Colonoscopy

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Colonoscopy

This topic contains 6 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  LESNYC 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

LESNYC
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 16

I finally had my colonoscopy this morning. It came out fine. The prep was fine for me, as in the gallon of liquid I had to drink just tasted like salt water and the 4 Ducolax pills didn’t cause any cramping or vomiting.

I did, however, fast one day earlier than recommended, specifically to avoid the prep trauma that I kept hearing about. I also gave myself an enema on the first night and the second morning of the fast.

My issue is that I was advised to drink grape juice the day before the procedure. I haven’t had fruit juice in I don’t know how long. I assumed the Ducolax and the Golyghtly would have sugar nasties in them anyway so I did.

Now, I have this odd smell like alcohol. I couldn’t figure it out until I went back to an old email from a NP: “…candida yeast feeds on carbs/starch/sugar and the acidity created by yeast (ethanol alcohol & acetylaldehyde) can be causative of lots of acidic waste “stress.”

I noticed that my previously clear tongue now has a coating. The juice activated the yeast like nobody’s business! The sad thing is that when I spoke with the PA about the possibility of candida overgrowth, she tried to shut me down with, “it would only be present in the throat or vagina.” She said that my stomach acidity would kill it. The problem is that I feel that my stomach is UNDER-acidic.

She mentioned that they may have to do an endoscopy but I really want them to do simple stool/breath/urine tests first. Having to go to the doctor is just a drag because their views are so narrow.

Anyway, now I smell like a wino. The only thing I can do is drink a lot of plain water, Pau D’Arco tea, take capricylic acid (sp) and coconut oil. I’m just hoping that the yeast won’t adapt. I still can’t afford the outright capsule supps so this will have to do for now. What a mess!!!!

If I do go for the endoscopy, I’m sure I”ll have to fast again and go through the whole thing again. This time, however, I WILL NOT drink juice. Just teas. I was worried about my energy level and blood sugar but to hell with it.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

LESNYC;37446 wrote: “it would only be present in the throat or vagina.”

Their ignorance continues to amaze me.

Are you on the forum’s strict diet?

Able

LESNYC

Able900;37461 wrote:

“it would only be present in the throat or vagina.”

Able

I was on the strict diet for 30 days. Then I ran out of supplements and had to take Motrin for a hospital occurrence. I started incorporating some things back but still was extremely watchful for sugar in all its forms. I found that the diet did not help my main issue so my enthusiasm declined greatly. I ended up eating slices of raw white potato to help my stomach, as well. The potato worked like a charm.

However, I am really going to do NO sugar again and try this cheap supp from Swansons that has moropito (sp) (basically the same from Klorex). It’s just $10 which is super great.

I just read this research paper (well, read some of it) http://aem.asm.org/content/7/1/12.full.pdf
    that states that yeast can grow in pasturized grape juice at low temperatures. Hmmm. Not good news. What’s even more confusing is the good effects of purple grape juice on the pancreas and liver; 2 trouble spots. Maybe fresh grape juice, at some point, down the line…?

Right now, I’m chugging water and eating celery to get rid of the sedatives, Ducolax and other medicines I had to take.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I also had a colonoscopy years before I knew my issues were candida related.

It turned out great, the didn’t find anything and that was that.

Big waste of time and money for me.

I do remember drinking the “Tri-lyte” gallon, OMG that was worse tasting then anything ever imaginable.

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

Able900;37461 wrote:

“it would only be present in the throat or vagina.”

Able

I had a doctor once that told me I had candida in my mouth that was verified by some lab tests. When I mentioned that same candida as being the cause of my other digestive problems they just laughed at me and told me I was reading too much on the internet. He told me I didnt have candida anywhere else and if I did it was called systemic and I would be in the hospital because of it.

I had an adrenal hormone test done that verified I had adrenal fatigue. When I showed these same test results to a medical doctor they laughed at me saying there is no such thing. He said the only disease of the adrenals is called Addisons disease or Cushings syndrome and I dont have either one of those. So I guess just because I didnt have extremely high levels or no cortisol that my adrenals are fine.

I have found the allopathic medical community to be a waste of time. They are all clueless when it comes to candida related problems.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

LESNYC;37481 wrote: I was on the strict diet for 30 days … I found that the diet did not help my main issue so my enthusiasm declined greatly.

You had no reason to believe that any treatment or diet could possibly help you very much in just 30 days, no wonder you saw no changes, you were probably still suffering from die-off.

Did you receive the diet directly from me or was it the website’s diet?

Able

LESNYC

Able900;37575 wrote:

I was on the strict diet for 30 days … I found that the diet did not help my main issue so my enthusiasm declined greatly.

You had no reason to believe that any treatment or diet could possibly help you very much in just 30 days, no wonder you saw no changes, you were probably still suffering from die-off.

Did you receive the diet directly from me or was it the website’s diet?

Able

I followed the protocol from the site. You could be right. Is there a way to test for candida overgrowth? I’m going to have to demand some testing now that the colonoscopy came out fine.

Please send me the stricter version. Thanks so much!

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Colonoscopy’ is closed to new replies.