Comprehensive List of Bob's Red Mill Products?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Comprehensive List of Bob's Red Mill Products?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  CiproSucks 5 years, 9 months ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

jaylee
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 3

Reading the strict diet, i saw that there were quite a few Red Mill products that can be used. I went to a Ralph’s in one of the nicer areas today and came upon a goldmine of them. I was surprised because i’ve never seen them in stores and thought I was doomed to ordering them online. Downer is that they didn’t have some of the products listed on the strict diet. They only have the regular Oat Bran but not the GF one. The don’t have Coconut Flour, but they have Brown Rice Flour & Almond Meal/Flour. I was wondering, if there were items that weren’t specifically listed on the diet that would also be cool? They had GF Rolled Oats, Flaxseed Mill, Shredded Coconut, Oat Flour for example.

Just trying to add a little variety to my diet.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Unfortunately, bran’s are different than that raw product itself.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bran

Oats should not be eaten on the diet because they contain high amounts of starch like carrots, rice, potatoes, corn, etc. that are not on the diet. If you eat oats, steel cut oats are the best thing for the diet basically. Oat bran is the safe one as you may know.

The rest of the stuff on your list should generally be ok but test each seperately as a test food item.

Here is their website:
    http://www.bobsredmill.com/flours-meals/

If you want a list, I’d email them, they are very helpful.

I’ve been to their headquarters many times and its best to buy it for cheap at their store in person. The have bulk bins, etc. Its a fabulous place. They sell 25 pound bags of grains for cheap and this is the best bang for the buck.

-raster

jaylee
    Replies: 3

Thanks Raster.

I guess i just wanted to know exactly what i could and could not have from them. I was mostly concerned about the Oat Bran as the one on the diet is GF and my store didn’t have the GF one. If the different flours are cool, i can use different types to try different recipes which is awesome. I’m a month into the diet now and i’m not really missing sugars or carbs, but i would like some different textures and taste in my diet. So if oats aren’t good for me, than i’ll avoid them completely.

i also noticed some of these items, even the ones listed in the diet, have small amounts of sugars and carbs in them. Are they still okay?

Can I just email them asking what items i can use on a candida diet? Will they know what i’m talking about and give me correct info?

I live in California, so going to there store is a no-no for me. If anybody lives in LA, there in all of the Ralphs, but i’m guessing the ones in better areas have a better selection. I’m going out to Burbank tomorrow to see if they have the Coconut Flour there.

Sorry for all the questions. Just want to make sure everything is right.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Its all about reducing sugar and carbs but not avoiding them completely from my experience. You need carbs to survive. We have a forum food list if you are interested in the safe food items.

-raster

Beat Candida
    Participant
    Topics: 14
    Replies: 73

raster;48325 wrote: Its all about reducing sugar and carbs but not avoiding them completely from my experience. You need carbs to survive. We have a forum food list if you are interested in the safe food items.

-raster

So just to be clear, Oat Bran is ok but Oat is not good & Rice Bran is ok but Rice offcourse is not allowed.

I am still confused about Oat. I love it but my body refused to digest it evn when I was not even aware of Candida.

Thanks.

CiproSucks
    Replies: 22

This is all very confusing to me as well. Raster, is this food list you’re referring to the same one I got from Able?

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘Comprehensive List of Bob's Red Mill Products?’ is closed to new replies.