Combining Stages 1 & 2

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Combining Stages 1 & 2

This topic contains 6 replies, has 6 voices, and was last updated by  sophie 6 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

mirandajb
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 5

I have gone through a Candida diet before and have been clear for the past five years until recently, – the beast came back.

I know I need to follow each stage correctly for them to work but do not have time right now (this month) to do it so I”ve been combining stages 1 and 2 and wanted to know if this is pointless or not. So far it’s keeping my candida back a tolerable amount but I don’t want to be guzzling bottles of bentonite clay (well not exactly) if nothing is actually dying off.

What I mean by combining stages 1 and 2 is that I eat like I’m in the second phase but I drink the detox drink and liver flush also. I’m eating mostly vegetables (non starchy and no fruit) and lots of nuts and yoghurt. Out of convenience, I’ve been eating steal cut oats pretty regularly but I think I need to switch to quinoa or something else. I noticed in the breakfast section on this website rice pudding is suggested…is that because brown rice is better for candida than steal cut oats? What about whey protein powder? I’m guessing that its bad for candida because whey is similar to milk and sugar…is soy protein powder better then?

Thanks for any feedback!

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

mirandajb;31196 wrote: I have gone through a Candida diet before and have been clear for the past five years until recently, – the beast came back.

I know I need to follow each stage correctly for them to work but do not have time right now (this month) to do it so I”ve been combining stages 1 and 2 and wanted to know if this is pointless or not. So far it’s keeping my candida back a tolerable amount but I don’t want to be guzzling bottles of bentonite clay (well not exactly) if nothing is actually dying off.

What I mean by combining stages 1 and 2 is that I eat like I’m in the second phase but I drink the detox drink and liver flush also. I’m eating mostly vegetables (non starchy and no fruit) and lots of nuts and yoghurt. Out of convenience, I’ve been eating steal cut oats pretty regularly but I think I need to switch to quinoa or something else. I noticed in the breakfast section on this website rice pudding is suggested…is that because brown rice is better for candida than steal cut oats? What about whey protein powder? I’m guessing that its bad for candida because whey is similar to milk and sugar…is soy protein powder better then?

Thanks for any feedback!

Hi could you switch steel cut oats for oat bran? oatbran is part of the diet stage 1 and it cooks withing 10 mins, I add coconut oil, cinammon powder and hemp seeds on mine and almond milk(or coconut milk or kefir) is very deliscious and nutricious too…i hope this helps 🙂

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should not eat any rice and rice products until stage 3 or when your infestation is basically over; same with quinoa. The reason is that both foods ferment in the gut and thus feed candida.

I would stick with stage 1 for as long as possible.

Just to clarify on the stages:

Stage 0: cleanse/detox
    Stage 1: long term anti-candida diet
    Stage 2: when you are basically symptom free and long over die-off
    Stage 3: Basically a healthy non-candida diet.

I’ve tried other stages first and it just did not work until I went super strict with stage 1. How long do you want to suffer fighting this beast?

Soy is also something you should not eat on the diet whatsoever. Whey for some people should be ok, it all depends.

-raster

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

mirandajb;31196 wrote: I have gone through a Candida diet before and have been clear for the past five years until recently, – the beast came back.

Thanks for any feedback!

I noticed no one mentioned it previously, You’re really not supposed to be eating nuts if you want to adhere to the correct diet. Most of us are following a Strict diet that doesn’t appear on the Website. You need to ask Able, one of the moderators for a link to the “Strict Diet” list.

Apparently there a lot of Questionable items listed on the website that can in fact feed Candida. Nuts contain mold, so they are not allowed. Most who eat them will soak them to remove the mold.

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

Actually the strict diet and the Foods To Eat on the website are pretty similar. The biggest difference between the two is the timeframe and the slightly altered stages.

For instance the website has this to say about nuts –

“Nuts are healthy, however they are tough on the digestive system for candida sufferers, so they should really be consumed in limited amounts. Watch for a reaction though – some people are fine with them, others are not.
    Another problem is nuts contain some mold. It can be removed by soaking them in water and fresh lemon juice then air drying them, or putting them in the oven on low heat until crispy.”

UncleOxidant
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 56

Sophie: Would sunflower seeds be included in the nut-restriction? (seeds in general vs. nuts?)

sophie
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 20

I think sunflower seeds would also have a little mold. So spraying them with grapefruit seed extract or soaking them in lemon water would probably be a good idea.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Combining Stages 1 & 2’ is closed to new replies.