cold hands and feet anyone else?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions cold hands and feet anyone else?

This topic contains 20 replies, has 11 voices, and was last updated by  flailingWcandi 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)
  • Author

toni8
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 40

My hands and feet get really cold and it’s so unconfortable, makes me feel anxious, anyone has the problem? does it mean I may lack some vitamins or minerals? thanks friends 🙂

kodaz2005
    Topics: 37
    Replies: 172

toni8;31222 wrote:
    My hands and feet get really cold and it’s so unconfortable, makes me feel anxious, anyone has the problem? does it mean I may lack some vitamins or minerals? thanks friends 🙂

Hi Toni, I think this is pretty common for many of us. I have seen it listed on nearly every formal Candida symptom list I can recall. I know calls hands are linked to hypothyroidism, which I was diagnosed as having. Of course I have also seen hypothyroidism listed on Candida symptom lists as well.

I can tell you one trick that works great for me. Keep a blow dryer plugged in next to your bed. When you are ready for bed and you find your feet are freezing pull it out and warm your feet up. It makes your whole body feel warmer and much easier to fall asleep.

toni8

kodaz2005;31226 wrote:

Hi Toni, I think this is pretty common for many of us. I have seen it listed on nearly every formal Candida symptom list I can recall. I know calls hands are linked to hypothyroidism, which I was diagnosed as having. Of course I have also seen hypothyroidism listed on Candida symptom lists as well.

I can tell you one trick that works great for me. Keep a blow dryer plugged in next to your bed. When you are ready for bed and you find your feet are freezing pull it out and warm your feet up. It makes your whole body feel warmer and much easier to fall asleep.

Ah cool thank you for the tip will try that tonite, i guess i should wear gloves too lol but makes it hard to do anything at home 🙂

UncleOxidant
    Replies: 56

I notice this too. I think in my case it’s because I’m not eating much due to what appears to be gastritis. But I think others have noted that on the candida diet they tend to lose weight and are eating less calories, so that could account for it.

You might want to take your blood pressure when you notice this. Perhaps it’s running a bit low?

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

toni8;31222 wrote:

I had it bad before and during strict diet or the treatment phase. It slowly got much better over time. I remember at the beginning of the summer, it would be 90 degrees outside and my hands would be ice cold. Scary, I know!

It helps to move more and get the blood pumping. Walk, do something around the house, do mild exercise (you would be surprised how few simple exercises that don’t seem to do anything get your blood going), drink hot tea or even better bone broth… all these things helped me in the past. Bone broth will for sure help with lack of minerals naturally. I still can have cold hands rarely, but it’s winter time and I do think it’s normal after defrosting my car 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

toni8

orka1998;31237 wrote:

I had it bad before and during strict diet or the treatment phase. It slowly got much better over time. I remember at the beginning of the summer, it would be 90 degrees outside and my hands would be ice cold. Scary, I know!

It helps to move more and get the blood pumping. Walk, do something around the house, do mild exercise (you would be surprised how few simple exercises that don’t seem to do anything get your blood going), drink hot tea or even better bone broth… all these things helped me in the past. Bone broth will for sure help with lack of minerals naturally. I still can have cold hands rarely, but it’s winter time and I do think it’s normal after defrosting my car 🙂

Best of luck to you!

Arijana

Hi Arijana and thank you so much for taking the time and giving me a full account of your experience. It seems like mostly in the morning specially but drinking hot liquids helps greatly and yes i made bone broth and will be having it with breakfast tomorrow : ) i read how it helped you and was inspired by your account so i made some tonite yay! It is also winter here so that adds to the colder hands and feet. Will definitely try exercising lightly at home too so I will see how it helps. All the best and may your life be plentiful and filled with health!

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

I am happy that you decided to try the bone broth. It really is miraculous! No wonder it used to be made by women and grandmothers and it lifted a sick person out of the bed. Additional benefit for me is that it helps repair the intestinal barrier I lost, by repairing it I should really get better and not have any sensitivities and am hoping to get rid of the auto immune disease (just my own thinking, no scientific backup for it!).

Make sure to make the broth the right way though. Below is a good recipe I found online. At the beginning I would make a mistake of throwing bones in warm water and cook right away. Soaking them for an hour really does make a difference. I make a huge saucepan of it, strain and pour into jars in one-time doses and put in the fridge (you could freeze some too, but I usually finish it in couple of days so no need for that). Then in the morning you just take the cap off, microwave it, put some salt, parsley and chives, stir and drink your morning set of supplements with it. Cooking it doesn’t really take any of your time, you just leave it at the low heat, or if you have crockpot even better! I usually turn it on in late afternoon and let it cook for at least 12 hours overnight, sometimes more if someone is home to watch it.

Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.wonderfulingredients.com/soups-on-sunday

Good luck and let me know if it helps! PM is best as I am not on the forum all the time. I will have guests for a while in December too and probably not be online much 🙂

Arijana

toni8

orka1998;31256 wrote: I am happy that you decided to try the bone broth. It really is miraculous! No wonder it used to be made by women and grandmothers and it lifted a sick person out of the bed. Additional benefit for me is that it helps repair the intestinal barrier I lost, by repairing it I should really get better and not have any sensitivities and am hoping to get rid of the auto immune disease (just my own thinking, no scientific backup for it!).

Make sure to make the broth the right way though. Below is a good recipe I found online. At the beginning I would make a mistake of throwing bones in warm water and cook right away. Soaking them for an hour really does make a difference. I make a huge saucepan of it, strain and pour into jars in one-time doses and put in the fridge (you could freeze some too, but I usually finish it in couple of days so no need for that). Then in the morning you just take the cap off, microwave it, put some salt, parsley and chives, stir and drink your morning set of supplements with it. Cooking it doesn’t really take any of your time, you just leave it at the low heat, or if you have crockpot even better! I usually turn it on in late afternoon and let it cook for at least 12 hours overnight, sometimes more if someone is home to watch it.

Here is the link to the recipe: http://www.wonderfulingredients.com/soups-on-sunday

Good luck and let me know if it helps! PM is best as I am not on the forum all the time. I will have guests for a while in December too and probably not be online much 🙂

Arijana

Wonderful thank you 🙂 i followed the recipe by the GAPS diet Internal Bliss and I cooked it for 12 hours, longest cooking I have done. I will let you know how it all goes but is so deliscious mmmm thanks for the link and have a great holiday!!!

shell1226
    Replies: 71

My hands and feet are always cold, as well as my nose.

toni8

shell1226;31261 wrote: My hands and feet are always cold, as well as my nose.

I guess that;s a die off symtom I jst found out. Started to make bone and merrow broth because is excellent for the immune system here’s the recipie thanks to Arjuna who send it to me:http://www.wonderfulingredients.com/soups-on-sunday

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

My cold hands and feet (and my fingernails and the tip of my nose would go blue/purple!) were resolved when I cut wheat/gluten out of my diet.
    I don’t know how/why that would be, but gluten seems to have some negative effect on my circulation, which I believe is why my extremities would be icy cold.

I had a thermogram done for screening of my breasts (I don’t do mamograms) and the thermographer commented on how icy cold my feet and hands were. Certain fingers were really cold! My follow up 4 months later (after cutting out wheat) showed fairly solid improvements, and I don’t find I need to drink hot tea constantly to stay warm, or wear 2 layers more than everyone else.

toni8

weehen;31292 wrote: My cold hands and feet (and my fingernails and the tip of my nose would go blue/purple!) were resolved when I cut wheat/gluten out of my diet.
    I don’t know how/why that would be, but gluten seems to have some negative effect on my circulation, which I believe is why my extremities would be icy cold.

I had a thermogram done for screening of my breasts (I don’t do mamograms) and the thermographer commented on how icy cold my feet and hands were. Certain fingers were really cold! My follow up 4 months later (after cutting out wheat) showed fairly solid improvements, and I don’t find I need to drink hot tea constantly to stay warm, or wear 2 layers more than everyone else.

Ahh how wonderful, did you have a Candida overwrought too? well I have been doing gluten free too but only for two months 🙂 maybe I need to wait longer also San Francisco is cold this time of the year but honestly I shake some peoples’s hands and they are warm even outdoors lol I am jealous but very glad you are improving! be well friend…

weehen
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 18

toni8;31293 wrote:

My cold hands and feet (and my fingernails and the tip of my nose would go blue/purple!) were resolved when I cut wheat/gluten out of my diet.

Ahh how wonderful, did you have a Candida overwrought too? well I have been doing gluten free too but only for two months 🙂 maybe I need to wait longer also San Francisco is cold this time of the year but honestly I shake some peoples’s hands and they are warm even outdoors lol I am jealous but very glad you are improving! be well friend…

Hi Toni8, I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I am still struggling with candida. I did wonderfully well at around the time I cut out gluten. I used oil of oregano and had massive die-off…I could barely move for about 3 days! But after that I felt fantastic for several months. Unfortunately, stress and life in general have got the better of me lately and I am having a flare-up again. I do eat a lot of fermented foods to keep my gut healthy, but I gave in and ate some sugary junk when stressed out at work, and now I’m back to craving sugar again in a big way. But after my last day of work tomorrow for 2 weeks, I plan to tackle it again…

toni8

weehen;31302 wrote:

Hi Toni8, I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I am still struggling with candida. I did wonderfully well at around the time I cut out gluten. I used oil of oregano and had massive die-off…I could barely move for about 3 days! But after that I felt fantastic for several months. Unfortunately, stress and life in general have got the better of me lately and I am having a flare-up again. I do eat a lot of fermented foods to keep my gut healthy, but I gave in and ate some sugary junk when stressed out at work, and now I’m back to craving sugar again in a big way. But after my last day of work tomorrow for 2 weeks, I plan to tackle it again…

Ah good luck with that, but at least now you posses the tools and knowledge to make yourself halthy again 🙂 best luck with that!!!

Emsmith
    Participant
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 137

It’s also a symptom of anemia. My hands and feet have been noticeably colder lately, missed 2 periods, and I started having chest pain. I don’t have insurance and am a nurse so I tried figuring it out myself. I started an organic multi vitamin w/iron, gave myself a vitamin b12 shot, had a little red meat and within minutes the chest pain was gone, my hands and feet started warming up and the next day my period came. There was some article on here about anemia causing candida or candida causing anemia, can’t remember but Able recommended lactoferrin instead of iron and I haven’t had any problems since using it.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘cold hands and feet anyone else?’ is closed to new replies.