continue antifungals>?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions continue antifungals>?

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  yisucks 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

yisucks
    Participant
    Topics: 131
    Replies: 331

Hi all,
    I’ve been on the diet for 6 months and a week. I am wondering if I should continue to take antifungals. I saw Able told Jo Jo, who has been on the diet for 8 months, to cease the use of her GSE/Oil of Oregano. Should I be doing the same? For 6 months of my diet, I alternated GSE and Oil of Oregano and very recently started doing Black Walnut extract (yuck). Anyway, I’m totally fine to continue doing it, and will probably finish off my bottles, but am wondering how long I should keep these up. I have my symptoms—which was only recurrent vaginal yeast infection symptoms—like 85% under control. Big improvements. I will also add that I alternate a bottle of MegaFood MegaFlora (50 billion) 2x a day and alternate that with a Reuteri strain (5 billion 2x a day) PLUS the HMF Neuro 2x a day. I also drink about a glass of kefir a day and eat Fage Greek Yogurt 1-2x a day. I also follow the diet. Any changes I should make?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

It sounds like your symptoms have continued to improve with only 15% of the original symptoms remaining. I would stop the GSE completely, and continue the oil of oregano just once a week as a maintenance dose; doing this will hopefully give the flora a chance to increase at a higher rate.

Did you have a specific reason for starting the black walnut extract?

Able

yisucks
    Participant

Thanks Able. That sounds like a good plan. Well, I know I was supposed to alternate two, and was doing GSE and Oil of Oregano for a while so I wanted to try something different. I didn’t really have a good reason…but then it occurred to me I may be overdoing the antifungals, so I figured I would ask and am glad I did. I will definitely try as you suggested 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would switch to SF722 undecenoic acid as a good long term antifungal and use this as well. This likely will reduce most of your remaining symptoms.

-raster

yisucks
    Participant

Oh yeah I actually take Sf722 already — 6 tabs a day. Maybe I will just do that, and then the OIl of Oregano that Able suggested to do 1x a week

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘continue antifungals>?’ is closed to new replies.