Coconut Water

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Water

This topic contains 17 replies, has 3 voices, and was last updated by  Able900 7 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)
  • Author

Katy Gillett
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 137

I was under the impression all coconut products are fine on the diet but I just wanted to double check on coconut water??

Able900
    Spectator
    Topics: 92
    Replies: 4811

Hi, Katy, how are you these days?

Coconut water contains about 10-13 grams of sugar per 8 oz. I’d say whether or not you drink it depends on where you stand with the diet and any current Candida symptoms. Also, I’d advice on staying away from it if you’re still experiencing any die-off symptoms. If you drink it, of course like anything containing sugar, it’ll be a gamble.

Able

Katy Gillett

Damn.. I had some without realising the day before yesterday.. Could explain why I haven’t felt right today though… or could have been the gone off butter that found its way into my food! Grrr.

My symptoms are better. Still battling with fatigue and dizziness, but not as often or as bad as last week :). I finally got the Digestive Grape Bitters! My bottle tells me to take one teaspoon twice a day half an hour before a meal or straight after a heavy meal. Would that be about right?

Another update for you – I’ve been taking 10 tsps of coconut oil for a few days and 2 drops of oregano oil for 2 days. I’ve also started taking Candidate as of yesterday. Assuming nothing too bad happens on the die off front in the next couple of days I think I’ll be ready to strengthen my army. So would it be best to increase an antifungal dosage or start taking 2 probiotic capsules a day?

I know you say I can take a good few more tsps of coconut oil but I’d rather keep it at 10 as I’m starting to feel a bit weird about shoveling so much down me, plus I’m putting on weight! Is that ok or would this be too beneficial for me to ignore?

One more question about the reintroduction of foods like carrots, sweet potato, beans and certain fruits – this can only be done once I’m symptom free for a while right? How long should I be symptom free for before I can start munching on those delicacies again?

I hope you’re well Able!

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

Glad to know that your symptoms have improved since last week. Nice job.

You’re no doubt gaining weight from the coconut oil. By the way, it’s not the fact that it’s all the oil that’s allowing you to gain weight, it’s the calories. One tablespoon contains 125 calories, so 10 teaspoons is around 417 extra calories a day. Adding more coconut oil is about the only way a lot of people on the diet can stop losing and finally start gaining their weight back. If you don’t wish to gain any additional weight, just add another two drops of the oregano oil to your regimen instead of raising the amount of coconut oil. Then I would raise it by two more drops after two more days. I’d rather see you raise the oregano oil to four drops than to add another capsule of the probiotic right now.
    Remember that the Candidate can be used for instant relief from die-off.

As far as reintroducing a food item is concerned, I don’t remember you saying you were eating Granny Smith apples yet, so if that’s correct I’d start with 1/4 of one of these as the first add-on item. You should be able to add this about any time now at your discretion. If you receive a Candida reaction afterwards, just don’t eat it again for around seven days, and then test it again. But this particular apple should be fine.

As far as the Grape Bitters go, you won’t need a teaspoon full, half a teaspoon is enough to get enough taste of the bitters to stimulate the vagus nerve, which is all you really need to do. You can do this following three meals a day. Remember the nerve is on the back of the tongue, so you want to get a good taste of the bitters in the area.

Keep us posted as to your progress, ok?

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

I will keep you posted as usual! I do actually have an update as unfortunately today I feel like I’m back at square one. I’ve had a particularly bad stomach (as though someone is squeezing it) and felt exhausted, heavy, fuzzy-headed, irritable and weak again today. I found this strange as I haven’t changed anything in my regime other than adding in the Candidate and Digestive Grape Bitters which are supposed to help with any ill feelings!

So I thought I’d run through the DGB ingredients with you to see if there’s anything in that as some of them looked a bit dubious to me:

Gentian root, Angelica root, Astragalus root, Bai-Zhu Atractylodes Rhizome, Dill Fruit, Goldenseal root, Juniper Berry, Oregon Grape root, Yerba Santa Leaf, Cardamom seed, Yarrow Flowering Tops, Coriander Seed, Galangal Rhizome, Ginger Root, with essential oils of Anise Fruit and Sweet Orange.
    It also includes Grape juice, grain alcohol (20%) and purified water.

I was also having a look at the ingredients of Candidate and noticed firstly that it contains pau d’arco which I had to stop taking (as tea) previously when I was using it as an antifungal because it was causing stomach pains. And secondly that it contains 60% ethanol!!

I am a bit confused and feeling terrible so I was wondering if you could shed some light on this for me?

On another note – I added a bit of Granny Smith apple today and didn’t feel any worse for it (I added this long after I had started to feel ill as previously mentioned). So shall I only take a quarter a day or can I take quarters at intervals throughout the day adding up to one apple?

I hope you’re well and enjoying the start of a brand new weekend!

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

I guess you’ve been on the diet for at least eight weeks now, correct? I would think you were far enough along not to let the bitters bother you, but perhaps not quite. If something in the grape bitters is bothering you, it’s probably the alcohol. You can try not taking any more of the bitters, and see if you see a difference by the end of the day on Saturday or Sunday.
    Is this the first time in a while that you felt as though you’re going backwards with the symptoms?

Enjoy the weekend.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

I’ve been on the diet for 3 months (although the first month did include things like soya milk and sweet potatoes). I’ll see what happens when I’m not taking the bitters but I started to feel ill the evening before I took it which is the day I started taking the Candidate. Why is the ethanol content in the Candidate not a problem?

This isn’t really the first time I’ve felt I’m going backwards with my symptoms. It happens regularly and I can’t say I ever really go through a full day of feeling ‘well’. Although I do have moments where I do feel great. I just can’t figure it out because I’m following the diet strictly and taking the supplements and probiotics we have discussed every day. What else could be holding me back?

Sorry to keep badgering you about this stuff.

You have a good weekend too.

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Hello, Katy. First of all you’re not badgering at all, please don’t think that.

About the ethanol in Candidate being a problem; I guess I was under the assumption that you weren’t using this on a regular basis, since it works immediately and really doesn’t need to be taken unless you began to experience what you are certain are die-off symptoms. This way you should not have to take continuous dosages.
    The Molybdenum is different as it will not affect the Candida one way or another; its purpose being to handle the die-off toxins and other toxins that are released by the Candida, so if taken daily, it’s continually helping to clear the liver and your body in general of the toxins.

I have another suggestion for making a change on Monday. As far as I’m concerned, the two most needed supplements in the Candida treatment are organic coconut oil and probiotics. Since you’re still experiencing these other symptoms after nearly three months, these are the two I’d like to concentrate on if you’re willing to do so. Of course it’s going to mean increasing both, so just let me know what you think and we’ll discuss how to go about it.

Able

Katy Gillett

Thanks Able.

I’m willing to try anything at this point. As long as I’ve got my molybdenum and Candidate and they do what you say they do then I’m happy to increase asap (to your time frame of course :)). What about the oregano oil?

I was actually taking the Candidate regularly as my bottle told me to do it 2-3 times a day! I was taking it twice but only for two days so I’ll stop that immediately. It is interesting that a product with 60% ethanol content stops die off symptoms.

So what’s the plan? 🙂

Thanks!

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Afternoon, Katy.

About the oregano oil, I don’t want us to raise everything at once, but still obviously something needs to change. So I’d rather it be the coconut oil and probiotic instead of the oregano oil. The oregano oil is mainly for killing off initial large numbers of Candida in order to jump start the treatment and get a large number out of the way in a short period of time. Of course, usually this is accompanied by very strong die-off symptoms which you did not wish to experience, by the way, I don’t blame you for not wanting that. I think that getting up to three drops a day and staying there while we raise the other two will be fine.

I think you’re at 10 teaspoons of coconut oil a day, if so, let’s raise it to 12 teaspoons a day either now or on Monday. Then for the probiotic, on Wednesday, providing that you are not experiencing any of the die-off symptoms, we can go ahead and add one additional capsule of the probiotic making the total 100 billion a day. Remember to separate the two doses, such as one first thing in the morning at least one hour before breakfast, and the other late at night two hours after you’ve had food.

Katy, if you think you’ll have a problem with 12 teaspoons a day of the coconut oil, you can just skip raising this and start the extra probiotic on Monday.

Good luck with this.
    Able

Hope
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 187

Hi, Katy & Able. I actually drank coconut water from time to time on the diet w/o trouble. The Whole Approach list includes coconut water as an acceptable food for the diet. It was kind of a treat I’d get while out running errands or something (I’d swing by our health food store – they sell it cold). I will say I was careful to not include much else in the way of a potentially questionable food on those days. I mostly added the coconut water on no-carb days or on days that I had very, very few grains/carbs. I suspect it’s on a case by case, like Able said 🙂

Katy Gillett

Thanks Able and Hope.

Its good to see you back Hope and a big congratulations on the birth of your daughter!!! Fantastic :).

Able I’m on 12 tsps of coconut oil and 3 drops of oregano oil a day now.. had pretty bad die off last night and not feeling well again today. At a point where it got a bit too horrible today I took 15 drops (as the bottle states??) of Candidate in water and it made me feel slightly better but not too much unfortunately. Though I do seem to have strong die off reactions to the oregano oil as you said could happen so that might be it I guess.

I’m thinking about putting the extra probiotic in there tomorrow but if I still feel too bad I might hold off until Friday. It seems this whole process is going to be veeeeeery slow for me.

But I’ll keep you updated.

Congrats again Hope!

Able900
    Spectator

Hi, Katy.

Does the bottle of Molybdenum state how many mcg’s are in 15 drops?
    Sorry about the die-off, I was hoping you wouldn’t experience it with the Molybdenum. It could be that you just need more.

Able

Katy Gillett

Hi Able,

It was 15 drops of the Candidate by Native Remedies I took.

In each drop of my molybdenum there is 200mcg. I’m currently taking 2 drops a day (but have to take them separately because for some reason I feel nauseous after taking two at a time). Should I increase this dosage?

I just keep reading about all these people who start to feel better on the diet and they’re not even doing it as strictly as I am! Am I doing it wrong or is it possible there’s something else going on here? Or is it that maybe my Candida was worse than theirs in the first place? Questions questions!

I hope you’re well.

Katy

Able900
    Spectator

Katy Gillett wrote: I hope you’re well.

Hello, Katy. Never better actually, thanks.

That’s why I don’t normally like using supplements in liquid rather than pills or capsules. It’s difficult at times to obtain the dosage you want from drops. You could be taking 250 mcg per dose, but how can you divide a drop? At any rate, I would not take two drops at a time, 400 mcg at one time is too much. Try taking it three times a day, morning, noon and night. Remember that the Candidate is something you can use for immediate relief, probably up to three times a day as well.

Able

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Water’ is closed to new replies.