COLONICS GOOD OR BAD?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions COLONICS GOOD OR BAD?

This topic contains 5 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  lockie86 5 years, 1 month ago.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • Author

lockie86
    Participant
    Topics: 33
    Replies: 76

Hi,

should I get some colonics?

I have a pretty full on infestation – six months in, not much progress, so wondering if colonics would help?

I’ve searched the forum but get conflicting opinions.

Some say colonics bad cos they wipe out good bacteria too, and stir up toxins, make you feel awful?

Others say they invaluable?

Any ideas for someone in my position?

I suffer badly with die off after even small dose antifungals, and have just been through a stressful 2 months with work stuff which has made my symptoms even worse.

So desperate to find something that will make me feel like I’m progressing.

Many thanks,

Mark
    UK

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

Colonics are for people that suffer from severe constipation. If your not severly constipated colonics can be very expensive. Colonics might temporarily wipe out some of the good bacteria in the colon, but I think if you have enough good bacteria in the lower small intestine/upper colon it should recolonize the colon. Colonics can make you feel uncomfortable because of the water pressure and the stimulation of bile entering the colon. Don’t even bother with a open system. These can make some feel very nauseous(too much water pressure and pushing). Closed system is much better.

Colonics will not help much with die-off from anti-fungals. If you take an anti-fungal and the die-off happens within 4-5 hours of taking it then the die-off most likely is not happening in the colon. Betonite clay might help with die-off, but it can be constipating and dehydrating. Some have used molybdenum for die-off , but did nothing for me.

What kind of anti-fungals are you taking?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

It likely won’t do much in terms of fighting candida but it should help clear out the colon. Colon cancer is something that is increasing in the amount of people who get it. However, keep in mind, the more you do colonics, the lazier your body will get as far as digestion. This could be problematic…you don’t want your body to stop its digestion!

I don’t think it’d improve any of your woes with the diet/symptoms…it’d likely just make you feel better temporarily. Some people lose 20+ pounds with a colonic.

If the antifungals give you too much die-off, you should either come up with a detox plan to detox the toxins or take more gentle antifungals such as SF722 or coconut oil.

-raster

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks for these replies guys, appreciate it.

I have been constipated since this recent flare up but I wouldn’t say it’s severe. Trying to get things moving with high dose vit c, linseeds and lots of water.

For antifungals I’m taking Candida Support at the moment, I was taking that and extra Caprylic Acid.

Just doing one a day at the moment to try and ease back in.

What antifungals do you guys recommend?

@ Raster, how much cocount oil should I take, and should I take it alongside Candida Support or stop that?

My die off seems to be accumulative. ie I can take antifungals for a couple of weeks and seem OK, then raise the dose and a few weeks later the die off hits me. As if toxins have accumulated. So then I end up going off antifungals altogether for a bit and it feel like I’m not making progress.

Many thanks again,

Mark
    UK

jameskep
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 220

What candida support supplement is it? Is it the candida yeast support that has 3 strains of bacteria in it?

I would try the undecenoic acid instead of the caprylic acid. You can purchase it on Jeff Mccombs website. Its called candida force. Its a few dollars more than sf722 ,but I would rather support his cause/effort to help people than other companies.

lockie86
    Participant

Thanks for the advice.

I am still on Candida Support as recommended by Lisa. This is Pau D’ Arco, Oregano Oil, Black Walnut and Caprylic Acid.

Here it is on eBay:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/like/131109740518?hlpht=true&ops=true&viphx=1&lpid=95&device=c&adtype=pla&crdt=0&ff3=1&ff11=ICEP3.0.0&ff12=67&ff13=80&ff14=95&ff19=0

It’s affordable, unlike some others.

I’ve never heard of undecenoic acid and to be honest the sheer amount of conflicting recommendations really confuses me, and stresses me out. :-)) Dealing with candida and the brain fog is bad enough but then you have to navigate through all these conflicting recommendations and opinions. I appreciate the recommendations of course, it’s just all so confusing as it’s impossible to tell who’s right.

Other people recommend Mycopryl 680 but that works out around £50 GBP per month at the high dose, which is a fortune!

Anyone else recommend an antifungal that’s reasonably priced and will do the job?

What is Able/Raster’s antifungal of choice?

Thanks,

Mark
    UK

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘COLONICS GOOD OR BAD?’ is closed to new replies.