Congee Soup for Candida Cleansing

Home The Candida Forum Foods & Recipe Ideas Breakfast Congee Soup for Candida Cleansing

This topic contains 0 replies, has 1 voice, and was last updated by  Kris8 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)
  • Author

Kris8
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 15

This is my ultimate cleansing Congee recipe. It’s great for constipation and for clearing gas and bloating. I’ve been having this a few times a week and it works great. I take an oriental medicine approach to my healing. I’ve been studying it for 5 years and know a lot about food.

Makes 2 servings

1/4 cup whole Millet
    1/4 cup Amaranth
    1 carrot chopped
    5 Whole black peppercorns
    1 stick of celery chopped
    2 chunks of ginger
    2 3/4 cups of water
    handful of Romaine lettuce

Healing properties
    Millet: Antifungal, diuretic, alkalizing, aids indigestion
    Amaranth: Dries damp conditions in the body, high in protein, beneficial to the lungs
    Carrots: aid digestion, eliminate flatulence
    Ginger: antiseptic, warming, relaxes stomach muscles, aids indigestion, helpful for diarrhea
    Black pepper: Expells gas and helps with pain in the bowels
    Celery: drying, salty, calms the liver and improves digestion.

A crockpot is the preferred method but it can be done on the stove top on low setting.

Lightly oil the mini crockpot and put everything in except the lettuce. Let it cook on low overnight. If you want to cook on the stovetop you can do it in a small pan and cook on low temp during the day for at least 4 hours. In the morning or at the end of cooking time take out the ginger chunks and add a couple handfuls of Romaine lettuce (drying). Puree everything. It tastes good !! Nice and spicy! I like to top mine with cinnamon and sometimes I use stevia and 1 TBSP of hemp protein. You can also add some cloves during the cooking which are good for the liver and gallbladder.

Kris

Viewing 1 post (of 1 total)

The topic ‘Congee Soup for Candida Cleansing’ is closed to new replies.