Constipation Remedies

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Constipation Remedies

This topic contains 34 replies, has 20 voices, and was last updated by  pinky80 2 months, 1 week ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)
  • Author

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Constipation is not always caused by a lack of dietary fiber as many people believe, but rather by any one of several possible causes; among these are the opioid peptides in wheat and dairy products and the beta-carbolines in high-protein foods such as meat and fowl. In addition, many different illnesses cause constipation; unfortunately this includes a Candida albicans overgrowth.

When you’re on a Candida treatment, especially during the initial detox period, a large amount of toxins are released and hopefully expelled by the body. These toxins can cause either constipation or diarrhea.

If you go 24 hours without a bowel movement while on the cleanse, stop taking the bentonite clay immediately and try one or more of the remedies shown below. Bentonite clay is great for removing toxins from the body, but if they’re staying in your body this isn’t helping anything at all.

Suggestions for constipation during a cleanse or any other time during the treatment are below.

Dr Miller’s Holy Tea: Amazon carries this.

BodyGold® ColonClenz: You can take up to 4 or 5 capsules a day.

Olive Oil: Take two teaspoons after each meal and snack followed by a cup of very warm water.

Slippery Elm: This herb is one of the best natural supplements for constipation. If you decide to use slippery elm make sure you drink a lot of water with it … a lot.

Drink a full glass of warm water on an empty stomach every morning.

Trimethylglycine (TMG) helps considerably with digestion as well as Swedish Bitters.

Dehydration causes constipation, so be sure you stay hydrated by drinking water all day long. After a few days of the extra water, you may still be thirsty during the night, so take a glass or bottle to bed with you to sip on during the night.

Ox Bile
    Unfortunately, the liver is overworked to a huge degree when the human body is suffering from a Candida infestation. The liver puts off bile, which the intestines require in order to stimulate movement, so naturally a poor bile flow can cause constipation. A supplement by the name of “Ox Bile” can usually correct this problem.

Epsom Salt
    When Epsom salt is ingested as a constipation relief, it has a tendency to draw water from the bloodstream into the digestive tract. The water which accumulates in the colon helps to soften the stool, and the magnesium present in the salt promotes contraction of the bowel muscles allowing easier elimination.

Raster’s remedies are Miracle Fiber on his yogurt and chamomile tea daily.

In studying the Ayurvedic medicines, I came across an interesting herb by the name of Triphala. This is a powerful herb which acts as a complete body cleanser, it cleans and detoxifies the colon as well as purifying the blood by removing toxins. A store by the name of “Organic India” which specializes in Ayurveda healing sells it online, but it’s also sold on Amazon.

It’s absolutely imperative that you do not remain constipated if you’re experiencing die-off symptoms. If all else fails, you’re better off taking a mild laxative than remaining constipation. As mentioned, this is especially true during die-off symptoms as your main goal at that time is not to destroy the Candida, but rather to keep the Candida toxins flushed from your body to prevent further damage.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Another remedy is magnesium chloride…take a teaspoon once at night before bed. If you have too much movement, reduce to only 5 drops each time you take it. I got a homemade batch from my naturopathic doctor so am unsure whether you can get it at a vitamin shop or not.

Its pluses:

1)very strong
    2)It’ll help mineralize your calcium (so your body doesn’t use it to fight candida as much).
    3)It helps normalize parasites
    4)It removes uric(mispell) acid deposits
    5)It removes plaque from blood and cleans blood
    6)It drains spinal fluid buildup (slowly)

raster
    Participant

Another remedy in general is to add trace minerals to your diet. This includes calcium, zinc, magnesium, potassium to name a few. You can get these vitamins/minerals either through your diet(eating certain foods) or by getting a vitamin/supplement.

Also chew your food! Read my chew your food post and this could help many of your digestion problems. 20-30 chews per each bite.

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

Before I found this forum I actually shelled out the cash for the ebook, 5 steps to cure candida. In the book they say that enemas using organic coffee grinds/distilled water are fine. I know that caffeine is not good for the diet but they claim that since you are just using it for the enema that your body is not actually digesting it, so its not feeding the candida. What are your thoughts on this guys/gals?

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

89Mirageman wrote: In the book they say that enemas using organic coffee grinds/distilled water are fine. I know that caffeine is not good for the diet but they claim that since you are just using it for the enema that your body is not actually digesting it, so its not feeding the candida.

This is another ridiculous claim made by someone who apparently hasn’t a clue as far as the biology of the human body is concerned.

When you take an enema containing coffee (or any other liquid) it’s absorbed into the blood stream through the intestines. This has the same effect as it would if it were rubbed on the skin or taken by mouth.

When coffee or any other caffeine product is absorbed into the body, the caffeine’s effect is to weaken the adrenal glands which can lead to increased inflammation in the body due to low levels of anti-inflammatory corticosteroids. As far as Candida is concerned, it becomes more difficult for the healing process to be successful when the adrenals are weak. Also the tannins in the coffee are absorbed and these bind together the nutrients that are needed for healing. In addition to this, the oxalates in coffee irritate general body tissues. But the most important of these is the weakening of the immune system which in most cases is already suffering due to the Candida infestation.

Even if caffeine-free coffee is used, it still contains molds which are also absorbed into the blood stream further aggravating the Candida.

Able

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

Hi guys, I’ve found that since I’ve started taking the raw garlic last thing at night (2 or 3 cloves chopped small, washed down with water) that I’m having an easy movement first thing in the morning… also quite soon after a full glass of apple cider vinegar (1 pint water + 2 dessert spoons avc) I get an urge to go.

raster
    Participant

Chamomile tea is great for constipation.

Also, if you want to do a great colon cleanse once a week or so, drink some coffee! I know we don’t recommend caffeine, but if it can bring great relief to the digestive system for a half a week or longer…I find it to be benefit. I only drink it once a week in other words.

-Raster

raster
    Participant

Another good one to try out is to add inulin (aka miracle fiber) to your foods such as yogurt or oat bran. Just sprinkle some on top and it should help rather quickly.

Inulin and foods high in (FOS) aid digestion and heal leaky gut.

-raster

Chlofloso
    Topics: 28
    Replies: 104

Another thing against constipation is acacia fiber. It apparently has even more benefits: It lowers the glycaemic index in your blood since it contains enzymes which slow down the release of insuline, and it has a strong prebiotic effect! Sounds like a candida dream food…

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

So have constipation problems now. Anyone that can confirm long time succsess using any of the suggested metodes?

*JP*

raster
    Participant

Hello Johnny,

I use the miracle fiber on my yogurt and chamomile tea daily and I have two movements per day. If you use a large dose of miracle fiber, it’ll cause movement rapidly.

-raster

JohnnyPonny
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 39

Ill give it a try. Thanks for the tip 🙂

*JP*

rallygirl
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 15

I’ve been having problems with this lately but I’m not too keen on drinking coffee. Does anyone with experience with chicory coffee notice a similar effect? I’m starting to drink more chammomile tea but it hasn’t done much of anything yet. I just want to help my body in any way to get these toxins out!

Pattinoo
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 50

I struggled with this for about a month. 3 weeks of it I was taking acacia fiber, 2 of those weeks had added Colon Clenz. Wasn’t until I got Dr Millers Holy Tea that things have just straightened out some. I was desperate and close to going to the MD but really didn’t want to deal with the options they would give me. Had to deal with suppositories and a couple of enemas (sorry for unpleasant info) but had no choice. Have had the tea for like 4 days and things are much better. Still keeping the tea, acacia fiber and colon clenze going until I’m sure things are ok. Hopefully won’t have to rely on these long term.

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

Whenever I have had problems with this in the past I would drink Aloe Vera juice and it helped me. It does not solve the problem right away, but usually by the second day for me. So if you need a quick fix I would suggest something else. I use to have to take milk of magnesium sometimes because it would get so bad, but I introduced Aloe Vera juice into my diet and have never had a problem since. I very rarely uses this product now because I do not need it. Though this product is also great for joints and muscle pain. It just a wonderful product! 🙂 Lily of the Deseret is a great brand. Here is a link to their website. http://www.lilyofthedesert.com/our_products/category/preservative-free-aloe-vera-juice/31
    Thanks
    Lauren

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 35 total)

The topic ‘Constipation Remedies’ is closed to new replies.