Confusion about flax

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confusion about flax

This topic contains 4 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  judu0828 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

judu0828
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

Hi, I’m a little confused about flax seed and hoping someone can help. In the “foods to eat” section, flax is mentioned, but says it goes bad quickly and should be ground immediately before use BUT there is also ground flax seed meal in the Fiber-3 that is recommended. How is that ground flax product in that supplement ok if they are saying that it goes bad quickly? Thanks!!!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

If you keep it in the fridge or freezer it’ll last longer. Flax is a borderline item on the forum but should bring more benefit than detriment.

The website promotes foods you should not eat on the diet such as tomatoes, beef, and rice. These items can set you back significantly from my experience. We developed a strict forum diet that eliminates these items.

Plan on a 6-18 month recovery to get over candida overgrowth.

-raster

judu0828

thanks so much. do you agree with the fiber-3? i’m a vegetarian, so meats aren’t an issue. are raw organic tomatoes ok in stage 3 or not at all? any type of rice ok, or no rice at all? thanks again!

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

What else is in the fiber 3 product? I would take flax by itself…

Rice is ok occasionally about once a week or so. I wouldn’t rely on it as a main staple of the diet.

I wouldn’t worry about stage 3 because it’ll be a long ways away.

We follow different stages on the forum as well:

stage 0: cleanse
    stage 1: long term diet
    stage 2: for when you are basically symptom free and can handle more sugar, starches, molds
    stage 3: basically a healthy non-candida diet

-raste

judu0828

i’m not concerned about the rest of the Fiber-3 ingredients – you can see the contents if you got to it in the Candida Store. My main concern is mold and other things that feed the yeast. my candida issue now is not a serious overgrowth – my numbers were barely out of the “normal” range and my doc thinks it may have been from a past issue (my symptoms are more from adrenal fatigue, which i know is related). however, i do have a mold and yeast allergy and was concerned about flax and nuts having mold on them or going bad. my diet is pretty clean and free of candida “feeders” but i’m zeroing in on some things that i didn’t know about previously, hence, circling back to my question about flax. i appreciate your input 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Confusion about flax’ is closed to new replies.