Constipation and bloating worse on the diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Constipation and bloating worse on the diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

sbilyk
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I’ve been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and have experienced mild to severe constipation since I started. One of the reasons I started this diet is to help my bloating problem and now it is worse. Is this just die-off? Or are the diet/supplements somehow making my IBS worse? I’ve tried Triphala, olive oil, warm water, dandelion root, HCL, acaia and even laxatives. I decided to write because my indigestion and bloating is so bad right now that I can’t even stand up straight and feel nauseous every time I move. I haven’t had many other symptoms of die-off except for this. I thought that eliminating sugar and eating more vegetables would help me be more regular. What am I doing wrong? Should I stop taking the coconut oil until I get this constipation problem under control?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Before the diet, I NEVER got constipated (quite the opposite), but I had pretty constant constipation for the first…month? Ish. It’s better now. I think it’s just die-off and takes a while. Try looking up the thread about constipation remedies, because it’s important to get the toxins out of your body in a timely manner.

If you’re not taking anything for die-off, get molybdenum amino acid chelate, and take vitamin C.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I had the same thing as shayfo…never constipated in my life until the first month or so of the diet. It’s gone away now and I’m back to being a happy poop machine 😀

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sbilyk;37030 wrote: I’ve been on the diet for about 3 weeks now and have experienced mild to severe constipation since I started. One of the reasons I started this diet is to help my bloating problem and now it is worse. Is this just die-off? Or are the diet/supplements somehow making my IBS worse? I’ve tried Triphala, olive oil, warm water, dandelion root, HCL, acaia and even laxatives. I decided to write because my indigestion and bloating is so bad right now that I can’t even stand up straight and feel nauseous every time I move. I haven’t had many other symptoms of die-off except for this. I thought that eliminating sugar and eating more vegetables would help me be more regular. What am I doing wrong? Should I stop taking the coconut oil until I get this constipation problem under control?

If your are bloated and if you are worse with the diet here. You should check if you have SIBO.
    You still can have too candida but bloating is a sign for fermentation. There is a bacteria producing methanegas and this bacteriea is responsible for constipation. The diet here is thought to help the good bacteria to grow and to fill up the place of the intestines so the candida cant take over. Therefore people take a lot of probiotica and pre-biotica to feed their bacteria. But if you have a pathogen bacteria you too will feed it with all the fibre this diet includes. My 2-cent are this: If you with all this fibre eating dont have a good bowlmovement and are constipated and you are bloated, I believe you have a bacteria problem. Read about SIBO on the net.

yours
    Thomas

sbilyk
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I looked up SIBO and don’t think I have that. It says you would be losing weight and generally malnourished, which I am not. I read another post about reflux and wonder if that is the discomfort I am feeling in my upper GI area in addition to the constipation. I have been eating a lot of nuts and seeds for protein and maybe they are the culprit. It’s just so frustrating to have symptoms that you didn’t have prior. Makes me wonder why I am giving up my chocolate and red wine! I also don’t want to keep wasting money on supplements that aren’t working.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

But the symptoms eventually pass 🙂 I swear. It’s worth it, it just takes a while!

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

I was never constipated until I started the diet. I went three times a day now just once. However my Naturapath today said that’s better I’m having one bowel movement because going right after I ate like usual meant absorption issues. I can’t digest seeds at all, plus protein. I also have sibo. Bloating and mild reflux. It’s pretty much gut dysibosis. It’s pretty much the same treatment but will probably take a little longer. I’m on day 80 and I struggle every day still but am feeling better all around except my digestion. So seeds are probably a no no until digestion is better.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Constipation and bloating worse on the diet’ is closed to new replies.