constipation?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions constipation?

This topic contains 9 replies, has 7 voices, and was last updated by  stephglenn 5 years ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

blahh
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

First of all UGH!
    I’ve been suffering from constipation for almost a month now and I’m dying over here.
    Im also confused as to wether I should take laxatives or not? Would that be damaging things further? I am already hooked on magnesium oxide. but sometime that doesn’t work. And I’m so sick of being bloated 100% of the time and all backed up. It is no life to live!
    I know that elimination is super important but I’m scared to mess up my body more than it already is.
    Any Advice? stories? support?
    Is this normal? I was really healthy eating paleo and all of a sudden I added bananas and peanuts into my diet and BAM, candida took over and my digestions just stopped.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Bananas and peanuts benefit the yeast and are not recommended until way after you over fighting it…basically anything that causes constipation should benefit the yeast in general.

I would look at magnesium chloride, acupuncture, supporting the liver, supporting the galbladder, reducing inflammation by taking anti-inflammatory foods, etc. Antifungals also promote digestion. Fiber works quite well; try out rutabega and oat bran, this surely will make you go.

-raster

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

blahh;54758 wrote: First of all UGH!
    I’ve been suffering from constipation for almost a month now and I’m dying over here.
    Im also confused as to wether I should take laxatives or not? Would that be damaging things further? I am already hooked on magnesium oxide. but sometime that doesn’t work. And I’m so sick of being bloated 100% of the time and all backed up. It is no life to live!
    I know that elimination is super important but I’m scared to mess up my body more than it already is.
    Any Advice? stories? support?
    Is this normal? I was really healthy eating paleo and all of a sudden I added bananas and peanuts into my diet and BAM, candida took over and my digestions just stopped.

I am all too familiar with this.

1. Constipation is a result of crippled gut flora, you are essentially missing key species of beneficial flora and/or a candida overgrowth.

2. Magnesium Oxide helps BM’s because it irritates the intestinal lining. Therefor you shouldn’t use this often. Magnesium Citrate(pills) would be a non-irritating alternative, but it may not have the same effect as the oxide.

3. Do NOT use stimulant laxatives (Senna tea/pills, bisacodyl, etc.). These can cause long term damage to the intestines.

For those with long-term chronic constipation I would recommend:

-PED (Polyethylene Glycol) (e.g Miralax) This is a safe long term stool softener and disrupts microbial biofilms

-Home enema kit (Bucket, bag, etc.) do not use store bought. You can also add pro-biotics, nystatin, etc.

-Eat fermented vegetables (Sauerkraut, Kim Chi, etc.) Make these at home as even store bought ferments only have selected strains of bacteria that only survive temporarily in the intestinal tract. Homemade ferments will have many strains that can re-inoculate the intestines.

Constipation is NOT normal but it is common in folks with intestinal dysbiosis.

Good luck!
    -D

InsentientIllness
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 9

I had constipation problems the first few months on the diet, and before. I was hesitant to use senna tea but it was at the point where that was better than to just let the poop rot there. I had to do something so about once a week I drank senna tea, waited for that to work, then did an enema, and fasted for a day or 2 started since I drank the senna. Other things have worked before though. Some for a few days and others for a few weeks.

-Kale. Kale really helped me go and that lasted a few weeks. I ate it raw.
    -Large Carrots. These helped a few days. Also raw.
    -Stopped eating meat. Help a few days maybe a week.
    -Oat Bran. Helped a few days to a week than seemed worse.(I think food rotation is something that would also be helpful)
    -Some fats like coconut oil. Helped a little bit.
    -Kefir. This, I believe, has helped the most and is still helping. I take kefir with a tbsp or 2 of ground flax seed, which is important cause the fiber and nutrition, stirred in along with some walnuts and diced green apple.
    -Cultured veggies are also good.

Now if you get desperate you can do what I did and drink senna tea(didn’t do it more than once or twice a week), do an enema, and fast. I also found that smoking a cigarette after breakfast or dinner helped, I believe it works as a bowel stimulant, but it only worked sometimes.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

My wife tried Soil Based probiotics (Body Biotics, prescript-assist and AOR-3 are some of the brands). She had had C for a long-time quite bad, and now she is going almost daily. It has only been a few weeks so can’t say for certain it will be a long-term solution or not. Also, be careful with sbo’s if you are immunocompromised. I believe sbo’s are in ferments like sauerkraut as well. And that is cheap and easy to make. It is quite powerful too.

-MGL

mygutleaks
    Participant

sbo’s are spore-forming and can apparently take over the gut and cause infection in immunosuppressed ppl.

I took them too, didn’t notice any difference. But no issues with them so far either.

Babette
    Replies: 6

mygutleaks;54840 wrote: sbo’s are spore-forming and can apparently take over the gut and cause infection in immunosuppressed ppl.

I think that’s actually a myth perpetuated by marketers of lactic-acid based probiotics. Take a look at Chris Kresser’s response here:
    https://chriskresserlac-shopify.helpjuice.com/questions/47699-Prescript-Assist-and-*spore-forming-organisms*

mygutleaks
    Participant

oh good, that’s a relief! I like Chris, I listen to his podcast. he is pushing Prescript-Assist soil based probiotic. I tried that and a couple others. But that’ll be my last bottle. Now I will just make homemade sauerkraut, as it contains SBO’s – and i’m sure in a much greater quantity than the pills.

http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-cure-sibo-small-intestinal-bowel_18.html

this is an interesting blog about SBO’s and curing SIBO/SIFO – i’m trying this too and eating a green banana or two daily (as potato starch bothers me). the banana definitely feeds the candida, but i’m not having any negative issues that I can tell. I think because my gut is mostly rebalanced. I’m also eating sweet potatoes per the blog.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

mygutleaks;54853 wrote: oh good, that’s a relief! I like Chris, I listen to his podcast. he is pushing Prescript-Assist soil based probiotic. I tried that and a couple others. But that’ll be my last bottle. Now I will just make homemade sauerkraut, as it contains SBO’s – and i’m sure in a much greater quantity than the pills.

http://drbganimalpharm.blogspot.com/2013/11/how-to-cure-sibo-small-intestinal-bowel_18.html

this is an interesting blog about SBO’s and curing SIBO/SIFO – i’m trying this too and eating a green banana or two daily (as potato starch bothers me). the banana definitely feeds the candida, but i’m not having any negative issues that I can tell. I think because my gut is mostly rebalanced. I’m also eating sweet potatoes per the blog.

Prescript assist is probably superior to most Lactobacillus and Bifido based pro-biotics but its not going to fix damaged gut flora and it’s also far too expensive.

If you can afford it, great.
    Fermented veggies are cheaper, can fill you up, and can re-inoculate the intestines.

I’ve tried 3 months of prescript assist with little benefit, but it does smell unusually delicious like black tea and brownies ??????

stephglenn
    Replies: 6

Something that has helped me TREMENDOUSLY is wheat grass. I take 3 capsules per day and it’s key that I take them at the same time everyday. It’s cheapest on Amazon and I use Sweet Wheat brand. (I am in no way affiliated with the product.)

(Wheat grass doesn’t have gluten. Gluten is present in the seed of the wheat plant only.)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘constipation?’ is closed to new replies.