Coconut Oil Question

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Oil Question

This topic contains 4 replies, has 4 voices, and was last updated by  SunnyCO 5 years, 4 months ago.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author

jereseib79
    Topics: 5
    Replies: 62

I was hoping to get some input from the experts about coconut oil. I was reading the book “The Inflamation Free Diet” and they have coconut oil listed as the most inflammatory oil because of its high saturated fat content and no omega 3 or 6’s. I use this exclusively to make the coconut bread in which I eat 2-3 pieces a day.

Should we be avoiding coconut oil and using something like olive oil instead? I know excessive inflamation is the last thing we need when battling candida. It seems like i have a hard time digesting it also, for example if I eat 1tbsp at a time I feel really tired and nauseous. I just wonder if my liver is having a hard time digesting that much fat at once. Or should I just offset the saturated fat content by upping my vegetable intake which are highly anti-inflammatory?

Thanks for any replies.

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

Coconut Oil is indeed very high in saturated fat.

Why do you believe this is bad?

SueSullivan
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 108

SunnyCO
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

Coconut oil is very high in Caprylic Acid which is great for fighting Candida. It’s a MCT (medium chain triglycerides) and is absorbed differently than other saturated oils. Saturated oils are critical for the body or else it cannot produce hormones. MCT does not get stored in the body and is used for energy. I consume at least 4-5 tbsp. a day, my cholesterol is 145 and I’m dropping weight even though I’m 5’7″ with 19 BMI. A day without coconut oil is a miserable day for me.

SunnyCO
    Topics: 1
    Replies: 11

Also, research olive oil… it is actually one of the highest allergen oils there is!

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Oil Question’ is closed to new replies.