Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?

This topic contains 24 replies, has 12 voices, and was last updated by  lmm 6 years, 2 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)
  • Author

shell1226
    Topics: 8
    Replies: 71

For those of you benefiting from the use of coconut oil, how much are you using on a daily basis and how are you using it? Are you cooking with it? Putting it in your green smoothies? Eating it by the spoonful?

Thanks for your input.

Rachelle

Danny33
    Topics: 25
    Replies: 362

I use it for most or if not all of my cooking.
    Roast all veggies with it
    Put it my oat bran
    grease my pans/baking pans
    Make salad dressing with it

I don’t actually keep track of how much I use but its probably close to being “too much”. I love the taste and it has many benefits other then anti-fungal.
    I use “Garden of Life – Organic coconut oil”, a 16oz jar will last me 1-3 weeks average.

serenedream
    Topics: 9
    Replies: 84

For those using as a primary antifungal, how many teaspoons/tablespoons are you consuming on a daily basis? Around 15-16?

Danny33

I probably consume between 15-30 teaspoons a day, sometimes more.
    But again, I don’t measure anything….
    Coconut oil is safe even at higher doses, as long as its not causing serious die-off indulge a little.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

I take 16 tsp per day. 8 with breakfast and 8 with dinner.

shell1226

Wow! That seems like so much oil. Danny, JoJo, has it affected your weight one way or another?

Rachelle

Danny33

Is question regarding weight gain?

My weight has not changed since using coconut oil.
    Do not be concerned with the high-fat content of coconut oil. It contains short and medium-chain fatty acids that do not contribute to weight gain. It actually gives your metabolism a boost.

shayfo
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 668

I cook with it, add it to hot cereal/mashed cauliflower+rutabaga, eat it off the spoon, salt it to use as butter on buckwheat biscuits or pancakes, etc. When I was making smoothies, I added it to them (I haven’t made a smoothie in a while). Over the course of a day, I eat anywhere from 4 to 8 tablespoons, I would guess. My weight has stayed within a 3-pound range for the past 8 weeks.

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I use it in virtually everything I make, as well as eat some off the spoon when I’m cooking with it. I don’t measure anything. I would guess I have anywhere from 3-15 spoons a day, depending on what I’m eating and how much oil it requires. Probably average somewhere in the 10 range.

I have not gained any weight, only lost it on this diet.

Sonic Boom
    Topics: 15
    Replies: 52

What type are you guys using? Mine looks like ice when I open the can (though is not frozen), and needs to melt into a liquid. Is this the type you generally use as a dedicated anti-fungal, or a pill/liquid form?

shell1226

Thanks for the replies, everyone. Yes, Danny, that question was concerning weight gain. I’m so fearful of gaining weight. I am at the high end of a healthy BMI, give or take a couple of lbs. I have actually lost 20 lbs. since staring this on the first of January. I would hate to jeopardize my progress. I have been using it, but not as much as others.

Jo*Jo
    Topics: 64
    Replies: 242

shell1226;38241 wrote: Wow! That seems like so much oil. Danny, JoJo, has it affected your weight one way or another?

Rachelle

Yes it definitely has. It made me put on 6lbs

alexalgebra
    Topics: 41
    Replies: 643

I use the cheapest organic virgin I can find (usually Trader Joes or 365)…I’m on a budget :p It’s in a jar.

mygutleaks
    Participant
    Topics: 47
    Replies: 166

does anyone think there is a minimum amount one should use? I have been eating 1 tblspoon with each meal. the jar says no more than 4 tbl per day. i too use the garden of life brand.

Kag
    Topics: 18
    Replies: 402

I only take a tablespoon or two a day. I use it a little in cooking. I do other antifungals too. I have found that if I get too much fat in my diet that my stomach isn’t happy. I do fry chicken in it, which is lovely!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 25 total)

The topic ‘Coconut Oil – How much and How are you using it?’ is closed to new replies.