Could these skin problems be a sign of Candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Could these skin problems be a sign of Candida?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lbrenner800 5 years, 6 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author
    Posts
  • #110578

    lbrenner800
    Member
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

    Hi there, I’m 21 years old and I’ve had skin problems for years. It started with really oily skin and acne when I was a teenager. I went on a 6 month course of antibiotics and prescription creams to kill off the acne. I was pretty young when I used these meds and I remember being pretty reckless and taking more pills than I was supposed to, and also using way too much cream. My skin got super irritated and inflamed by the creams but that did heal after a while.

    My skin is way better now but I have this relentless problem where my pores get clogged with this yellowy buildup, it’s either sebum or dead skin or a combination of both. If I leave my skin for a week or two this stuff builds up on my face and creates a visible mask of sorts. Then when I scrape it off my face gets irritated.

    This is driving me nuts because my skin is really good aside from this problem, but I have no idea how to fix this. I’m positive that it’s an internal issue because A) using products does nothing but just irritate my skin, and B) I also have this issue on my scalp.

    My doctor said it’s seborrheic dermatitis. I don’t agree that it is because the symptoms don’t really match up, but I do think whatever’s going on is similar to seb derm. I do think it’s quite likely however that this is related to Candida.

    It wouldn’t surprise me at all if I have candida because my stress levels have been very very high these last few years, due to my skin problems and also other things such as work and school. I’ve gotten better at dealing with stress lately but I know that chronic stress can be a huge factor in leading to Candida. Also, the fact that I took so many antibiotics a few years back could have also left me vulnerable.

    Does this sound like it could be Candida? I could be barking up the wrong tree but I’d appreciate any feedback that anyone has to offer. Thanks!

    #110580

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    NEVER take antibiotics for curing skin problems. Antibiotics make things worse. Also, skin products usually don’t work or just temporarily.
    Acne and skin problems in general are a typical symptom of leaky gut syndrome (so, candida).
    Do you have any other symptoms?

    You could ask your doctor to do a stool or blood test.
    In the meantime you can also try to eliminate all ‘suspicious’ food, which means only eating (raw) vegetables for a 3-4 days and see if your skin problems change. Since this is beneficial for everyone, you can try this anyway.

    #110626

    lbrenner800
    Member
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

    TheChosenOne;49101 wrote: NEVER take antibiotics for curing skin problems. Antibiotics make things worse. Also, skin products usually don’t work or just temporarily.
    Acne and skin problems in general are a typical symptom of leaky gut syndrome (so, candida).
    Do you have any other symptoms?

    You could ask your doctor to do a stool or blood test.
    In the meantime you can also try to eliminate all ‘suspicious’ food, which means only eating (raw) vegetables for a 3-4 days and see if your skin problems change. Since this is beneficial for everyone, you can try this anyway.

    Yeah I know all that about antibiotics and products now, I had to learn the hard way though lol

    The buildup is the main problem I have. I still get spots but they’re so small now that I don’t even notice them most of the time. I’ll try the raw vegetable thing, but are there certain vegetables I should avoid? Cause I read somewhere that carrots and beets and sweet potatoes should be avoided on these types of elimination diets and that you should stick purely to green vegetables

    #110627

    TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

    lbrenner800;49147 wrote: I’ll try the raw vegetable thing, but are there certain vegetables I should avoid? Cause I read somewhere that carrots and beets and sweet potatoes should be avoided on these types of elimination diets and that you should stick purely to green vegetables

    Basically you have to avoid the starchy vegetables. Leafy and green vegetables are usually safe.
    The list with allowed vegetables:

    Artichokes
    (Jeruselem Artichokes are an especially good source of *Inulin)
    Arugula
    Asparagus
    Avocado
    Bok choy
    Broccoli
    Brussels sprouts (a strong antifungal)
    Cabbage
    Cauliflower
    Celery
    Chard or Swiss Chard
    Collard greens
    Cucumber
    Dandelion greens
    Eggplant (no more than once a week)
    Endive
    Garlic (inulin source)
    Green bell peppers
    Green beans
    Jalapenos (antifungal)
    Kale
    Kohlrabi
    Kim Chi
    Leeks (Inulin source)
    Lettuce
    Mustard Greens
    Okra (non-breaded)
    Olives (packed in ACV only)
    Onions (Inulin source)
    Radish
    Rutabaga (strong antifungal)
    Rhubarb
    Sauerkraut (fermented & free of distilled vinegar)
    Seaweed
    Shallots
    Spinach
    Sprouts (green)
    Swiss chard
    Turnip
    Turnip Greens
    Watercress
    Zucchini

    #110649

    raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

    You skin conditions may or may not be related to candida. For instance if could be related to deficiencies in stomach acid:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

    It also could be related to your liver not working properly…

    -raster

    #110658

    lbrenner800
    Member
    Topics: 19
    Replies: 8

    raster;49170 wrote: You skin conditions may or may not be related to candida. For instance if could be related to deficiencies in stomach acid:

    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst6027_Hydro-chloric-Acid-and-Health–written-by-Dr–McCoombs.aspx

    It also could be related to your liver not working properly…

    -raster

    I had some blood tests done last year when my thyroid was acting up and the doctors did say that my liver function was normal, but maybe a blood test isn’t extensive enough?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Could these skin problems be a sign of Candida?’ is closed to new replies.