Confused about Rice and GI ?? Please help!

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confused about Rice and GI ?? Please help!

This topic contains 2 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  Ivy 8 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

Ivy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Hiya =)
    So i’m a little confused about wether in phase 1 or in any phase you are allowed white rice such as basmati. From what i can understand we are allowed non-glutinous grains which white rice is gluten free? However everyone is talking about only having brown rice and wild rice.
    From my knowledge of nutrition – brown rice is actually higher GI than Basmatti rice (even though it has more fibre than basmatti) so it releases sugar into the bloodstream even faster than the basmatti rice. In this case is basmatti rice better or should we still stick to brown rice.
    Thanks again

helmax
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 20

Hello, Ivy.

I can’t imagine white rice being on any Candida diet, I wouldn’t touch it with a 30 foot pole, not a chance. White rice is starch and metabolically speaking, equivalent to potatoes, white bread, pasta, flour and even sugar. In other words, a holiday feast for Candida. Please don’t eat this if you have Candida.

As far as rice goes, most experts say that you can have brown rice on the Candida diet, however, brown rice is also a starch. It’s just simple white rice with the bran still intact, and therefore contains much more fiber than regular white rice. But I still avoid it because I want to get rid of this stuff, and I don’t plan on it taking me 20 years to ‘get it right’. Taking no chances here.

Good luck, Max

Ivy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 5

Max… your a champion! Thank you so much for clarifying. I had a little white rice last night and didn’t feel great but wasn’t sure. I now know to stay completely away from it. I’ve only been doing the candida diet for 5days so i’m still trying to figure out everything. I’ve been told to stay on the diet for the next 6months to indefinately so thats what im going to aim to do.
    Thank you again =)

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Confused about Rice and GI ?? Please help!’ is closed to new replies.