Colonscopy questions

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Colonscopy questions

This topic contains 13 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 5 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

Well tomorrow I finally caved and I’m getting a colonscoy plus an endoscopy. Never had a colonscopy. This prep is awful. Anyway, can they find any yeast, sibo, or parasites in these tests? I know I have sibo but idk how severe but my digestion is awful and I’m getting stomach pains almost every other day. I had cat scan and ultrasound of stomach and they said no tumors so I guess that’s good. I ve had two stool tests which provided me with a positive two of yeast. My bloodwork was in the green for candida last month so I feel the yeast is much better. But the bacteria in my tests were high. But my digestion seems worse. Anyway they didnt find parasites in my stool samples so I’m hoping they might find some in the colonscopy. I’m real nervous about the results. Cancer and stuff. Dad died of lung cancer when I was 5 so I hate cancer but it worries me. Thx

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

No, they can’t detect microscopic pathogens with a colonoscopy or a endoscopy. Stool analysis and the individual’s symptoms are your best bet for determining parasites,yeast, SIBO.

moochpb

He just said I have Sibo and a long twisted colon, what does the colon thing mean? Sorry I’m drugged up

moochpb

they said I have a redundant colon. He said Im a bad pooper lol

goingnatural
    Topics: 38
    Replies: 249

moochpb;45681 wrote: He just said I have Sibo and a long twisted colon, what does the colon thing mean? Sorry I’m drugged up

come on mooch, ask the GI doc what he means by a long twisted colon!

Otherwise glad to read that your worst fears (ie cancer) were unfounded.

moochpb

My fiancĂ© said it means my colon is twisted and alot longer then normal. So I get stocked up and that’s the stomach pains I get. I have to take marilax at night to help go more. He cleaned me out so now I have to kill the sibo and the remaining yeast too. Just a bigger colon for normalm

Danny33
    Replies: 362

I had a colonoscopy when I was 24, long before I knew what Candida was.

They will not be able to discover any kind of candida overgrowth/bacterial/parasites with a colonoscopy. They will check for cancer and physical/structural abnormalities.

The prep for these are atrocious indeed. My colonoscopy came back squeeky clean with nothing wrong.

He said Im a bad pooper lol

This is not what you want to hear from a trained professional. I’m not sure I would buy this. I would ask to go over the x-rays and get a more detailed explanation. Have you have issues for your whole life? Or was it a result of anti-biotics, etc.?

I take Miralax when I need to as well, it softens stool and improves transit time. Slow transit time is one of my worst symptoms. Methane gas, Candida toxins will slow intestinal transit time for some folks, which hardens stool and causes constipation.

moochpb

My gut flora has been destroyed due to antibiotic usage. This is the best I felt in one year since I first got bloating and reflux. My transmit time is slow that’s for sure. So my stool gets stuck in my intestines and causes me pain. I looked at the charts. No inflamation anymore which I had in sept last year, no acid reflux, and my colon was clean. The candida diet and antifungals did their job but I’m stopping the nystatin. I’m gonna just keep taking sf722 and the garlic to help with sibo. He cleans out my gunk. I just had gluten free pancakes and eggs. It was great. Haven’t had pancakes for 7 or 8 months. I haven’t felt like this in forever. It feels weird. He did a few biopsies on my smaller intestines just to make sure nothing is too.
    My buddy from the marines just found out he had parasites yesterday from doing a colonoscopy. Small world

moochpb

my transit time is slow because of my redundant colon he said. I had a lot of gunk stuck in my intestines pretty much. Plus I have Sibo and mild yeast. So I just gotta be careful still what I do. So I hope the miralax can help

kjones02
    Participant
    Topics: 79
    Replies: 315

Hey mooch,
    okay, talking to someone with experience with lots of the routes of regular doctors trying to get me better, but I believe led me to candida now. Just be careful! A colonoscopy cannot really detect candida, yeast. It can detect inflammation and diseases such as crohn’s, colitis, etc. Plus, as you said, the redundant colon.

Remember, I don’t have my colon anymore. I had a colonoscopy, and the prep was awful. Mine revealed that I had a long colon, also. I had a colitis and compared to most people’s belief, I always had the constipation problem compared to the d part. I still had stool in my colon for the procedure, but the doctor said he was able to get thru, but it was rough. I think that is what led to me not having a colon all thinking it might help, but all the ppi’s and antibiotics before this messed me up. I know yeast built up probably due to the c part, too.

Also, I tried miralax before to help, and I hated it!!! It is not natural, and made me feel gassy, bloated. It is not really safe to consume. Have you tried to increase your magnesium to help you go? That can really get the bowels moving. There is a product called natural calm that makes an excellent tea at night that contains magnesium citrate that help.

jameskep
    Participant
    Replies: 220

They should provide pictures or x-rays to help confirm their diagnosis?

As kjones stated I would rather experiment with magnesium than miralax. Both of them have the same idea of drawing water into the colon to help move things along. Miralax being a chemical (polyethylene glycol) might be toxic to your good bacteria. Just because something is not absorbed into your blood stream does not mean it won’t affect your gut ecosystem.

moochpb

I won’t touch ppis and antibiotics, been there done that. I have done magnesium for many months and it doesn’t get me going that much. The bacteria overgrowth probably is caused by my redundant colon. I’m happy be didn’t find anything severe. I ve done two stool tests and a nutrient deficiency test. No candida, mild yeast overgrowth but have sibo. I have the pictures from the colonoscopy and endoscope. Plus got a cat scan and imaging done in stomach. It’s been a long year of this.

Danny33
    Replies: 362

Also, I tried miralax before to help, and I hated it!!! It is not natural, and made me feel gassy, bloated. It is not really safe to consume

My GI doctor explained Miralax is safe to take on a daily basis, also confirmed this with my regular doctor. I’m sure its not great for the body but it actually works.

I too, have not had any luck with magnesium unfortunately.

moochpb

I got yeast from antibiotics but pretty much have it under control. Sibo he said was also from antibiotics, plus my redundant colon. He said the more I get backed up the worse it’s gonna be for sure. So if I can eliminate the better I will be. Magnesium kinda hurts me. So I hope miralax plus more fiber will help. I just don’t know what to do with a redundant colon?

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘Colonscopy questions’ is closed to new replies.