Confused! Butter or no butter?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confused! Butter or no butter?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Ffilc64 11 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

Ffilc64
    Participant
    Topics: 4
    Replies: 4

Hi there. I’ve just had some homemade coconut bread with butter and the other day chicken with garlic butter which my husband made for me. It states in the ‘yes’ list, butter is OK. I double checked in the forum and people have said it’s not OK? Is butter allowed on the diet? If not, why is it on the yes list? Have I messed up my diet 2nd week in by having butter?
    Thank you

Wiley200
    Participant
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 386

I follow the website list, personally. Some people decide to go stricter, which is fine, but it does really limit your choices. In my opinion, there’s no problem with eating a little butter.

Ffilc64
    Participant

Thank you. That puts my mind at rest. It’s a difficult diet to Stick to and because it’s so tough, I don’t want to do anything that will extend recovery time. I had stool sample test come back saying I had candida overgrowth and another parasite. Is it possible to get rid of this for good by following Lisa’s regime, then be able to eat a relatively normal diet?

NickyDelivers
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 25

Step 1 DIET (Follow Raster’s list)
    Butter , use it sparingly. it wont overly feed it, but it’s not the best thing to have.
    Step 2 Stay on diet and re-test to make sure it’s all gone
    Step 3 Re Test again (while in stage 3)
    Step 4 – Look into fecal transplant / probiotic transplant

if you dont properly repopulate your gut with the good bacteria, candida WILL come back. it came back after my following the diet, this time, it dies for good with the transplant.

Ted Talks : FMT

1 user thanked author for this post.

flowersbloom
    Participant
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 1

I thought butter was allowed in the circumstance of it being olive oil and not ect.. thats like if your following strictly. Just see what your body reacts to or not

1 user thanked author for this post.

Ffilc64
    Participant

Thank you all for your advice. Raster, I’ve never heard of a fecal transplant til now. It sounds interesting. How did you go about having it done?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.