Confused about diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Confused about diet

This topic contains 7 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 6 years, 5 months ago.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author

narla21
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

Hi everyone

I’m new to posting but I’ve visited this site alot over the past few months..decided to sign up because I have a few questions. Hope someone will be able to help me out =].

Basically, I had an operation in December 2011 and they gave me antibiotics to take afterwards..ever since then I’ve been bothered by ‘thrush’ – been to the Dr loads of times and all they prescribe is Canesten which doesn’t work. Now my GP is just like ‘lots of women have recurrent thrush, keep trying the Canesten’.

My questions are:

1) If I follow the diet, will the Canesten start to work?
    2) Will the diet have any effect if I don’t use probiotics and antifungals?
    3) I’m on medication – Xyrem (sodium oxybate) and ritalin – will I still be able to take these?

Thanks for taking the time to read this =].

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

To answer your questions:

1) I don’t believe anyone will be able to answer this question for you on the internet, everyone is different so treat this as a trial and error thing. Most people get prescribed nystatin and flucanozole (might be mispell) and these work at varying degrees of success.

2) I personally believe that no one will find a cure without taking probiotics. You need to introduce new gut flora in order to change the environment of the gut. Simply taking a medication isn’t going to do this either…

3) I have no idea whether you should take a specific medication or not and no one on the internet is qualified to answer this question for you. I personally think all western medication is bad and doesn’t heal anyone, it only treats the symptoms. I take a sleeping medication which works great, but I know its bad for my body and general health.

-raster

narla21

Thanks for replying :).

I guess I could ask my GP to prescribe what you mentioned.

I asked the 3rd question because the Xyrem is really salty and I was wondering if that would reverse any effect that a probiotic would have. *shrugs*

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

i think u should do the diet with antifungals and add probiotics in later

narla21

hope4eva77;32052 wrote: i think u should do the diet with antifungals and add probiotics in later

I don’t even know what to buy etc..the more I look at info online, the more confused I’m becoming.

Do I buy everything that’s suggested on the main website, or just a few?

Don’t want to be ‘spoon-fed’ just need anyone who knows what works to suggest some sort of starting point. =/

titan
    Participant
    Topics: 51
    Replies: 131

Look at the “useful links” post…its the first one on the first page of the general discussion forum. The forum has a stricter diet you can follow if you are disciplined enough and want faster results. Instructions on how to get a copy are located in the “allowed foods list” post under the useful links.

The first thing to buy is Molybdenum. I would get 2 bottles, $5.99 each, on amazon by Health Yourself, because they are 250 mg and chelated. You need to take this for at least 3 days before you start the cleanse (optional) or the diet.

Once you get the Moly, then you can make a grocery list of foods, find an organic grocery store and familiarize yourself with it, and start slow. Don’t worry, it’s hard at first, but you’ll get the hang of it.

~titan

narla21

Thanks for your reply.

Will have a look on Amazon and get the Molybdenum. =]

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

1) If I follow the diet, will the Canesten start to work?

Reply: If I’m not mistaken, I think Canesten is simply a cream, if this is true, you cannot cure a Candida overgrowth with a cream, it must be treated from inside the body, and there is no diet which can cure a Candida overgrowth as it takes an entire treatment of diet and supplements.

2) Will the diet have any effect if I don’t use probiotics and antifungals?

Reply: If you fail to reestablish the flora in your intestines you’ll never be able to cure the infestation, however, you could probably get by without antifungals although it would take much, much longer to reach the zero symptoms stage.

3) I’m on medication – Xyrem (sodium oxybate) and ritalin – will I still be able to take these?

Reply: Normally, we do not advise against any needed prescription medications.

If you’d like to have a link to the diet that most of the forum members are using, just let me know; this also includes a protocol to follow which includes supplements. You can send a private message if you want to here on the forum.

Able

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Confused about diet’ is closed to new replies.