Confused

This topic contains 14 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Author

Lauren
    Topics: 44
    Replies: 267

I am confused with what to do for the cleanse, the different stages, and the diets. Because I think I am doing everything right but I dont feel a whole lot better. First I will explain what I have done already. I found out I had a candida infection by getting a Comprehension Stool Analysis after watching a PBS program for Brenda Watson. I have many microscopic yeast that showed up. I am not surprise since I have been having horrible problems for many years now. I actually was surprise that I had not parasite because many of my symptoms are like a parasite problem. Though I know parasites are hard to find. I have had muscle pain, joint pain, muscle twitching, rashes, itchy skin, sinus pain, teeth pain, intestinal pain, dark circle under my eyes, along with MANY other symptoms. The pain actually started in my toe and moved slowly up my body. Has anyone else had this type of pain slowly move through the body? I just want to get better. I really don’t care how hard it will be.

As soon as I found out I had a problem I started a Candida diet where I was only eating vegetables (no starchy ones, a lot of green leafy ones) and chicken and eggs. Only the stuff listed under stage one. I have now been on stage 1 diet for 3 months along with taking the cleanse. Though I am not getting that much better. The process is taking forever. I recently added coconut flour to my diet because I was losing too much weight. I am thin to begin with and I was looking sickly. I am just wondering if the cleanse drinks on this website will be better for me than Brenda Cleanse. I love Brenda Cleanse because it is gentle on my stomach and I don’t want to irritate my intestine.

Albe I heard that you got yourself better in 2 months and I really am hoping that I can get better that fast. The only thing I wondering is maybe there is something else going on in my body that is making it harder to heal. Right now my doctor is getting another CSA test done, a heavy metal test done, and checking for one other infectious disease that they have not check yet.

Lauren

The only thing that seems to be different is that I have been eating black berries and blueberries because that was what my original diet print out said I could. This was after 2 weeks of not having any fruit that I could add blueberries and blackberries back in. It also said I could have granny smith apples but Brenda Watson suggested that I stay away from them because how bad my infestation was. She said granny smith have more sugar.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

Shouldn’t all fruit be limited to stage 3?

Lauren

Yes Ashlay that is the only thing different between my diet and the diet posted here. I am wondering if this is not letting me get better faster. On the diet I was following you could have a few blueberries and blackberries. I don’t think that is how this diet works. I am also confused on when you move from different stages one this diet. Thanks for responding 🙂

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

I’m not sure about blackberries, but blueberries are about 10% sugar. You should google the nutritional info. Raspberries have over 50% less sugar and much more fibre. They taste better too, but I’ll save them for stage 2 and beyond.

Ashlay
    Topics: 12
    Replies: 57

May be worth cutting them out for awhile to see what happens?

I’ve only just started, but from what I gather you change stages when you feel your healing and symptom free. The transition though should be a trial basis, trying each new food once at a time and gauging any reaction

Ash

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Please explain what you are eating for your diet. What supplements/vitamins are you taking?

How much rest/sleep are you getting every night? How much physical activity are you getting everyday?

Did you experience any die-off after starting the diet?

-Raster

Lauren

Thanks for all the Reply’s.

Raster my diet has eggs, vegetables (the ones found in the eat section on stage one), chicken, occasional turkey, coconut bread. A few blackberries.
    Here is an example of my day and what I eat and supplements I take. Will be adding that moly- something supplement once it comes in to my health food store.

-Wake up
    -Take two 50 billion Renew Life proibiotics. Wait half hour.
    -After half an hour take Renew Life Candi Gone Cleanse(which has Uva Ursi Leaf 300mg, Garlic blub 150 mg, Caprylic Acid 75mg, Grapefruit Extract seed 75 mg, Pau D Arco Extract 75 mg, Undecylenic acid 50 mg, Barberry Extract root 50mg, Neem Extract leaf 50 mg, olive leaf 50mg, Berberine Sulphate 25 mg. Oregano leaf 39.6mg, Orange peel 33mg, Oregon Grape root 22mg, Pau D arco root bark 33mg, Cinnamon bark 20 mg, clove bud 20 mg, peppermint leaf 20mg.)
    -During this time I have bad dying off reaction. Wait a hour before eating.
    -Eat breakfast: usually two eggs. Slice of coconut bread and like five blackberries.
    -Lunch: Usually have a salad and half a cucumber. Chicken breast. If still hunger I have a slice of coconut bread. Take 4000 IU vitamin D because I am deficient. B 12 – 1000mg (because I was deficient I might stop taking this), Vitamin C 500mg, Milk thistle Extract 200 mg. Renew life Heartburn prevention digestive enzyme.
    – In between lunch and dinner when my stomach is empty I take Renew life Candi Zyme ( which has protease, cellulase, Hernicellulase, Lysoztme, amylase, Invertase, Lactase, Malt Diastase Lispase, and Glucoamylase. These supplements break down the walls of the candida.) I have a bad dieing off reaction from this.
    – For dinner I have mixed vegs, like bell peppers, broccoli, green beans, asparagus. I try to change it up. Also I have salad (Roman or spinach) and Chicken.
    – I take with dinner Renew Life Fiber smart(dietary fiber, soluble fiber, insoluble fiber, protein). Renew life Critical Omega, New Chapter Organics Every Woman’s One Daily MultiVitamin.
    – If I am hunger after dinner I may have plain almonds or kale chips or celery stick or another slice of coconut bread.
    – Before bed I take Renew Life Candi Gone Cleanse again on a empty stomach. This is the worse time for my die off symptoms.

All my supplements are from brands that are certified yeast, gluten, wheat, soy, corn, sugar, salt, dairy, binder or artificial ingredients free, expect for the milk thistle which I only know for sure that is it gluten free)

– I get 9 hours of sleep sometime 8. I have not been exercising because I have lost a lot of weight already. I now only weigh 114 pounds. I like it to stay that way. I don’t want to lose too much more. I obliviously get exercise though my daily life. I drink a lot of water through out the day. Sometimes I do contrast showers. Sometimes I do oil pulling.

– My die off symptoms are ear aches, head aches, muscle twitching through out body, exhaustion, irritability, joint pain, sometimes stomach pain, sinus draining. These usually happen after I take the cleanse or the Candi Zyme.
    – I do have dieing off symptoms. I guess I am just frustrated that I don’t feel a whole lot better yet. It might be because of how sever my infection is.

raster
    Participant

Sounds like things are progressing pretty good. Your diet sounds pretty well rounded and contains no bad food items (other than 5 blackberries, which is not much). I eat about 15 blueberries everyday in my yogurt.

You do not have to do the cleanse from the protocol if you don’t want to; it sounds like you’ve started the diet. This is completely OK.

Here is the protocol if you haven’t seen it already:
    http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postsm9398_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx#post9398

It can take as long as 6-18 months to fully recover from a candida overgrowth problem and the first few weeks to few months are typically the worse. If you want to reduce die-off symptoms, we recommend molybdenum which will protect your liver and organs or doing a hot tub, sauna, steam room, or even hot bath to sweat out the toxins via the skin.

When the renew life candi gone is out, I recommend switching to some natural antifungals such as oregano oil, grapefruit seed oil, SF722 undecenoic acid, or caprylic acid. These will also kill off the candida more and are just as effective as the renew life candi gone.

You might also want to reduce the probiotics to one pill per day and then increase to 2 pills after a few weeks. It can cause a lot of die-off and the more definitely doesn’t mean the better. Eventually, in a month or two, switch probiotics to a higher quality brand. This one is OK to start out with.

Adding greek yogurt or kefir to your diet will introduce additional probiotics to your gut but don’t start out with these items for another month if possible.

All sounds OK and keep it up!

-Raster

Lauren

raster wrote:

When the renew life candi gone is out, I recommend switching to some natural antifungals such as oregano oil, grapefruit seed oil, SF722 undecenoic acid, or caprylic acid. These will also kill off the candida more and are just as effective as the renew life candi gone.

You might also want to reduce the probiotics to one pill per day and then increase to 2 pills after a few weeks. It can cause a lot of die-off and the more definitely doesn’t mean the better. Eventually, in a month or two, switch probiotics to a higher quality brand. This one is OK to start out with.

Adding greek yogurt or kefir to your diet will introduce additional probiotics to your gut but don’t start out with these items for another month if possible.

Raster thanks for the advice. I have some questions though. The candi gone cleanse has those natural antifungals you mentioned. Are you saying that those antifungals separately will be better then the candi gone cleanse? Why is is better for my body? What is the difference? And how much should I take?

What type of probiotics is a better brand? Renew life has been the best I have found so far. Which brand do you use?

I cant add kefir in my diet because I have a food sensitivity to yogurt. 🙂

Thanks for your response!!!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Lauren;

You really shouldn’t be taking the Candi-Clear just a half hour after taking the probiotic. Right off hand I can see several of the herbs in the Candi-Clear which contain antibacterial properties, namely Oregon grape root, cinnamon bark, Pau D Arco, and oregano leaf. This means that all of these herbs can kill the bacteria in the probiotic. I’d would take these at least four hours apart from the probiotic.

Have you read our protocol? There’s another supplement you’re taking which is likely doing more harm than good. Most people take this sort of supplement for six months and longer and then start wondering what’s wrong with their protocol. Cellulase and hemicellulase are enzymes which are both in the Candi Zyme. Ingesting both cellulase and hemicellulase add to the amount of sugar that’s available for the Candida if you also digest fibers such as vegetable fibers needed by the beneficial flora that hopefully you’re trying to rebuild.

Quote: My die off symptoms are ear aches, headaches, muscle twitching throughout body, exhaustion, irritability, joint pain, sometimes stomach pain, sinus draining.

Reply: Molybdenum in the form of amino acid chelate can help tremendously with die-off toxins.

Quote: I guess I am just frustrated that I don’t feel a whole lot better yet. It might be because of how sever my infection is.

Reply: Or it could be the substances you’re taking that work against a cure.

Able

Lauren

Able thanks for the reply!!! I really appreciate it!

I read the protocol. Amazing work, both of you! Would you suggest then switching from the cleanse I am on now to the other supplements outlined there? I feel like my body is killing the candida (because of the dye off effects). But if the protocol is better I rather do that.

I will take my probotics at a different time in the day and I will look into changing my probotics to the ones outlined in the protocol when I am out of these ones.

Able900 wrote: Lauren;
    There’s another supplement you’re taking which is likely doing more harm than good. Most people take this sort of supplement for six months and longer and then start wondering what’s wrong with their protocol. Cellulase and hemicellulase are enzymes which are both in the Candi Zyme. Ingesting both cellulase and hemicellulase add to the amount of sugar that’s available for the Candida if you also digest fibers such as vegetable fibers needed by the beneficial flora that hopefully you’re trying to rebuild.

I will stop taking the Candi Zyme. Is there different emzyme I should take? I did not see one on the protocol. Brenda must not know this does this. She would never want to make something worse. Especially since she is the one that directed me to the website and said you guys have great information.

You mention also that some of the things I am taking could be causing my body from healing. Is there anything I am taking besides Candi Zyme that is not helping?

Thanks I am going to be taking Molybdenum. I am picking it up tomorrow at the health food store.

Please any suggestions are great for me. I just want to get better. Thank you again!!! 🙂

raster
    Participant

Two alternatives to the enzymes you mentioned:

digestive grape or swedish bitters (helps heal leaky gut and improves digestion) or pro-gest digestive enzymes (breaks down food and heals leaky gut).

-Raster

Lauren

raster wrote: Two alternatives to the enzymes you mentioned:

digestive grape or swedish bitters (helps heal leaky gut and improves digestion) or pro-gest digestive enzymes (breaks down food and heals leaky gut).

-Raster

Thanks Raster for the info. You guys are always great help!! I mentioned the enzymes possibly creating a small amount of sugar to Brenda and she said that it is true. 🙂 She said that the she feels for most people the positive effects usually out weigh the small amount of sugar. But I will change to the swedish bitters. Brenda has been very helpful to me in leading to some great info. So glad she told me to come to this website 😀

Also I have another question. I went to buy molybdenum, but my health food store did not have it, so they order it. The bottle that came in says Chelated Molybdenum, 150 mg, made by Country Life. Should I not be taking it? It is different than Molybdenum?
    Thank you for your time,
    Lauren

raster
    Participant

Chelated and regular molybdenum are the same thing. The enzymes are up to you; able is against them but I find a benefit out of taking them.

I feel that anything that can benefit digestion and heal leaky gut is a good thing despite any sugar related enzymes that candida can feed on. Candida can feed on many other things as well and as long as you aren’t allowing that to happen via the diet, then 150mg of an enzyme I don’t feel is the end of the world.

The digestive bitters are pretty much the same thing and they seem to be effective as well.

-Raster

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Confused’ is closed to new replies.