Confused about kefir milk

Home The Candida Forum Candida Advice Confused about kefir milk

This topic contains 4 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Beat Candida 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

I’m still not sure how to make home made kefir milk.
    According to this post, you have to culture the kefir grains in already existing milk. The first milk that is allowed (coconut milk) should be drunk one month after the start of the cleanse/diet, while kefir should be taken two weeks after the start?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

You can make kefir with cow/goat/sheep milk, or coconut milk. I started drinking coconut milk kefir before I started consuming straight coconut milk. If you use animal milk, you’ll only consume it in kefir form, since animal milk contains a lot of sugar before it’s cultured.

TheChosenOne
    Participant
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 410

shayfo;46613 wrote: You can make kefir with cow/goat/sheep milk, or coconut milk. I started drinking coconut milk kefir before I started consuming straight coconut milk. If you use animal milk, you’ll only consume it in kefir form, since animal milk contains a lot of sugar before it’s cultured.

So, kefir cultivated animal milk contains less sugar than the milk itself? Interesting…

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Kefir grains live on sugar, so they eat the sugar in the milk.

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

I am also extremely confused about Kefir. Some people say that it is great but other say that it feeds Candida because of the Sugar content.
    I am always tempted to buy it whenever I go the the health store but then chicken out. I have spent way too much money on stuff only to find out that later that i cannot consume them.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Confused about kefir milk’ is closed to new replies.