Concerned about weight loss

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Concerned about weight loss

This topic contains 2 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Javizy 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Author

recoveringnow
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 0

Hi, I am new to the forum and was looking for some ideas to help to prevent further weight loss. I have lost about 10 lbs on the candida diet in the past month and am concerned that I don’t want to lose any more. I am getting concerned reactions from others as my BMI was already really low from my multiple food allergies prior to the candida diet. I think that people are believing that I am anorexic, and that is sooo not the case. I had a healthy appetite prior to getting so sick.

I am limited on the foods that can help to give me calories right now. I am allergic to eggs, so that is eliminated. I am also lactose intolerant so yogurt is out. I also have corn allergies so it is very difficult for me to find meats that are safe for me due to the related chemical sensitivities.

I have been primarily eating vegetables, buckwheat, quinoa, oat bran, coconut oil, flax seeds, sunflower seeds, pumpkin seeds and raw almonds. I experimented with hemp powder but had a reaction to that.

Any thoughts would be appreciated. Thanks!

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

recoveringnow wrote: Hi, I am new to the forum and was looking for some ideas to help to prevent further weight loss. I have lost about 10 lbs on the candida diet in the past month and am concerned that I don’t want to lose any more.

This question is constantly being asked on the forum. The fact is, everyone loses weight on the Candida diet; and that’s because it’s basically unavoidable, especially in the beginning.

Another fact is; the only way to avoid weight loss whether you’re on a Candida diet or not is to obtain as many or more calories than your body is burning. This is a simple fact that nothing else is going to change unless one has an illness which causes weight loss.

To put this another way; eating more calories than your body burns will stop weight loss, and this is the only thing that will accomplish this.

Some foods that will help are;

More oils in the form of olive oil, coconut oil, and avocados.

Eating more of the different breads in the recipe section of the forum will also help.

http://www.thecandidadiet.com/forum/yaf_postst746_Coconut-Flour-Bread.aspx

Otherwise, it’s simply a matter of obtaining a larger number of calories than your body is now burning.

Able

Javizy
    Topics: 20
    Replies: 945

Bear in mind that there’s generally a lot of water loss at the beginning of low-carb diets, so you may not have lost any fat at all. Gaining mass if you’re naturally skinny can be tricky, but following Able’s advice should prevent further loss or reverse weight loss due to calorie deficit. Your gut flora can have a lot to say about your weight and metabolism, so you should see some improvement as you overcome the candida overgrowth.

You might want to read this article about potentially reversing lactose intolerance. Kefir contains more bacteria than yoghurt and a lot less protein (casein could be your issue if you haven’t been tested), so it’s a better food to try this approach. It’ll also help a lot with your candida issues. Keep in mind what he says about starting small and not giving up straight away. Any dietary change requires adjustment in the body and the gut ecology. True allergies are quite rare, and you should aim to diversify your diet as much as possible. Don’t push your guts if it clearly isn’t working, but give them a chance before giving in.

Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Concerned about weight loss’ is closed to new replies.