Coconut oil breaking me out after 2-3 months of taking it?

Home The Candida Forum Candida Questions Coconut oil breaking me out after 2-3 months of taking it?

This topic contains 3 replies, has 2 voices, and was last updated by  raster 4 years, 8 months ago.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

So i’ve been taking Nature’s Way organic extra virgin coconut oil for about 2-3 months by now, and I’ve noticed major improvements in my candida symptoms and digestion. However, I’m not exactly sure whether the coconut oil is breaking me out or I am detoxing from it because I’ve taken it almost daily for that long.

I did take a break from coconut oil for about two weeks, noticed my acne reduced greatly, but some candida symptoms came back. I have also been trying out this new Dairy Free Cultured Coconut milk from the company So Delicious, and Triphala 250mg capsules. Any ideas on whether I should stop coconut oil for good and just focus on probiotics and triphala for now?

I might just do a little test.

Test 1: Take only coconut oil for a week and see results
    Test 2:Take only Dairy Free Cultured Coconut Milk for a week and see results
    Test 3: Take triphala 250mg capsules for a week and see results

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

Seems like to me that breaking out with acne is a side effect of the coconut oil…so if the acne is your top concern then go ahead and stop. Keep in mind that if you detox properly/efficiently you may not have any acne or detox symptoms. Additionally you could switch to a different antifungal and see if its the same side effect.

-raster

andrewmezzo
    Topics: 26
    Replies: 17

raster;58302 wrote: Seems like to me that breaking out with acne is a side effect of the coconut oil…so if the acne is your top concern then go ahead and stop. Keep in mind that if you detox properly/efficiently you may not have any acne or detox symptoms. Additionally you could switch to a different antifungal and see if its the same side effect.

-raster

Hi raster yes I will decide to decrease my intake of the coconut oil for a bit now. What’s your take on triphala? I’ve been taking it for a full week now and haven’t seen any improvements, should I stop taking triphala as well?

raster
    Participant
    Topics: 104
    Replies: 6838

You should notice changes pretty quickly with supplements from my experience, some you may not notice though…its hard to say.

-raster

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Coconut oil breaking me out after 2-3 months of taking it?’ is closed to new replies.