Confused about my progress. Please help.

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confused about my progress. Please help.

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Hey, So I’ve been doing good overall I guess as far as killing the candida in my system but it hasn’t gone exactly as the protocol suggests. To recap my progress, I went on the suggested cleanse for 5 days, had a severe reaction to a food not on the allowed list on that fifth night, and started the diet the next day. During the diet I continued to drink lemon water and followed it very strictly for the most part. The only mistakes I made were having scrambled eggs made with milk at a restaurant the second day, and I couldn’t even tell if I had a reaction, but yesterday was one of my animal protein days and I went to a chinese place and had raw octopus and breaded chicken and scallops which I seperated the breading from. I had a tiny amount of ginger too because I heard it’s anti-fungal even though it’s sweet. I’ve been on the diet for 8 days total. For day 3, 4, 5, and 6 I took apple cider vinegar because it’s cheaper than fresh lemons and I thought I might be ready, but it made me extremely weak and tired and I definitely overdid it the first couple of days (took about 6 teaspoons, once straight, once diluted), but even when I decreased the dosage to 2 or 3 teaspoons it was still too much for me… But I’m guessing I got a pretty good amount of die off in those hellish days. What I’m getting at is that I have no idea where I should consider myself to be in the protocol guide lines, and I need some suggestions as to when I should start taking my coconut oil and when “week 2” foods should be introduced to my situation. Also I’m wondering when and if I should be using apple cider vinegar, because it just made me feel like I was going to die at work. I should also mention I’m on all the supplements from the cleanse besides bitters, and I’ve added vitamin c, magnesium, zinc, and calcium. I will be adding vitamin a+d in the next couple of days. Please let me know what I should do because the situation is confusing and I’m not good enough at reading my body at this point to make an informed decision. Thanks.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I am confused about what you are confused about!

It sounds like the ACV is causing die-off symptoms, correct? Well, if you reduce or stop using it…the die-off symptoms should lessen (if thats what you want to do).

Are you using raw (undistilled) organic apple cider vinegar or regular distilled apple cider vinegar? There is a huge difference…regular distilled vinegar isn’t helpful as far as I know (with my limited knowledge).

I wouldn’t worry about the small amount of milk you had in the eggs or any bits of bread you ingested while out to chinese food (the main thing to worry about with chinese is MSG and all of the salt they use in everything!). Morton’s table salt converts to sugar (FYI). If you use morton’s table salt, switch to any kind of natural sea salt because this won’t be able to feed the candida.

How’d you feel after chinese in general?

You can start adding any foods from the allowed foods list whenever you want, just don’t eat the phase 2 items yet. One of the biggest things people cheat on includes: rice milk (sugar), almond butter (mold), rice (starch), fruit (sugar) and these all feed the candida and should be saved for phase 2.

I haven’t heard from many people who used ACV during their treatment but if you don’t like the symptoms it gives you, consider switching to a natural antifungal instead. These include grapefruit seed extract, oregano oil, or SF722 undecenoic acid to name a few.

Sounds like you survived your first week and just continue on and follow the protocol!

-Raster

xday2dazex
    Topics: 81
    Replies: 108

Oh wow. I didn’t even know acv was an antifungal (mine is raw), I just thought it was an alternative to detoxing with lemons. I guess I just used it too early and aggressively. I felt just a little bit spaced out after the chinese, not even close to the milk from the eggs. I’m going to take a few days with reduced/no acv and then start with coconut oil. Thanks for the tip on salt, I’ll start using sea salt only. I’m just wondering what I’m going to do when it comes to these flours. I’m going to make coconut bread and try the buckwheat hot cereal, but I’d like to eventually try millet, teff, and bran flours… what can I do with them? I’ve always been a microwave/grab and go type of guy, so it’s tough lol.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

We just use the flours to make the breads and eat the breads in large amounts (for me I use it as a side dish 2/3 meals per day). I eat the pumpkin pie muffin bread for breakfast.

I cook regular raw buckwheat for dinner and alternate with black/red rice (phase 2 item).

-Raster

Lucylu
    Topics: 31
    Replies: 345

ACV – I’ve used this from early on and it definitely caused the biggest die off at first. I tried just swigging it straight first and it nearly blew my head off! Also I felt immediately light headed & woozey and thought I was going to be sick. So I started using it just 2 teaspoons in a pint of water once a day and built up as I got used to it. I now take 2 dessert spoons in a pint twice a day and it’s fine… I actually feel quite refreshed after it! And if I’m feeling very brave I take a swig from the bottle!!

Chinese – I’ve been effected by the MSG for a few years now and feel quite light headed after eating it. Also heat palpitations & sweats… that can’t be good! Needless to say it I’m avoiding it now!

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Lucylu wrote: Chinese – I’ve been effected by the MSG for a few years now and feel quite light headed after eating it. Also heat palpitations & sweats… that can’t be good! Needless to say it I’m avoiding it now!

You’d probably be pretty shocked if you read about glutamate and what happens when a surplus develops in the brain. You wouldn’t be at all surprised about your reactions to MSG though. It seems so straightforwardly toxic, yet it’s still legal along with crap like aspartame. Politics & money > brain cells.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Confused about my progress. Please help.’ is closed to new replies.