Coping with the Detox drink

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coping with the Detox drink

This topic contains 7 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

Little x Rach
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 3

Hi all,

I thought I’d just seek some advice about the awful detox drink that has to be consumed whilst on the cleanse. I have started the cleanse today and so have had two of the detox ‘drinks’ already. However, I am finding it difficult to consume. The first mouthful I took, I was sick!
    I have tried methods such as holding my nose (works to cut out the awful taste) and the last one I had, I took a gulp of the detox mixture and swallowed it down with some water. This worked a little better but I was still unable to consume the entire cup as such. I am on the ‘easier option’ cleanse as I felt this would be more appropriate for me.

Has anyone got any advice on how to take this drink? I’m only planning to do the cleanse for 7 days but even that seems like an awful lot of that mixture to take!

Please help!

Many thanks,

Rach x

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

You could try not taking it. Get some Swedish bitters instead. I think they actually taste okay. If you’ve only read the website so far, you might be interested in the protocol members on the forum are using.

Little x Rach

Thank you Javizy.

I’ve just read about doing a ‘safer cleanse’ and that sounds much more manageable. I even read that the Psyllium husk can be dangerous. I am certainly having some gargles coming from my stomach!!

The safer cleanse sounds much more inviting as I absolutely love lemons!

Thank you for your advice πŸ™‚

xRachx

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Javizy wrote: Get some Swedish bitters instead.

Hello, Rach. Welcome to the forum.

Just a note about the Swedish Bitters; you shouldn’t use these during the detox unless you’re eating a substantial amount of food during a meal.

Able

Little x Rach

Thanks for the warm welcome Able πŸ™‚

Just a quick question for you actually: Is it essential to use digestive grape bitters in the detox you suggest on here? Or, can I just do a cleanse using the lemon water?

I’m finding that shipping on this item is phenomenally expensive. I’ve spent so much money on supplements recently – not just for the candidiasis but for having hypoadrenalism and hypothyroidism πŸ™ I was wondering whether it’d be as effective without it?

Cheers

xRachx

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Little x Rach wrote: Just a quick question for you actually: Is it essential to use digestive grape bitters in the detox you suggest on here? Or, can I just do a cleanse using the lemon water?[/color]

You might be alright during the cleanse, but they have a number of benefits during phase 1. Try getting the non-alcoholic ones here. They’re quite reasonably priced and the service is good. The 200ml bottle should last over a month.

Little x Rach

Oh gosh – just had the liver flush and that is vile too!!!

I cannot do this diet! I’m not even a massive vegetable lover either. I am seriously hungry too πŸ™ I can’t see me doing this for seven days…it’s impossible!!!
    Oh I was so positive and got all of the ingredients and really wanted to tackle this head on but it’s so much harder than just reading through the website πŸ™

P.S My partner is never going to want to kiss me again! My breath wreaks of garlic!!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Little x Rach wrote: Oh gosh – just had the liver flush and that is vile too!!!
    I cannot do this diet! I’m not even a massive vegetable lover either. I am seriously hungry too πŸ™ I can’t see me doing this for seven days…it’s impossible!!!
    Oh I was so positive and got all of the ingredients and really wanted to tackle this head on but it’s so much harder than just reading through the website πŸ™

P.S My partner is never going to want to kiss me again! My breath wreaks of garlic!!!!

I assume from your post that you’re using the detox drink on the website and not the one on the forum. Read the first link below for a safer and easier cleans.
    Follow the protocol in the second link once you’ve completed the detox, or, if you think that you cannot for sure complete even the easier cleanse, go directly to the protocol.

Proper and Safe Cleanse:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst997_Proper-and-Safe-Cleanse.aspx

The Protocol:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Coping with the Detox drink’ is closed to new replies.