Confused

This topic contains 4 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

sj
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi Everyone

I’m a bit miffed and confused and was wondering if someone could offer some advice.

I have been increasingly sick for the past 18 months – low immunity, bloating, lethergy, problems concentrating etc and I’ve tried everything but nothing has worked. The doctors weren’t helping so I took it upon myself to get a food tolerance test. I got the results yesterday and in addition to a few intolerances it said I had tested positive for Candida and that I should make an appointment to see the doctor to test whether it was a current infection or an old one and that it can be treatd with anti-fungal tablets.

Last night I read as many websites as I could find about Candida and I began to get really excited because the symptoms seemed to match and I might have finally found the answer and could start getting my life back on track.

Today I saw the doctor and presented her with my blood test result only to be told “conventional medicine doesn’t believe Candida exists, there is no test and no treatment”.

So now I’m deflated and confused. Is Candida real? Do I have it? Should I do a Candida detox diet or would I just be wasting my time? How can they identifiy Candida in a blood test if it doesn’t exist and what does that mean?

I’m beginning to loose faith that I will ever feel healthy again. :o(

Thomas
    Topics: 71
    Replies: 605

sj wrote: Hi Everyone

I’m a bit miffed and confused and was wondering if someone could offer some advice.

I have been increasingly sick for the past 18 months – low immunity, bloating, lethergy, problems concentrating etc and I’ve tried everything but nothing has worked. The doctors weren’t helping so I took it upon myself to get a food tolerance test. I got the results yesterday and in addition to a few intolerances it said I had tested positive for Candida and that I should make an appointment to see the doctor to test whether it was a current infection or an old one and that it can be treatd with anti-fungal tablets.

Last night I read as many websites as I could find about Candida and I began to get really excited because the symptoms seemed to match and I might have finally found the answer and could start getting my life back on track.

Today I saw the doctor and presented her with my blood test result only to be told “conventional medicine doesn’t believe Candida exists, there is no test and no treatment”.

So now I’m deflated and confused. Is Candida real? Do I have it? Should I do a Candida detox diet or would I just be wasting my time? How can they identifiy Candida in a blood test if it doesn’t exist and what does that mean?

I’m beginning to loose faith that I will ever feel healthy again. :o(

Hi sj,

you don’t need to loose your faith because of the doctor. There a millions of people in this world who can attest you of candida. Only because he has some white cloth on and tells you what he believes doesn’t make him an authority. You have to go to people who know, who have been sick and who have been healed.
    You have come here to the right group. Read this as a starter and go on your journey of health. After you have been through the war with candida and have come out on the other side healed you will never trust such a doctor again to mess around with your confidence and trust. Why? Because you can say I know, I was sick and now I am healed from that evil sickness.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1334_From-Able-and-Raster-The-Protocol.aspx

Start with that and follow the instructions here on the forum. If you have questions write a post as you did we help you further.

yours
    Thomas

89Mirageman
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 55

This disease is very real and yes you are correct, Doctors know nothing about it and try to make you think you’re crazy. I was on the diet for about 6 weeks and was feeling a lot better. I went to my regular doc for a checkup (type 2 diabetic) and mentioned candida since they were doing blood work anyway. They call me back and say there was no yeast in my blood and ruled it out 100%. Come to find out they were checking for a yeast infection which may or may not be present with candida.

One weekend I ate a few things that were not allowed and boy did the symptoms ever come back strong. It made me remember how much better I actually was at the time when those awful feelings came back.

I will say its a long process though and its not likely to go away quickly. It will take energy and a lot of will power to get through this trust me. My advice would be to read here on the forum until your eyes hurt and take it in little by little. Ask questions because there are a few guys/girls on here who have beat this dreaded disease and are great at helping others do the same.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Quote: “So now I’m deflated and confused. Is Candida real? Do I have it? Should I do a Candida detox diet or would I just be wasting my time? How can they identify Candida in a blood test if it doesn’t exist and what does that mean?”

Yes, Candida is as real as cancer or a bad cold. There are millions of people who have been and why are suffering with a Candida infestation at any given moment.
    You asked if you have it; my guess is yes, considering your symptoms and the fact that the doctors do not have another name for your problem. When this happens, it’s almost like the doctors are telling you, ‘We can’t find what’s wrong with you, so it’s probably Candida, only it doesn’t exist so we don’t know what’s wrong with you.” Idiots all.

Concerning the blood test for Candida, and there are specific blood tests for Candida albicans in the body; so doesn’t this make you wonder why there are tests for an illness that doesn’t’ exist? The tests aren’t always dependable, perhaps that’s why some doctors simply say they do not exist.
    All I’m saying is that if you have the symptoms you have, and the doctors tell you that what you have doesn’t exist, then in all likelihood you have Candida.

You would benefit from doing what Thomas suggested, read the protocol and try to follow it exactly as it’s written. And also print off the allowed foods list so that when you go food shopping or out to eat you will be aware of exactly what to purchase.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst1136_ALLOWED-FOODS-LIST.aspx

We’ll be glad to answer all of your questions.

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would consider getting other tests. Dr. Mcoomb’s recommends some in his youtube video, if you want to get as close to a real test there is:

http://www.youtube.com/w…a8I&feature=related

He recommends completing 2-3 tests and combine this with your health history, symptoms, including the use of antibiotics to determine whether you have candida overgrowth. You need to figure out what is in the intestinal tract as well as what is in the stool. Genova diagnostic labs has a candida immune complex test and metametrix labs has a GI stool effects test. No western doctor will say that you have it and look at you like you are crazy. A holistic doctor may determine that you have other ailments and specific organs that are damaged and can address these issues seperately.

http://www.metametrix.com/
    http://www.gdx.net/

If you think you have candida; the only way I think you will know whether you have it or not is to do the diet. If you have “die off” symptoms and feel worse once on the diet, this means you have candida in my opinion. I say give the diet a try and very likely you will see improvement.

-Raster

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Confused’ is closed to new replies.