Could Candida be a cause for hypersensitivity vasculitis?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Could Candida be a cause for hypersensitivity vasculitis?

This topic contains 2 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Sam 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Sam
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi,

I have a problem that I wonder could be Candida related?

I was diagnosed with Hypersensitive Vasculitis last year. It manifests as a non-blanching purpuric rash on the tops of my feet, legs and fore-arms. Flare-ups are rarer now that I’ve learned to manage it (to a degree), and there has been times when it barely shows for a month or more. I have regular blood and urine tests to ensure it hasn’t become systemic – so far so good, my symptoms are the rash only. My blood is fine and there are no proteins in my urine.

I have been prescribed a drug called Dapsone, traditionally used to treat leprosy, which I am reluctant to use and would like to try other treatment options first as what I’ve read about Dapsone hasn’t filled me with confidence that it would be in my best interests.

Anyway, over the course of the last year my wife and I have noticed that certain foods/drinks seem to trigger the rash, hence my comment about learning to manage the condition. We’ve noticed that alcohol, and the nightshade family (tomatoes, potatoes etc) seem to provoke a reaction. I was also quite gassy and when had also been told by a couple of naturopaths that my liver was under pressure.

While trawling the net before Christmas I came across this personal account of vasculitis being a symptom of candida (http://www.drcarlnaturopath.com/files/Vasculitis_Free.pdf) which prompted me to read more about candida and in the end, lead me here.

The connections made enough sense to me to make the switch to a candida diet, which I started two weeks ago. So far I have experienced a greater rash symptoms than I normally would ,especially since I still am eliminating nightshade. I’ve also been on the probiotics, anti-fungals (coconut oil) in addition to following the diet quite strictly.

There has been one change to my symptoms though, as well as the usual areas the rash has also appeared on the back of my hands for the first time,

The idea of the underlying cause of my vasculitis, in this case Candida, is dying off, fills me with a lot of hope that this isn’t necessarily a condition that will be with me forever. However I understand it might be a stretch to link the two conditions as there doesn’t seem to be a lot literature out there backing up my theory.

I’d love to hear from anyone that may have any thoughts/ideas/feedback on the vasculitis/Candida link.

Thanks for reading,

Sam

Sam

One more question – what are your thoughts on taking diluted tea-tree oil internally for Candida treatment?

Thanks again.

Sam

Just bumping this, hoping someone has any insights?

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Could Candida be a cause for hypersensitivity vasculitis?’ is closed to new replies.