contraceptive pill?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions contraceptive pill?

This topic contains 8 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  Kag 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

emz333
    Topics: 27
    Replies: 49

hey guys, i went to see a naturopath today who works along side the acupuncturist i hav just started to see. what a difference i have noticed with acupuncture! anyway, she said to me today the contraceptive pill is really bad for candida, and i remember my doctor telling me since i have been on it for over 10 years and have swapped to 2 different stronger pills over the years that i need to give my body a break. i dont want to go back to using condoms, yuck.. any others out there on any kind of mind contraception that doesnt mess with ur hormones like the pill? i think i might stop taking it, even for a couple of months and see what happens…

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

BC pills are a huge contribution to candida maybe there are other herbs u can take but I’m not sure, I know if u been on the pill that long it can take awhile to get pregnant as your system hasent been ovulating for so long.

emz333

thanks for ur reply! yea i have heard that too. good, as its not in the plan!! i will try b super careful tho

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You can not get pregnant when its close to your time of the month, so maybe not use condoms for those days?

I use condoms and the thin ones feel better than the regular ones.

-raster

fje
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 10

I would not recommend having unprotected sex at any time during your cycle if you don’t want to risk having kids. It’s entirely possible to get pregnant anytime in your cycle, just less likely. Plus once you go off the pill, your cycle will be a little waked for a while (but you will STILL be able to get pregnant!) so you can’t definitely say if you are 100% safe or not.

If you aren’t planning to have kids for a few years, you could look into an IUD. I would talk to your doctor about non-hormonal birth control because they will give you better information than anyone here.

Condoms suck, but they’re better than an unplanned pregnancy (in my opinion at least…)

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

It is incorrect information that you cannot get pregnant close to the end of your cycle. You can get pregnant at any time, even if it is less likely. It all depends on time of ovulation, strength of sperm and the “shelf-life” of your eggs. Not to mention, if you get a std, you could end up with a host of other problems. I hate condoms too, but there are other things out there like the IUD, they are a lot better than they used to be. There is also a diaphragm but that does use a spermicide. I haven’t taken the pill for 12 years because of a precancerous condition that I have and I believe it has helped. Good luck dear!

shayfo
    Replies: 668

I’ve found that spermicides seem to also be, uh, vagi-cides? Spermicidal condoms have given me yeast infections before, no question. Also, if through the diet you find you’re sensitive to wheat or gluten, be careful with latex. It’s a common co-allergy. They’re a little more expensive, but I use polyisoprene condoms now. The general consensus is that they’re better than latex in terms of sensation for men, as well.

As far as unprotected sex off birth control, if you decide to try it, the only time I would do it is the day or two after your period ends. You don’t ovulate until 12-15 days after the beginning of your menstrual flow, so unless your periods are extremely long, that’s the “safest” day. I’m pretty in touch with my body and can tell subtle things when my cervix is closed post-menstruation, when I ovulate, etc, but I also have an extremely regular period, so it was easier for me to bank on that when it was a matter of concern.

emz333

thanx heaps guys, i will go see a gp and ask about maybe to iud. i definately dont want to get pregnant, so will b being careful…!!!

Kag
    Replies: 402

I am also allergic to spermicides, so I use condoms that just have non-spermicidal lubricant on them.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘contraceptive pill?’ is closed to new replies.