Could I have a Candida issue?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Could I have a Candida issue?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

Mtb
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 5

This diet freaks me out as it looks quite restrictive, and is the last resort for me to attempt feeling better. I’ve been doing some research on candida and I notice I relate to quite a lot of symptoms.

I’ve had seb dermatitis for 10 yrs now, severe anxiety, depression, OCD, chronic headaches, migraines, abdominal pains, cramps, muscle cramps, chronic fatigue…
    Lately in the past 3 months I’ve noticed I’ve developed tinea versicolour where my seb dermatitis is, and sneezing everytime I walk in the bush which makes me feel like I have the worst cold for an hour or so. Also noticed a ring worm pattern on my chest which is red and scaley that’s never going away. I kinda feel like I’m getting worse with these new symptoms I’ve never had before.

I’ve done a few blood tests for allergy, celiac, thyroid… All came negative. Tried lactose/gluten free diets, gone through dozens of moisturisers, shampoos, creams lotions etc for my dermatitis… Nothing works.

However, I take antibiotics every 8 months, which I hear is the main culprit to candida overgrowth?
    Anyway, I’m just frustrated and for so many years been looking for answers with no positive outcomes.

Could I possible have a candida infection? How frequent do you need to take antibiotics to have an effect on your body? Are there any tests to diagnose candida or is it more error and trial?

GK
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 19

Some of the symptoms you’ve listed could be caused by candida overgrowth. The fact that you’ve been taking antibiotics increases the likeliness of candida infestation.

Do you have sugar cravings, eat a lot of carbs/refined sugar? Do you have other symptoms like intestinal bloating/flatulence, oral thrush, brain fog, chronic fatigue? Did you test positive on the home ‘spit’ test? If the answer to these questions is yes, then its fairly likely you have candida overgrowth.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Mtb;52580 wrote: This diet freaks me out as it looks quite restrictive, and is the last resort for me to attempt feeling better. I’ve been doing some research on candida and I notice I relate to quite a lot of symptoms.

I’ve had seb dermatitis for 10 yrs now, severe anxiety, depression, OCD, chronic headaches, migraines, abdominal pains, cramps, muscle cramps, chronic fatigue…
    Lately in the past 3 months I’ve noticed I’ve developed tinea versicolour where my seb dermatitis is, and sneezing everytime I walk in the bush which makes me feel like I have the worst cold for an hour or so. Also noticed a ring worm pattern on my chest which is red and scaley that’s never going away. I kinda feel like I’m getting worse with these new symptoms I’ve never had before.

I’ve done a few blood tests for allergy, celiac, thyroid… All came negative. Tried lactose/gluten free diets, gone through dozens of moisturisers, shampoos, creams lotions etc for my dermatitis… Nothing works.

However, I take antibiotics every 8 months, which I hear is the main culprit to candida overgrowth?
    Anyway, I’m just frustrated and for so many years been looking for answers with no positive outcomes.

Could I possible have a candida infection? How frequent do you need to take antibiotics to have an effect on your body? Are there any tests to diagnose candida or is it more error and trial?

I can almost guarantee you have a yeast problem, skin conditions seen post anti-biotics are classic signs. You need to start a good Candida diet + pro-biotics first, then start looking at possible anti-fungals.

Look at Raster’s diet and do the best you can, slowly go into this diet. There’s no need to rush into an restrictive diet until you know you can manage it well.

Why are you taking anti-biotics every 8 months? The most important item is to stop taking drugs that are nuking your intestinal flora and immune system.

I “cured” my Seb Derm with a bar soap from “Candida Freedom”, it works great.

Good luck.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Not all of your symptoms are completely candida related. The skin conditions can possibly be related to your liver not working/detoxing properly or deficiencies in stomach acid. Your body detoxes via 3 basic methods…via the skin, via the lungs, and via the bowels (liver). When your liver doesn’t work well your body will start detoxing via the other methods.

The headaches are likely related to inflammation of the gut…when your stomach gets inflamed, this can cause inflammation of the brain. There is a very strong gut-mind connection.

The fatigue is likely related to your adrenals being drained and/or partially your thyroid not working at its best. This is pretty typical when something wears down your body and if you consume caffeine for long periods of time.

The anxiety can be related to not having enough essential fatty acids. A way to remedy this is to take these fatty acids and it should improve or go away over time. Examples include fermented cod liver oil, omega’s, flax oil, ps-100, ps+, etc. This can occur when toxins damage the brain and erode the fatty tissue that protects it. Certain foods/substances can damage these fatty cells as well such as corn, wheat, sugar, drugs, caffeine, alcohol, etc.

Why do you take antibiotics every 8 months? Is it because you are ill?

Check out this post for candida testing:
    http://www.candidaplan.com/store/Candida-Testing/

-raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Could I have a Candida issue?’ is closed to new replies.