Could antibiotics actually help with candida?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Could antibiotics actually help with candida?

This topic contains 7 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  TheChosenOne 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

mash2100
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 3

I’ve been struggling with candida for over a year and a half now and I’ve tried everything from a change in diet to probiotics to antifungals and still nothing. I’m not sure if this is a dumb question since I know many, if not most, cases of candida infection are caused by the use of antibiotics. However, let’s say if I continue eating healthy and using antifungals (like monistat 7) but I decide to take some antibiotics for a couple of days while also taking probiotics, could this get rid of candida?
    My logic behind this is that antibiotics basically sterilize your gut killing both the bad and the good bacteria. If I take probiotics, antifungals, and consume healthy food while cleaning out my gut with antibiotics, then the beneficial bacteria will grow back faster than the yeast.

Just wondering if this is even possible?

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

No. As far as I know antibiotics have just a small effect on fungi. It will do more harm than good.
    In a normal person, it takes a few years before the probiotics have recolonized your bowels completely. In someone with candida this is even harder.

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

Antibiotics will set you back.

What TheChosenOne said. 🙂

kittykat86
    Participant
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi Vegan Catlady 🙂
    I’m new to this forum and so grateful to be apart
    of as doctors are hopeless. I came across a post about a lady who took a spoonful of garlic with water. I found this to be the most exciting news ever because as cheap and quick it is …. it has worked wonders. I wont say im cured but definately feel my symptons have subsided immensely. Also the placing of the garlic you know where took that irritation away. You read everywhere about taking garlic and it being good for candida … but I was quick to dismiss as im young and thought that the bought items would get rid of this. Iv spent so much time money and emotional stress of this damn illness I wish I had of done the garlic thing in the
    first place. Just wondering if the garlic works for you ? Wishing you all hope and wellness in this journey, I hope to read soon that thinfs are working out for you X

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Antibiotics won’t cure you.

Have you tried SF722 and HMF neuro yet? I think you likely are taking the wrong supplements…

-raster

Vegan Catlady
    Replies: 626

kittykat86;56592 wrote: Hi Vegan Catlady 🙂
    I’m new to this forum and so grateful to be apart
    of as doctors are hopeless. I came across a post about a lady who took a spoonful of garlic with water. I found this to be the most exciting news ever because as cheap and quick it is …. it has worked wonders. I wont say im cured but definately feel my symptons have subsided immensely. Also the placing of the garlic you know where took that irritation away. You read everywhere about taking garlic and it being good for candida … but I was quick to dismiss as im young and thought that the bought items would get rid of this. Iv spent so much time money and emotional stress of this damn illness I wish I had of done the garlic thing in the
    first place. Just wondering if the garlic works for you ? Wishing you all hope and wellness in this journey, I hope to read soon that thinfs are working out for you X

Hi Kittykat86! I put your answer to this post here: http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst9863p12_Here-to-learn-what-works-and-what-doesnt—my-experiences.aspx
    so that we do not hijack the thread ! 😀

jgentry8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 13

raster;56593 wrote: Antibiotics won’t cure you.

Have you tried SF722 and HMF neuro yet? I think you likely are taking the wrong supplements…

-raster

Raster,
    I have been taking SF722 with 2 different forms of probiotics. I have been experiencing the rash growing all Over my arms, my tongue is getting worse, and I look more bloated. I was also so constipated that I was hospitalized for 4 days and prescribed a laxative that I must take every day now. Could this all just be die off? And what do you reccomend I do about the constipation? I’m taking 5 pills 3 times daily of the sf722 as directed on the bottle.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Replies: 410

jgentry8;56988 wrote: Raster,
    I have been taking SF722 with 2 different forms of probiotics. I have been experiencing the rash growing all Over my arms, my tongue is getting worse, and I look more bloated. I was also so constipated that I was hospitalized for 4 days and prescribed a laxative that I must take every day now. Could this all just be die off? And what do you reccomend I do about the constipation? I’m taking 5 pills 3 times daily of the sf722 as directed on the bottle.

The general rule of taking supplements/antifungals is to stop them if you have problems with them. Constipation, rash and bloating are not a sign of die off. It’s either SF722 or the probiotics that cause the problem.
    Rash is generally an allergic reaction, whereas bloating is probably an enzyme/stomach acid problem (try to take some HCl supplements), you don’t chew your foods enough or it can be related to your constipation.
    Fruit/vegetable juices can soften constipation as wel as oat bran. Also drink a lot of water.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Could antibiotics actually help with candida?’ is closed to new replies.