Constant Skin Rashes/Hives

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Constant Skin Rashes/Hives

This topic contains 9 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  biff 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Author

biff
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 4

Hi there. I’ve had skin rashes for the past 2.5 years that are constant. I am able to “control” it with anti-histamines somewhat, which allows me to at least function. If it wasn’t for those, I’d have gone out of my mind long ago. Basically, my skin has become dry and everything irritates it. By everything, I mean even light touch. My skin can break out at any time in any spot, then in an hour that spot may be clear and then it will break out somewhere else. Looks like hives on my legs and red patches on my chest and sometimes red streaks/trails and other times symmetrical spots on both arms. Often my knuckles are red. Doctor has done nothing, just said take more anti-histamines….wow, all those years of med school for that diagnosis. I’ve tried cutting out sugar, wheat, gluten, fat and while I’ve felt some benefits regarding those changes, it hasn’t changed the skin situation. I’ve also checked my environment for allergens (pets, cleaners, fabrics, molds, foods, etc.) with no luck. I have been to a dermatologist and her tests at least were negative for skin cancer, but no help otherwise. So, I guess my long-winded question is are my symptoms possibly caused by a yeast infection? I am a 47 y/o male and I was under the assumption that yeast infections were something men didn’t get, but my sister suggested I do some research, so here I am. I do experience some of the digestive and fatigue symptoms that I’ve read others describing. Thanks for reading.

londoner1
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 17

Hi – it is a fallacy that men can’t get yeast infections as many on here can attest. I have Candida related dermatitis that improves with strict application of the diet and antifungals. I also get solar urticaria – never a problem before the Candida infestation

When you initially cut out sugar etc do you experience any die off (herxheimer reaction) usually experienced as mild flu like symptoms or headaches? This could be a pointer to a Candida infection. Did you take any large doses of antibiotics shortly before you noticed the symptoms rise. This combined with a high sugar/high simple carb diet is the main culprit in many cases

Don’t expect any support from your doctor -> most of them do not buy into the idea of Candida for people who are not highly immune suppressed e.g. people who have recently undergone a serious operation with immune suppressing drugs. I am fortunate in that my GP has read the studies and is at least willing to entertain the idea that Candida infestations are possible for a whole range of people

A Naturopath may be able to guide you -> but there are quite a few charlatans out there as well so you ideally need a good recommendation

Able or Raster should be able to set you on the right track with the cleanse and diet if you wanted to at least try this approach.

In short, Candida is a potential cause to your issue but not necessarily the only route cause so don’t discount it as something to investigate further

Good luck
    Nick

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Dr. Mcoombs feels that anyone with skin issues is not producing enough HCL (hydrochloric acid). If you supplement your diet with some HCL, you likely will notice an improvement. I personally take a form of it called zypan which also heals the bodies organs…

I would consult a naturopath who can heal you. I would also try out the diet and stick to it for a long time if you notice improvement. Cause and effect right here…if the diet makes the symptoms reduce, then there likely is a reason for this.

You also potentially have chronic inflammation which could be caused by candida as well as parasites or other bacteria.

There are only a few major ways to detox toxins from the body; via the skin, via the bowels, and via the lungs. If your liver or other organ is damaged, then your body is not detoxing via its normal processes but via an alternative process (such as skin).

I would also consider getting tested for allergies; this can be caused by leaky gut which is caused by inflammation and candida.

-raster

biff

Thanks so much for your responses! @ londoner1 – I agree about not expecting much from my doctor. I did have bloodwork that said my white blood cells counts were a bit low and my liver function was low. So they sent me for an ultrasound and a hepatitis test, those were clear and suddenly my liver blood work was normal just a few days later…so basically I just look at the doctor to rule things out, but I don’t expect any diagnosis’ of value.

To answer your question I can’t say that a felt any flu-like symptoms or headaches when I was abstaining from the sugar, but a do periodically feel those anyway.

I agree also that a naturopath is my next step, I just got a recommendation from a friend whom had a great experience with a naturopath that help clear up her digestive tract issues.

@raster – Thanks for the HCL recommendation that seems like it would be worth a try. And I hear what you are saying about that my body may be detoxing through my skin, thank-you for pointing that out. And, yes, I’ve been concerned about inflammation and been trying to take supplements and include food in my diet that is anti-inflammatory. And I do think my issues are coming from my gut because I do feel some consistent discomfort in that area and seem to pass quite a bit of undigested food. I do believe trying this diet is a good idea and certainly is worth a try.

flailingWcandi
    Topics: 13
    Replies: 277

biff wrote: I can’t say that a felt any flu-like symptoms or headaches when I was abstaining from the sugar, but a do periodically feel those anyway.

Would suggest taking your temp when you feel “flu like symptoms” – when I feel that way my body temp can be as low as 97 degrees and I feel like I have the flu. Only recently have I learned about adrenal/thyroids/low body temps. You may need to concentrate on solving adrenal/thyroid issues. Something to consider…….

biff

Hi Flailing, thanks for the response. Actually yes, I have and my temp has been as low as 95.x times although I feel warm. I used a couple different thermometers because I thought it was probably incorrect.

flailingWcandi

I suspected such. In years past, was able to track a 95 and showed a chart to my Dr who wasn’t interested – d’oh. It’s no fluke though. It ties into the endocrine system: Adrenal/thryoid. You might check out this site for more information on hypothyroid.

I suspected as much mainly from your histamine reaction and comment about flu like symptoms. I suspect the histamine reaction is from mycotoxins in the blood and the resulting hyper immune response trying to deal with them. If I get a mosquito bite, they immediately turn into a HUGE red hive like bump: this has been going on for well over a decade. Had the same reaction to a TB skin test, which way back when the dr thought I had intestinal TB from the positive result. Only recently discovered, mycotoxins or rather mycosis will give a false positive to the TB skin test (xrays proved no TB ever in my lungs).

There are other forum members dealing with low basal/body temps who are better qualified to speak on these matters (you might drop javizy or latka a pm). A couple of weeks ago basal was at 97.1 and started using turmeric/ginger to try to fire up the body heat which has resulted in basal going up to 97.7. I’ll take any improvement. I can tell when it’s low as I feel like I have a body flu, red puffy eyes and huge dark bags under them. When it’s above 98.0 I feel so much better and the darkness in the bag disappears and eyes are white again. I also use a lot of ashwagada to help regulate stress response and mood stabilization.

From my understanding this also suggests our metabolism is weak, since the endocrine system is a major metabolism regulator, which allows food to ferment in our guts.

Do you experience rapid and dramatic weight fluctuations?

Anyone with more insight on how to correct adrenal fatigue and hypothyroid, please chime in as I know us two are FAR from the only forum members dealing with low body temps,etc…..Someone suggested I see an endocrinologist which I can’t really afford.

At least you and me know we aren’t alone but, low body temps are just as horrible if not worse than fevers for me….I just feel awful which prohibits being able to function enough to handle any protocol.

Blessings…

biff

Thanks flailing for the informative response. Sorry you are dealing with that.

I had a “physical” in July with my doc, she couldn’t care less about the body temp and frankly other than the bloodwork I was sent to get, it was a waste of time. But the bloodwork did say my thyroid was OK (whatever that means), but I don’t know how extensive that test is because trying to educate myself about my symptoms I’ve come accross some stuff that points in that direction.

I live in the NE and was just mowing my lawn for 2 hours straight and it’s hot, my skin felt hot so I took my temp and it was 96. My skin always feels itchy and cold to the touch, unless of course I’ve been sweating. When it’s cold I often feel like I have the chills, which is not something I experienced earlier in life, regardless of how could it was.

I have not experienced any rapid weight fluctuations although when I gave up the sugar and wheat I figured I might drop a few lbs as a side benefit, but I didn’t. I do also have the red puffy eyes with the dark bags.

I do think I will keep a chart of my body temp since maybe that can enlighten something.

Good luck to you,

flailingWcandi

biff wrote:
    I had a “physical” in July with my doc, she couldn’t care less about the body temp and frankly other than the bloodwork I was sent to get, it was a waste of time. But the bloodwork did say my thyroid was OK (whatever that means), but I don’t know how extensive that test is because trying to educate myself about my symptoms I’ve come accross some stuff that points in that direction.

Yeah, I’m sorry all of us are suffering with this enigma. We should keep each other in our prayers. There’s plenty of reason to think adrenal/thyroid are key components to addressing candida.

Sadly, had the same reaction when I showed a body temp chart to my doc years ago: waved it off like it meant nothing so, thought nothing of it till recently. Others here have helped me understand what it means – adrenal/thyroid issues which I would never have come up with on my own: sharing forward.

From my limited understanding, having TSH, T3 and T4 levels checked sheds the most light on whether there is reason for concern. undertanding thyroid tests There are other forum members who are more qualified to discuss this issue as I know little other than the symptoms we both share. They say it is common to just check one, rather than all three which could be why your tests came back as they did.

Here are a couple of pertinent cut/pastes to the forums topic candida/digestion.

The adrenal glands produce hormones in a complex symphony that is orchestrated by two structures in the brain called the hypothalamus and the pituitary gland.

These glands control many functions from anti-inflammatory (ridding the body of pain and swelling) and immune system protection to balancing fluid and salt levels and controlling minerals (such as potassium), rapid heart rate, regulating blood pressure, and sleep and awake cycles.

These glands counter stress by the production of several hormones. The adrenals don’t know the difference between physical and mental stress, they treat both with the same stress hormones. Every type of stress influences these glands – injury, infection, divorce, finances, job-related stress, irritable peoples, drugs and medications, surgery, pain, illness, poison ivy, extreme cold or heat, giving birth, menstrual cycle., staring into computer monitors, eating junk foods, starvation diets etc. etc. etc.

When stress and poor nutrition lead to altered hormone levels, imbalance in endocrine function can lead to substantial fatigue. When you experience stress of any kind, the adrenals start pumping adrenaline and other hormones. These hormones get the blood flowing to the heart and muscles and at the same time pull the blood away from your digestion. They also stimulate the nervous system to speed up the heart rate. They prepare your body for stress.

There’s a whole list of potential symptoms near the bottom of this page.

I live in the NE and was just mowing my lawn for 2 hours straight and it’s hot, my skin felt hot so I took my temp and it was 96. My skin always feels itchy and cold to the touch, unless of course I’ve been sweating. When it’s cold I often feel like I have the chills, which is not something I experienced earlier in life, regardless of how could it was.

Like you, I only take temp when I feel cold/chills, typically when encountering night sweats which I have suffered for well over a decade. I am extremely sensitive to cold weather, which is another indicator of adrenal fatigue/hypothyroid. It’s literally painful. I feel better in warm dry weather but, it’s summer here in CA and I still feel cold mostly.

I have not experienced any rapid weight fluctuations although when I gave up the sugar and wheat I figured I might drop a few lbs as a side benefit, but I didn’t. I do also have the red puffy eyes with the dark bags.

Since they help regulate so much with digestion/blood sugar etc, I lost a lot of weight on a restricted diet which probably only further stressed these intricate systems. Once I slipped with more carbs/sugars they just ballooned on the weight. Though, it’s rather stable presently with a more consistent diet.

If you look at the above symptom list, red puffy eyes and dark bags are further indicators which I don’t wish on anyone. Glad you have experienced them. Think everyone’s state of health and body is different but, AF/HT seems more common than not with candida.

Good luck to you,

Good luck to you and us all…..blessings.

biff

Thanks again that’s a lot of great info. Clearly from your post I see that stress is a huge factor in adrenal function, which makes logical sense, too. I should add to my “story” that when this started 2.5 years ago (or I should say, when I began noticing the changes in my skin) I was under a tremendous amount of stress. My partner, whom I had lived with for the prior 10 years was dying of cancer, my financial situation was tense and I had to deal with some legal situations regarding people related to my partner that were particularly viscous. I weathered those storms as best as possible and my partner was able to pass peacefully and lovingly as she/we desired, but the legal affairs are only now coming to a close. I have been able to rectify my financial situation, so I have cut down significantly on the outside stress factors. I knew at the time those situations were taking a toll on my health, but I had to do what I had to do and be grateful things were as good as they were considering.

Let me ask you this, what do you do to support your adrenals and thyroid? Take particular supplements and/or diet…

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Constant Skin Rashes/Hives’ is closed to new replies.