Confused Candida

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confused Candida

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

confusedcandida
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hello everyone,

Very new to this so here we go 🙂 I’m an active, fairly healthy (so I thought) 27 year old female and have recently went on a detox weekend with a friend which is where I have been told I am suffering from Candida.

I originally went just to flush everything out but after a few tests the health professional took me to one side and started asking about my general health and said I need to be treated for Candida. Since being about 11 I have had thrush anything up to 4 times a year, sometimes go to the bathroom a lot, other times not being able to go for up to 12 days (extremely painful) get bad headaches and get very tired resulting in me craving one particular sugary drink – cola to give me an energy boost when I need one.

Despite this I exercise around 4-5 times a week and eat a lot healthier than most of my friends. I do not drink alcohol, have never smoked and gave up bread and pasta earlier in the year as I found I had extreme stomach bloating and cramps whenever I eat it. Aside from a few cans of cola a week I don’t eat much chocolate or have takeaways on a regular basis so am just really confused as to why I have this! I honestly thought how have I got this when I read others symptoms online which all sound really awful.

I was told to spit in a glass first thing in the morning to check how bad / or if there is Candida is there and what I’ve seen is shocking so I know something isn’t right.

I just wondered if there is anyone on the forum that can give me some advice, how long will it take to clear, does anyone know of a way of testing how bad each persons Candida is or what to do?!

I’ve just done a 3 day detox cleanse by chance so good way to starve the Candida I’ve read, I’ve cut all wheat foods previously in the year and been eating only chicken, fish and veg for lunch / dinner and porridge for breakfast. I’ve been taking 1 tsp of virgin coconut oil each morning along with probiotics, yeast raider tablets, multi vitamins and acidophilos.

Is there anything else I can do? Any help, advice anything would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks!
    Candida Confused xxxx

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Well the spit test should not be used for diagnosis:
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o6iryzPoBow

If you want to find the cause…have you ever taken antibiotics or acne medication or birth control?

You could consult a naturopath and develop a good plan to get better. You could also take different supplements such as better probiotics, better antifungals, and stuff the repairs your gut and liver. There’s a whole alternative health industry created to treat people with health problems with brands such as genestra/seroyal, thorne, standard process, pure encapsulations, integrative therapeutics, etc.

-raster

confusedcandida
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

Hi Raster,

I’ve taken Microgynon (birth control) for about 10 years now :s this could be the reason as to why. If I stop taking it will that, good diet and the probiotics etc will that clear it? Also, does it sound like I have Candida to you? or have I been misdiagnosed because it was only a spit test.

Thank you so much –
    Candida Confused x

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

confusedcandida;60152 wrote: Hi Raster,

I’ve taken Microgynon (birth control) for about 10 years now :s this could be the reason as to why. If I stop taking it will that, good diet and the probiotics etc will that clear it? Also, does it sound like I have Candida to you? or have I been misdiagnosed because it was only a spit test.

Thank you so much –
    Candida Confused x

Well I would try to get positive diagnosis before embarking on this journey because it could be a long term battle and an expensive one. I’ve been doing the diet for 3+ years myself after getting toxin mold poisoning from my apartment and have more or less gotten as far as I can get in the last year or so.

For diagnosis, I would look into the candia5 test which is pretty cheap.

To get better, I would consider consulting a naturopath who can help heal you holistically (many organs all at once). You likely need to address your thyroid, adrenal, liver, and gut health all at same time. This is what worked for me. Also a good ND can create a treatment plan that is tailored to your symptoms.

Here’s a post on the different alternative treatments that are most common and my opinions on them:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm52184_Alternative-methods-to-get-better-if-you-reach-a-dead-end-in-your-treatmen-raster-s-perspective.aspx#post52184

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Confused Candida’ is closed to new replies.