Coffee

This topic contains 17 replies, has 17 voices, and was last updated by  katemurphy83 6 years, 11 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Minou
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 2

I can manage the diet because I’m in dire need of some dietary changes since it’s obviously all the junk that has causes all my candida symptoms.. The candida diet contains healthful food, lots of veggies which I should be eating and I am not. One thing I don’t and not sure I can give up is coffee. Do you think 1 or 2 black coffees a day is really going to make a difference? I can’t wake up without it and I need one in the afternoon too or I’ll pass out.
    I want to commit to this program but giving up coffee?
    Why live?

Ninni
    Topics: 0
    Replies: 13

Coffee burdens the liver which needs to be strong to fight the candida. It’s also very acidic with isn’t good because candida loves an acidic body. It also raises blood sugar levels which is very bad as well.
    Coffee also just picks you up, then dumps you. Not good for stable energy levels.
    Good luck I know it’s a hard one!

Meile
    Replies: 26

I’ve also read somewhere that coffee kills the friendly bacteria in the gut.

vevian

what about one cup of decaff?
    this is day two for me and thats what i have comitted to !

Itzomi
    Replies: 14

You have GOT to try Teeccino!!!! OMG, OMG, OMG – it is SO GOOD. It’s coffee/caffeine-free and made from dried figs, dates, roasted almonds, etc. I know it sounds like a no-no but it’s alkalizing to your system and is prebiotic. It doesn’t cause me any problems. It tastes so dang good!! Here is a link to its health benefits:

http://teeccino.com/about/36/Teeccino-Health-Benefits.html

My favorite flavor is the Almond Amaretto and my BF’s favorite is Vanilla Nut (which is also yummy). Tastes GREAT with coconut milk!!!! You can also use 1/2 Teeccino and 1/2 coffee, if you need to, which also tastes great!!

You can read the reviews on Amazon.com if you need more convincing!! You can find it at Whole Foods but not all WF stores carry the Almond Amaretto flavor. There are other flavors as well.

west_coast_gal
    Replies: 1

F.Y.I. with regards to Teecino. Yes, it is delicious but please be aware that is contains roasted barley. For those who are are celiac, gluten intolerant or are just wanting to avoid gluten while on this diet, barley is a no no

yeastfix

I’ve had to say goodbye to coffee.
    It was hard, but worth it.

lisa
    Replies: 3

I mostly drink water now and it’s no problem. I love how much money I’m saving from cutting out my morning trip to Starbucks!

whyitsme
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 72

My naturopath said I could drink coffee. I realize many of the candida diet lists say no, there are lists that say 1-2 cups is ok. Figure the diet is hard enough, why give up the coffee if giving up everything else. I do however buy the flavored beans, that way no cream or sugar is required, It is flavorful enough black.

Eileen40
    Topics: 3
    Replies: 14

Coffee or Diet Soda. Coffee or Diet Soda. A friend from Europe sent me some coffee, so I’m going to try a little. This is the worst time of year to go on this restrictive diet. No egg nog, no chocolate, no traditional foods. If the gas, the itching, and the depression don’t end because I’m drinking coffee, I’ll quit after the new year! (I’m on week 2.)

Bizo
    Replies: 5

I am getting ready to start the diet on Tuesday. I love coffee. Over the past month I reduced my caffeine intake from 4 cups in the morning to 2. Today I started drinking it black. Tomorrow I am going to try to have 1 cup and I am hoping that by the time I start the diet I will be down to one cup black. Depending on how that goes, I may or may not give it up totally. On thing I wonder though, is that on the list it says you can’t have tea and coffee because it has caffeine, but then is says you can have green tea. Green tea has caffeine, so there must be other reasons besides caffeine that coffee is not allowed? Another thing I am considering is making my own chai from almond milk and spices. Many of the spices in chai tea are anti fungal and it is a delicious tea. I might use a little black tea in there too. If I come up with a good recipe I will post it. It might need a bit of stevia too.

Citizen123
    Replies: 3

Coffee is not allowed on a Candida diet because coffee beans are FERMENTED; not because of “caffeine” itself.

People do not drink “caffeine”, they drink “coffee”. Caffeine itself does not stimulate Candida in the body.

Chamomile; Mint and Peppermint are acceptable herbal teas. Stay away from herbal teas that contain fruit ( orange peel, etc.)

Bizo
    Replies: 5

sauerkraut and yogurt are also FERMENTED and they are recommended foods to consume on the diet.

Remek
    Replies: 4

This should be helpful

“Too Much Caffeinated Coffee and Tea: I enjoy a good cup of coffee. And honestly, I drank coffee off and on during my own candida cleansing with no adverse effects. Some people tolerate and even benefit from a moderate amount of coffee on a daily basis, while others feel better totally avoiding it. Overdoing caffeine can leach calcium from the body and puts a strain on the adrenal system and immune system, for some more than others. Anyone who is doing a candida cleansing program already has a weakened immune system or the candida wouldn’t be able to wreak such havoc. If you tend to drink a lot of coffee or caffeinated tea every day, then, just for now, you might try to gradually reduce your daily intake to one or two cups. If coffee makes you feel good then by all means, there’s no reason to give it up completely! If you add sweetener make sure it’s stevia. Good Alternatives:Add some organic swiss water process decaf coffee to your regular coffee. Herbal teas are good instead of the caffeinated varieties, especially later in the day, to avoid the caffeine messing with your sleep. My favorite morning cuppa:I love yerba mate tea, which does have a stimulating effect, but not quite the same as regular coffee or tea, and it’s loaded with health benefits. Look at the bottom of this page for a 10% coupon from Guayaki yerba mate. I love love love it. “

quote from – http://www.candida-cure-recipes.com

HealMyGuts
    Replies: 12

I, for the most part, have given up coffee. I used to drink at least 3 cups every morning. I don’t even remember when I gave it up, or why, but I know it was before I started the Candida Diet.

I used to be one of those, “I need my coffee in the morning or else I can’t function,” people. Now I honestly don’t even think twice about it.

I have actually found that being on the Candida Diet is a MUCH bigger help when waking up in the morning. With coffee I would wake up groggy, get out of bed groggy, put on a pot of coffee groggy, take a shower groggy, then drink my coffee and maybe a half an hour later the caffeine would hit me. Then I would have energy for a couple hours and totally crash.

On the Candida Diet I have found it the easiest to get up in the morning that I ever have. My mind wakes up, I open my eyes, and after about 2 minutes I am fully awake. It has been almost disorienting because this has never happened to me before.I have been doing fairly well on the Candida Diet. Even after a couple days of not being super strict on the diet, I still can wake up in an instant.

I don’t know the science behind whether or not Coffee is good or bad on the Candida Diet, but I do know that for me, by following the Diet pretty closely, Coffee is not needed.

I don’t know if that will help, but I hope it does!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Coffee’ is closed to new replies.