cold

This topic contains 8 replies, has 5 voices, and was last updated by  moochpb 6 years ago.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author

moochpb
    Topics: 112
    Replies: 688

So my finace has been pretty sick a week ago and now today I m feeling like garbage. So I know I m getting a cold too and hopefully only a cold. Do I stick on my antifungals, Oregano of oil, olive leaf extract and coconut oil? I m assuming so. I worked out alot this week and its been a stressful week at work so Im assuming that didn’t help. I m taking 4000 mg of Vitamin C, should I up it at all, also taking echinaccea. I do not want a cold already suffering from this crap. thanks

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

Able has said in some other threads that if you feel yourself getting sick, you can take 1000mg of vitamin C every hour, and it’ll help you not get sick. I personally also take 50mg of zinc once a day when I feel myself getting a cold or flu, and it’s helped me skip/shorten being sick lots of times.

Definitely don’t eat anything sugary if you’re tempted while you’re feeling sick, since sugar will depress your immune system even further.

moochpb

ok thanks I will up the vitamin c. I feel my body fighting it though where as I d be so sick already. Im wondering if its mixed with more die off though, I just ate some buckwheat pancakes and eggs. Nothing sugary for me

hope4eva77
    Topics: 67
    Replies: 548

Colds suk, I’d say up the vitamin c as much as u want & drink peppermint tea , the zinc idea is good also, I wouldn’t work out to much till ya feeling better.

moochpb

Peppermint tea sounds good

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

Definitely rest as much as you can while you’re feeling under the weather! Vitamin C + zinc will probably clear it in a day or 2. It could be die-off too, it’s so hard to tell sometimes :p

moochpb

It is hard to tell, but my fiancĂ© has been sick and i was surprised I didn’t catch it. I have been increasing my antifungals so who knows. Scratchy throat, fatigue, yet I ran 3 miles. Then after that I felt crappier. But the olive leaf is good for colds too I read.

orka1998
    Participant
    Topics: 53
    Replies: 673

Ginger tea is great for colds. Also, if you drink a lot of it when you feel like you are getting a cold, it could stop it too. Or it could help you get rid of it faster if you do catch it.

Here is how I prefer it (you can look up recipes online and just omit the sugary stuff from recipes, but this one tastes pretty good without the sugar): take 1″ piece of ginger root, peel it (you don’t have to, I like to peel it), cut into thin slices and put in a pot with a quart of water. Bring it to boil. Wash one lemon well (if you can best using organic here), squeeze the juice out of it into a separate dish (teapot or something), then take one half of squeezed lemon (the remaining skin) and pop it into the pot when it starts boiling then turn off the stove and let it simmer little bit. Remove from stove and let sit for few minutes. Strain into lemon juice and it’s ready to drink.

Hope this helps!

Arijana

moochpb

thanks

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘cold’ is closed to new replies.