Cold Sore

This topic contains 10 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  raster 7 years, 3 months ago.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Author

Ranger
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 23

I have a cold sore and I was reading online you should avoid acidic foods like lemons.
    Wondering if this true. I normally put fresh lemon in my juices.
    I am have read a lot of home remedies online and I would like to know if any of them might be safe and effective for someone on an anti candida regiment.
    Some of the remedies suggest coconut oil and garlic.

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Ranger wrote: I have a cold sore and I was reading online you should avoid acidic foods like lemons.

I am have read a lot of home remedies online and I would like to know if any of them might be safe and effective for someone on an anti candida regiment.
    Some of the remedies suggest coconut oil and garlic.

How are you doing, Ranger? Good to hear from you.

Cold sores are caused by a virus, so I can’t see how the lemon juice or citric acid (since this is basically vitamin C) could bother cold sores.

I don’t know which home remedies you’re speaking of, so I’d rather know what is in this before I say yes or no. The coconut oil and garlic would be fine, of course.

Able

Ranger

Thank you Able. I will keep adding lemons to my juice.

I have been on the regiment and diet for almost three months. The only cheating I have done was eating corn chips and corn tortillas a few times. I have been taking the 50 billion probiotic. I am not gaining weight and I don’t think I am experiencing any die off symptoms. I think I am going to try the SF722 that Raster suggest.
    I can’t tell if the Ultimate Flora probiotic is doing anything and I was thinking of trying the probiotic made by Thorne Research. It is called Bacillus Coagulans (formerly Lactobacillus Sporogenes). It is less expensive but I wonder if it could still be effective.

This has been a real struggle and I feel empathy for anyone has this.
    It seems impossible to ever recover just a little bit.

Able900
    Spectator

Ranger;

Bacillus coagulans is just one bacterial species. You’re taking 14 strains with the Ultimate Flora. The Bacillus Coagulans Probiotic contains a count of 2 billion, while the Ultimate Flora contains 50 billion. You would literally be going backwards in your treatment if you make this change.

I’m afraid that I assumed you had changed probiotics long ago. We don’t get to speak with you often, so it’s difficult to keep up with what you’re taking at any particular time. Actually, you should have changed types of probiotics at least a month ago.

If you do one round (one bottle) of Innate Response, Flora 50-14 with DDS-1 type of Lactobacillus acidophilus you should see a change.

Research on probiotics now shows that Lactobacillus acidophilus DDS-1 is one of the most highly effective strains of beneficial bacteria for a Candida albicans infestation.

This particular bacteria strain easily colonizes in human intestines. It’s acid and bile resistant which many other strains aren’t. It’s easier to for it to adapt to the system because of its origin, which is human.

And finally, it’s one type of strain which is excellent at supporting the immune system which all probiotics should be able to do but don’t always.

Which antifungals are you using now?

Able

Ranger

For anti fungals I am taking coconut oil, fresh garlic, oregano oil and tried olive oil a couple of times. I am trying to find somewhere to buy innate response flora 50-14. I live in the US and I don’t know if Whole Foods carries this.
    I can find it on Amazon, but it states this product is sensitive to heat.
    Looking for some new ideas.

I admit work is really busy this time of year and I am not able to consume as much anti fungals as I should. I do spend a lot of time preparing my own food though.
    I still experience some constipation and I have been increasing my vitamin C to see if that helps.

Able900
    Spectator

Ranger,
    Olive oil is a pretty weak antifungal, so I wouldn’t worry about trying it as an antifungal.

Oil of oregano can help with constipation. How many drops a day are you now taking?
    Normally a lot of 100-1500 mg doses of vitamin C are needed to relieve constipation, taken about 45 minutes to an hour apart.

Nutritional Institute carries the probiotic on Amazon, and they pack it in ice before shipment.
    http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003FDB24W/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

Able

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I’d rotate probiotics like able suggested. I am going to try megaflora soon myself. I am also going to make kefir today from unfermented raw goat milk; this is an excellent source of probiotics. If you go to whole foods of the vitamin shoppe, they should have some OK brands of probiotics that are high strain and high count; I wouldn’t do the thorne research one like able suggested.

I am interested in knowing whether you’d experience any die-off after trying a new antifungal soon. I stopped feeling die-off from them months ago and have since stopped taking them (but am considering trying it again). I am just taking the natural antifungals plus SF722 right now.

-Raster

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Why is it recommended that we rotate probiotics? Is it much like rotating the antifungals? And how often do you recommend that we do this? Is it okay to go back and forth between two types?

THANKS!

Kirsty

raster
    Participant

I’d rotate everything; your diet, your antifungals, and your probiotics. Rotating probiotics will help you get a variety of strains in your gut. Rotating antifungals will not allow the candida to adapt to any of them easily. Rotating the diet will prevent the candida from adapting to your foods.

If you alternate between two high strain high count probiotics, then this could be very beneficial. If you rotate between even more…I don’t think there is a drawback over than their effectiveness.

-Raster

kirstyk4
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 125

Do you recommend changing probiotics once a month? I just pruchased a 90 day supply of my newest probiotic.

Kirsty

raster
    Participant

Go ahead if you want…finish what you have and try something else out afterwards and then come back to it in a few bottles (or one bottle). Up to you!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Cold Sore’ is closed to new replies.