Constantly clearing throat/coughing, I think I have candia. I want to self treat with meds/diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Constantly clearing throat/coughing, I think I have candia. I want to self treat with meds/diet

This topic contains 1 reply, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)
  • Author

Jmart10
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

im a 30 yr old male

My symptoms
    -persistent athletes/jock itch – years
    -constantly clearing throat, and coughing to clear throat for years (This is the main thing that is driving me crazy)
    -cystic acne – over 15 years
    -I also developed a bad case angular cheilitis last year. It got a lot better with topical application of terbinafine and ketoconazone. I had to stop using them b/c it was really drying the effected area (corners of mouth). I dont think its fully cured yet b/c it still itches a bit from time to time.
    -sinus congestion. In the morning when i wake i have a lot of mucus build up which I have to get rid of when I’m in the shower by blowing my nose (the steam from the shower makes it easier to clear my nose). Also throughout the day i’ll have to blow my a couple of times. Breathing isnt as easy now as when I was a kid

I did the spit in a glass of water test and it was positive. I eat lots of carbs/refined sugar.

I went to the hospital to get tested for Candida but the doctor was basically clueless about how to do that. So she was no help.

I dont want to go to another doctor b/c its really just a waste of time and money (unless someone here can recommend me a doctor that will actually treat my candida; i’m in NYC).

So I think there’s a good chance I have Candida and i want to self treat.

My plan is to self treat with meds and go on a candida diet:
    fluconazole 100 mg for 14 days (from alldaychemist)
    and go on the candida diet at the same time but for a month or so.

I figured after i finish my course i can head to the doctor and tell them i took a course of fluconazole and want to have my liver checked

thoughts?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We aren’t going to diagnose you but angular chilitis is directly related to yeast. The prescription drugs likely won’t be enough to cure all of your health problems.

The spit test is not an accurate diagnostic tool:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

-raster

Viewing 2 posts - 1 through 2 (of 2 total)

The topic ‘Constantly clearing throat/coughing, I think I have candia. I want to self treat with meds/diet’ is closed to new replies.