat whatever they wanted (although I was always a healthy eater) and be thin but now I’ve lost that ability and I’m thin as a pin and I think I look terrible. No one invites me out anymore and I burst into tears yesterday when I found out my husband and son had gone to Starbucks b/c I feel like I will never again get those simple pleasures. We have so many social and emotional pleasures from food and eating out; and to have that taken away and then add in all the illness symptoms and it’s a hard fight. I appreciate what hope4eva says about at least we have food to eat. And I keep reminding myself I’m not technically dying like some people with cancer. Although sometimes I feel like the person I was died when I got this illness. The depression is unbearable sometimes but you’re not alone. I have to believe we will at least be able to eat whatever we want on occasion even if we have to eat uber healthy 80% of the time eventually. I have to believe that or I can’t face the future. Sounds dramatic I know but I am in a dark place too.

hope4eva77

i know what u mean hubby went out and got enchiladas at a new Mexican restaurant i just wanted to cry !when we go out to eat heres never a thing on the menu thats within limits and i have to find the best option possible so i am trying to not eat out at all although sometimes with work and house we dont have a choice ,i guess we can only do are best and when we feel down about it do anything to pick are selves up if its hugging your child or listening to music ,watching a favorite show anything we find pleasure in other than food .i am having an extremely hard time with this and trying to find pleasure in other things .

i took pleasure in eating sweets and carbs now i have 2 find other ways so i dont feel so deprived .think eating is not everything in life ,theres so many other things that can and should bring us joy even a cup of tea or a hot bath can help .work is a huge stress factor for me and thats when i want to binge also i see everyone with their coffee and muffins and i swear i want to fukin bum rush them for them lmao !its sooo hard it really is !i dont know if u are religious but i have been praying and it helps also ,sorry all the typing errors i type fast and mess up

Jujublue

“i guess we can only do are best and when we feel down about it do anything to pick are selves up if its hugging your child or listening to music ,watching a favorite show anything we find pleasure in other than food .i am having an extremely hard time with this and trying to find pleasure in other things .”

Thanks hope4eva this is good stuff to remember 🙂

fixme
    Participant
    Topics: 7
    Replies: 101

I’m struggling too. My thrush is worse than when I started over 2 weeks ago. It is harder for us as women, at times of the month for example. When I’m actually out of the house supposed to be having a good time, I think to myself that I would enjoy this time more if I could have some food I like. I never realized how big a role food played in my life. My little niece eating an abundance of junk food around the house some days. I am even extra limited as a vegetarian. I need to stop pitying myself.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

How long have you been on the diet? After 4 months, 6 months, 10 months, and 12 months you should start to feel much much better and the symptoms will start to go away…all it takes is time and lots of it!

-raster

reds119
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

I started this yeast free diet around Nov. but I didn’t do it as seriously as I should have due to the holidays coming. I wish now I would have been a little bit more knowledgeable about . what was happening to the inside and outside of my body.I think I have had this for some time. I just keep thinking to myself how much better I will feel once I get this yeast monster under control. I think my husband has it but won’t take a spit test. I feel everyone’s frustration. You can only do what you can do. This is such an unexplored area that it is trail and error for most. Doctors don’t want to hear it and neither does family band friends. That is what I am finding anyway. My husband could care less if I eat or not! I just keep thinking keep eating all that carp and soon you will be living my life! I guess I’m having one of those days! Some days are easier than others. Hang in their everyone we will kick it’s sad!

hope4eva77

thanks jujublue i tried 2 thank your post and for whatever reason it wont let me

hope4eva77

yeah it is harder around the time of period cuz thats all i crave is sweets im pretty sure i fell off track during this time 2 wks ago .im just trying to do all i can to stay positive and move forward sum days are def worse than others 4 sure !

reds119
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 3

see I made some spelling errors. It’s the auto correct won’t let me swear also puts words on my page LOL…

hope4eva77

lol

Jujublue

Does anyone else find themselves on Pintrest pinning tons of beautiful recipes of food you’ll eat again “someday”? lol

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Couldn't it be that we are more sensitive to yeast? I'm depressed.’ is closed to new replies.