Cold Meds and Candida Diet

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Cold Meds and Candida Diet

This topic contains 6 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  Ziggy 5 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Author

Ziggy
    Topics: 2
    Replies: 4

My wife is fighting a cold and is still strictly adhering to the stage 1 diet. She wants to take guafenesin for the cough and congestion, but it has maltodextrin in it (her garlic does too).

What information is out there regarding this ingredient and candida? Is the small amount of it in meds really be a deal-breaker for taking it?

What other cold medications are good/bad while adhering to the Candida Diet?

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

She can try taking 1000mg vitamin C every hour (while she’s awake, anyway) for a few days. Also, if she’s not taking zinc supplements, she can take 50mg zinc once a day. Both of these things have helped me immensely in not getting sick and in recovering more quickly. They support your immune system, but aren’t cough suppressants or decongestants. Onions, garlic, and cayenne are all natural decongestants, and they’re also all a boost to the immune system. Turmeric is a natural anti-inflammatory, which could help with the coughing.

Ziggy

Hi shayfo,

Thanks for the info. We are good on supplements – already doing C and zinc. She needs a cough suppressant/decongestant to get sleep, the most healing medicine.

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

I would check out echinacea and SF722 undecenoic acid.

How is she doing now?

-raster

mrs.candida
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 452

In the distant past when I’ve taken cough medicine it made my kidneys hurt. I wouldn’t take it now because it’s taxing on the body to have to deal with more then the Candida.

I got a lot of colds and sore throats in the beginning of my treatment. You must treat this sickness like die off, if you ingest something you shouldn’t now it will set you back, when all along it was a symptom of the Candida.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I realize it’s been few days but if it doesn’t help you it may help someone else.

Onion tea is the best for the cough. It can even clear bronchitis. It saved me few times. You get the brown skin onion, wash it well but do not remove the skin, skin is what you need. Put it into a quart of water and bring to boil, simmer for about 10 minutes or so. Strain and drink while warm.

Another great cold medicine is ginger/lemon tea. You take a 1″ piece of ginger, peel it, cut into slices and put into quart of water. Turn on the stove. While waiting for it to start boiling, wash one lemon very well, scrub it if you can (best use organic lemons), squeeze the juice and save. When ginger tea is about to start boiling, add one half of squeezed lemon in it. Once it starts boiling turn off the stove and let it sit on it so it will simmer until the stove cools (electric stove, if gas then let it boil for like 5 minutes or so). 10-15 minutes after it stops boiling add lemon juice you squeezed. Strain and drink while warm. This saved me from antibiotics when I had sinus infection. It took a while longer than antibiotics would, but I was happy I did not need to take them.

Hope this helps you or someone else reading this forum.

Arijana

Ziggy

Thanks all for your very thoughtful suggestions. She is very much improved, but still coughing. I’ll pass on the onion and ginger/lemon teas suggestions, as well as the SF722 undecenoic acid. She is drinking echinacea tea. Seems with the SUPER strength (and priced!) garlic she is taking her immune system would be turbo-charged.

The die-off symptoms are getting old, but she is slowly winning the Candida fight. Hoping for better days with the coming Springtime.

~Ziggy

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Cold Meds and Candida Diet’ is closed to new replies.